RIP Stuart Gordon

Tools    

Stuart Gordon (Re-Animator, Dagon, Fortress, From Beyond) passed away a couple of days ago. He had a brand of bizarre schlock that came across as very unique and engaging to me as a teen. I believe he was also largely responsible (maybe the most responsible) for the Lovecraft resurgence in the later 20th century to today. As evidenced by my 10 year-old username, he was my favorite filmmaker growing up. He gave a handful of friends and I an early taste for the offbeat, and his movies still carry a fun & slimy nostalgic appeal.

I'm not too familiar with his musical theatre work, but I'm now discovering that he was big in that world as well.

I believe he was also largely responsible (maybe the most responsible) for the Lovecraft resurgence in the later 20th century to today.
Gordon, Call of Cthulhu role-playing game by Chaosium and Arkham House publisher are the big three that come to mind.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I'm a fan of Dagon and Re-Animator. Thought From Beyond was pretty decent too. The only film I wasn't a huge fan of was King of the Ants.

Suspect's Reviews