Camo's 2018 Movie Log

→ in
Tools    

Glad you liked Ms. 45, I loved it. Really hope you enjoy Bad Lieutenant, I think you will. Exotica sounds great, been on my watch list for a while but will try and get to it sooner.
Watched it, it was great. I'd say i liked it a bit more than Ms. 45 since it was better acted, Ms. 45 came across pretty goofy at times this was just super dark and sleazy. Keitel's best performance i've seen, he was a bit over the top but it suited his drug addicted mentally ill probably character, those anguished howls of grief got right under my skin, jesus the film was weirdly understated outside that with the characters just completely used to the filth surrounding them. I saw that Scorsese had it as the 5th best film of the 90's makes a lot of sense obviously as a catholic guilt film set in New York. The thing i found interesting compared to Scorsese's catholic guilt films is The Lieutenant was an utter scumbag seemingly unredeemable yet we watched him grapple with his faith and regret and demons, not dissimilar to Scorsese's except his characters are often bad people with at least some good or some hope in them. Incredible last scene especially how numb it left me and yeah great film.

Also watched Early Man which was okay, big fan of Aardman but this was pretty dull.

Unregistered User
Watched it, it was great. I'd say i liked it a bit more than Ms. 45 since it was better acted, Ms. 45 came across pretty goofy at times this was just super dark and sleazy. Keitel's best performance i've seen, he was a bit over the top but it suited his drug addicted mentally ill probably character, those anguished howls of grief got right under my skin, jesus the film was weirdly understated outside that with the characters just completely used to the filth surrounding them. I saw that Scorsese had it as the 5th best film of the 90's makes a lot of sense obviously as a catholic guilt film set in New York. The thing i found interesting compared to Scorsese's catholic guilt films is The Lieutenant was an utter scumbag seemingly unredeemable yet we watched him grapple with his faith and regret and demons, not dissimilar to Scorsese's except his characters are often bad people with at least some good or some hope in them. Incredible last scene especially how numb it left me and yeah great film.

Also watched Early Man which was okay, big fan of Aardman but this was pretty dull.

Glad you enjoyed it Camo, I knew you would. It would finish high up in my list of favourites. As gritty as it gets really.