Classic Basketball Thread

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
31 blocks, holy geeze. I hated wztching Bol. Very awkward looking player. You like the giants hey JJ?
They can be a lot of fun to watch. There's something exciting about seeing Manute Bol block 8 shots and make a three pointer. I love reading box scores, so oddities like that make me like certain players more than I should.

They can be a lot of fun to watch. There's something exciting about seeing Manute Bol block 8 shots and make a three pointer. I love reading box scores, so oddities like that make me like certain players more than I should.
Saw the Knicks in person a couple weeks ago. I'm not loving Porzingis. 7'3 and he's fronting guys. Doesn't play tough at all. Maybe it will come.

That was like an average tuesday for Wilt.
If we compared everything to Wilt, the only thing that would impress anybody is somebody making two free throws in a row.

Out of the big four NA sports Basketball is the only one i'm really into have been since i was like 8 or something. Getting into the NFL quite a bit right now and can't wait for the Super Bowl, i'm interested in Baseball too but i must admit i'm mostly interested in pitching, Greg Maddux is my favourite player so far.
Camo you know my home team won the World Series.. yeah I know its silly its called that but hey I cant change that...

We got to go to the play offs for the NFL but lost to Cricket's silly team... Patriots...

We used to have a basketball team in the 1970's...

We have NASCAR here, minor league baseball and soccer as well and we had indoor football and hockey at one time.

If we compared everything to Wilt, the only thing that would impress anybody is somebody making two free throws in a row.
I saw something the other day about Wilt having one of the highest post season free throw % of 68 i think it was.

Yeah MG, you guys had Oscar at one point.
Oscar? sorry, Im not familiar with the players back then.... I was a young girl .. I remember my father watching it.. but my parents were more into Baseball and Football.

How in the world did that happen? Watching video of Wilt shooting free throws is hilarious. He approached it like a child approaches the task of eating their vegetables. I've heard the theory that Wilt was just too powerful for free throws and it was hard for him to get the right amount of touch on his shots from the line. I don't remember where I saw it, maybe on his namesake's archive, but it talked about how great he was with fadeaways because he could actually get touch on his shot by going away from the basket.

Oscar? sorry, Im not familiar with the players back then.... I was a young girl .. I remember my father watching it.. but my parents were more into Baseball and Football.
De la Hoya, the big O.

Oscar Robertson - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Robertson

Apparently he didn't play in KC. Played for the same team though.
well The Royals are our baseball team... and the Kings was our basketball team...

How in the world did that happen? Watching video of Wilt shooting free throws is hilarious. He approached it like a child approaches the task of eating their vegetables. I've heard the theory that Wilt was just too powerful for free throws and it was hard for him to get the right amount of touch on his shots from the line. I don't remember where I saw it, maybe on his namesake's archive, but it talked about how great he was with fadeaways because he could actually get touch on his shot by going away from the basket.
No idea. I haven't even tried to confirm it myself, it was from a guy on another site who is obsessed with Wilt who usually ends up in Wilt vs Russell debates the only thing more boring than Brady vs Peyton. The guy does know his Wilt stats and would be called out for making stuff up so i saw no reason to doubt it and mostly didn't care.

Kansas City Kings - Basketball
Kansas City Royals - Baseball
Kansas City Athletics - Our first baseball team (moved to Oakland)
Kansas City Blades - Hockey
KC Sporting - Soccer
Kansas City Brigade - Arena Football
Kansas City T-Bones - minor league Baseball
Kansas City Monarchs - Negro Baseball Team (1920-1965)

damn forgot Kansas City Chiefs... (how could I?!?!?)

well The Royals are our baseball team... and the Kings was our basketball team...
The Kings were the Rochester Royals (they won their only title under this name) then the Cincinatti Royals before becoming the Kansas City-Omaha Kings then just the Kansas City Kings now Sacramento.

The Kings were the Rochester Royals (they won their only title under this name) then the Cincinatti Royals before becoming the Kansas City-Omaha Kings then just the Kansas City Kings now Sacramento.
Ok makes sense... I didnt know.. I just knew that Kansas City Athletics moved to Oakland CA and became the Oakland A's.

Ok makes sense... I didnt know.. I just knew that Kansas City Athletics moved to Oakland CA and became the Oakland A's.
You mean the Philadelphia Athletics .

I know they were KC btw, just saying they were the Philly A's for over 50 years.