Classic Basketball Thread

Tools    

Anyone seen ESPNs top 10 of each position?

Sg:

1.Michael Jordan
2.Kobe Bryant
3.Jerry West
4.Dwyayne Wade
5.Clyde Drexler
6.Allan Iverson
7.George Gervin
8.Ray Allen
9.Reggie Miller
10.Earl Monroe

PG:

1.Magic Johnson
2.Oscar Robertson
3.John Stockton
4.Stephen Curry
5.Isiah Thomas
6.Chris Paul
7.Steve Nash
8.Jason Kidd
9.Walt Frazier
10.Bob Cousy

Center:

1.Kareem
2.Wilt
3.Russell
4.Shaq
5.Hakeem
6.Moses
7.Robinson
8.Ewing
9.Mikan
10.Walton

PF:

1.Duncan
2.Malone
3.Dirk
4.Barkley
5.Garnett
6.McHale
7.Pettit
8.Hays
9.Pau
10.Rodman

SF:

1.Lebron
2.Bird
3.Dr J
4.Durant
5.Baylor (should still be above Durant)
6.Pippen
7.Hondo
8.Barry
9.Worthy
10.Wilkins

Camo, you surprise me.. you are in the UK and you watch American sports?

Most Ukers and Australians dont like American sports..

When did they post this? I know Steph Curry hung the moon and all, but feels kinda odd for him to be that high already.
They are running through a top 100 as well here is 91-100 so far.

100.Shawn Kemp
99.Kevin Love
98.Gail Goodrich
97.James Harden
96.Bobby Jones
95.Marc Gasol
94.Mark Price
93.Lenny Wilkens
92.Nate Thurmond (should be a lot higher)
91.Maurice Cheeks

Let the night air cool you off
I saw that too. I was on the phone with a friend when I saw it. I mentioned how out of place Love felt on the list, and I also thought it was a little early to see Harden in the list. Happy to see Gail Goodrich on the list. I said the same thing about Nate Thurmond too, dunno why he is so low.

Camo, you surprise me.. you are in the UK and you watch American sports?

Most Ukers and Australians dont like American sports..
Out of the big four NA sports Basketball is the only one i'm really into have been since i was like 8 or something. Getting into the NFL quite a bit right now and can't wait for the Super Bowl, i'm interested in Baseball too but i must admit i'm mostly interested in pitching, Greg Maddux is my favourite player so far.

Wade, Curry, and Paul all seem high. I hate Iverson. I know he was a scoring machine though.
Iverson actually got me into Basketball. I started watching when he was at his best and i actually supported the 76ers for a while because of him, still have a 76ers Basketball

One of the best youtube channels if you want to watch OLD basketball posted a 26 minute video on Elgin Baylor. Baylor is a lot of fun to watch.

We can all agree that the worst thing about the Cold War is how long it kept Arvydas Sabonis out of the NBA, right?
Yeah. Also Rocky 4 has to shoulder the blame for the horrendous officiating in the Lakers-Portland 2001 series.

Yeah. Also Rocky 4 has to shoulder the blame for the horrendous officiating in the Lakers-Portland 2001 series.
Sabonis gave Shaq some trouble, just imagine if he actually had knees at that point in his career.

Sabonis gave Shaq some trouble, just imagine if he actually had knees at that point in his career.
Still think the Chris Webber Kings team was better than that Portland and deserved a title.

We can all agree that the worst thing about the Cold War is how long it kept Arvydas Sabonis out of the NBA, right?
That is a name I haven't thought about in years. Fun Portland team. Lots of good players but I was a Terry Porter fan. I have a thing for PG.

Still think the Chris Webber Kings team was better than that Portland and deserved a title.

Webber was good but lacked a killer instinct or something. Those teams were a good blend. Young and old, inside and outside. Nice team.

Speaking of knees. Manute Bol. He has some of my favorite stat lines of all time. One of them was when he was in a DIII college, but still, this is a wacky one: 32 points, 29 rebounds.... and 31 blocks. I know, DIII college game, but still hilarious to think about. That would have been a blast to see in person.