Movie Tab II

Tools    

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Sedai
Unbreakable [i](Shyamalan, 2001)
good taste like always dear Sedai. fans of Comics unite...

Family Guy Presents: Stewie Griffin - The Untold Story

Not as good as the normal TV series but it had some laughs.

The Fog (2006)

What a bunch of crap. And, let me tell you, the last thing you're going to be doing off the "Oregon coast" is partying on a boat with a bunch of chicks with barely anything on. You're more likely to have some old sea-hag with a hairy chest chewing tubakey' and drinkin' moonshine. What also pissed me off is that there's no stinkin' Antonio island off the Oregon coast. A bunch of malarkey. The movie sucked by the way.

The Crow

It's hard for me to like a movie when a hord of fan-boys do too. I know that sounds ridiculous but I can do what I want. So, to all you you wierd Crow knockoffs stop doing that. It's a decent movie but when I'm watching it I think of all those turds walking around like they're freakin' the deepest most mysterious turd since Edgar Poe or some crap.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Kill Bill: Vol 1-

Not as good as i once thought...

Chronicles of Riddick-

Some nice action but quite uneven...

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Kill Bill: Vol 1-

Not as good as i once thought...

Chronicles of Riddick-

Some nice action but quite uneven...
Kill Bill and Chronicles of Riddick got the same score. HAHAHA I freakin' agree! I freakin' AGREE!

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Elizabethtown Cameron Crowe is really head and shoulders above the rest of the romantic comedy crowd don't ya think? There were so many times this movie made a (completely un-self-conscious) smile spread right across my face. And man, did I ever underestimate Kirsten Dunst. It was very believable that someone could fall completely in love with her character. I went into this expecting some enjoyable fluff and was just about blown away. Most people reading this will think I'm overreacting, but it's not often I get so caught up in a movie that I forget to analyze it and just enjoy it. There's something really special about this one.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Strummer521
That seems like such a superficial complaint. Sure it's a play and nothing more. But it's a damn good play. If you like theater, why do you object so strongly to watching it on film?
I think the complaint is anything but superficial. You saying that it's a good play is, of course, opinion so saying Cinders should like it on those grounds alone is...well...slightly strange.

I can't stand Dogville either and I even bought the little bugger thinking that it must have some merit, judging by the amount of praise on here. I disliked it even more second time around.

The stylistic premise isn't original, but I found it wallowing in it's own supposed obliqueness. This wouldn't be so bad if the script and acting were top notch - I didn't find anything to like in either.

The Emporer's New Clothes, I'm afraid...

history *is* moralizing
i hadn't thought about it, but DOGville begins with the same letters as DOGma - is this a coincidence??
i liked Dogville, i'll admit without any shame. Nicole was great.

I flat out love Dogville, and the follow-up, Manderlay, is just as great.

But whatever.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

history *is* moralizing
still have to see Manderlay. with my love for redheads, i don't know why i still haven't...

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by Tacitus
I think the complaint is anything but superficial. You saying that it's a good play is, of course, opinion so saying Cinders should like it on those grounds alone is...well...slightly strange.
I see your point. However I wasn't saying Sam should like it because I do. I was taking note of the fact that she seemed to dislike it only because it was a play which didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Witness 6/10

Great

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by OG-
I loved the New World. Tremendeous filmmaking. It is heart wrenching stuff. Beautiful movie.

I wrote a mini-review of Monster Squad on my site, but yah, makes ya' feel like a kid again. It is just as entertaining as it was 12 years ago. I'd buy it in a heartbeat, if it were actually available on dvd, but alas, it tis not....
This has sadenned See, that is a sad face. i thought it was finally available on DVD in the States? Drat. I'm sure it'll come out eventaully. I mean they released The Explorers on dvd recently...not that, that has anything to do with monsters but Monster Squad was so much better!

But the thought of The New World makes me smile again See, smiley.
Originally Posted by Ezikiel
Bubble, A-
2006 - Steven Soderbergh
So ya liked it? Any details Zieky? Im lookin forward to this.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
well, now i really gotta see this Dogville! Initially i had heard many mixed things and was interested in watching it anyway...hmm...

but as for me:

Secretary - before this movie, i never thought Maggie Gyllenhaal was attractive, or even that likeable, but i have to say i was impressed with the performance she gave, with such a likeable, even sexy character. this is possibly one of the strangest plots ive had to wrap my noodle around, but, i think this might even end up being one to own for me...5/5

If Lucy Fell 3.5/5

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
This has sadenned See, that is a sad face. i thought it was finally available on DVD in the States? Drat. I'm sure it'll come out eventaully. I mean they released The Explorers on dvd recently...not that, that has anything to do with monsters but Monster Squad was so much better!
I actually doubt it'll be released on DVD anytime soon. My guess says that there are too many copyright issues involved with all of the monsters and their relative holders... :-\

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I liked Dogville. It wasn't just a filmed play. After a while, I forgot that the set was like that, I just got used to it.

Anyway...films I have been watching:

Magnolia - OK. There were things about it which were clever, and beautiful, and interesting BUT not enough things to keep me entertained for 3 hours. A good deal of time taken up with people screaming and swearing at each other . And it just wasn't as profound as it obviously thought it was.

Way Down East - it took a while to get used to the style (kind of like Dogville), especially as every other scene seemed to be a different tint and the picture quality was not the best BUT once I did, I was really engrossed in the story. Melodramatic, yes, although with bits of slapstick put in for good measure (which reminded me of early disney cartoons - I suppose they copied this film?). The ice sequence at the end really is that good - and that must have taken some dedication to filmmaking! Recommended.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Originally Posted by Thursday Next
Magnolia - OK. There were things about it which were clever, and beautiful, and interesting BUT not enough things to keep me entertained for 3 hours. A good deal of time taken up with people screaming and swearing at each other . And it just wasn't as profound as it obviously thought it was.
i actually quite enjoyed Magnolia...but its one of those flicks i could understand why someone couldn't get into it...however, i thought it was fun to watch, in that Paul Thomas Anderson kind-of-way. was it really three hours?

Aristocrats

As far as documentary skills go I think it could have been better but the content is what made it watchable. You've got Bob Sagget talking about... just watch the movie. I don't want to repeat anything here. It's basically about an inside joke told from one comic to another comic. Good stuff.

Ichi The Killer

This movie blowed'ed'ed real freakin' hard. I didn't even finish the bologne.

My Own Private Idaho

Some of the content made me uncomfortable but I think it was a pretty dope movie.

Half Light - 2.5/5 - Slightly silly, slightly bad acting, but still a little enjoyable.