Most Surprising ending

Tools    

It was beauty killed the beast.
Like Lordslayton, Kong saw Frailty's "twist" ending coming a mile away. It's obviousness was one of the major reasons that Kong didn't care much for it.

Anyone else seen this little William Castle gem? Possibly the best surprise ending Kong has ever seen.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	homicidal.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1941  

ok for me it was.............The Others...............Wild Things................ and Fatal Attraction...........

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

I think for me one of the greatest suprise endings would be One flew over the Cocoo's nest. With Jack Nickelson. I saw that with my sistemany years ago, and I can remember how stuned I was at the ending. In the manner that you never (at least, I never) saw it coming.

The two most surprising (and amazing!) endings for me were definately in Fight Club, and Brazil.

Originally Posted by marksul
The two most surprising (and amazing!) endings for me were definately in Fight Club, and Brazil.
Holy Crap, I forgot Fight Club! Never seen Brazil though. Fight Club is one of my all-time favorites!
And found he was eating his shoe.

Was anyone suprised by the ending of Identity?

No.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Of course, the film itself is now considered a classic, and its final scene is one of the most lauded of all time, but the ending to Casablanca is certainly a suprise the first time you see it. Unless some jerk has ruined it for you already. By, like, playing the last scene in many a cinematic retrospective.

But it's still a twist.
A suprise, if you will.

Well, it is.

probably Lost in Translation

yes.. is saw that movie...

The ending of Existenz was excellent. Way back when it came out, I read a review that described it as "the thinking man's Matrix," and that's a fairly apt description.

Not to mention that I never really saw the twist coming, as simple as it turned out to be. My mind just couldn't bend that way.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally Posted by dajusta
probably Lost in Translation

yes.. is saw that movie...

Kong thought it was a very good film, but what did you think was surprising about it? It all seemed pretty preordained to Kong.

I will have to cast my vote for Godzilla because I really thought they would have watched their own movie before they would have decided to think they could have made enough money on the first one to even think about making a second one.

I would have to say Primal Fear

im deff have to go with fight club i still cant belive how aweswom that ,ovie ended...the sixth sense was really good too

Probably "Hard Core Logo", the ending just comes out of nowhere. "Blair Witch Project", "Seven", "12 Monkeys" and "The Sixth Sense" as well. I also get chills everytime I watch the ending shot of "Fight Club"... that Pixies song works perfectly.

Thursday Is Best
fight club
the game
se7en
identity
scream 1 2 3
pirates of the caribbean, dont know y either
6th sense
urben legends
freddy v. jason
spiderman
LOTR: return of the king
young frankenstein
bad boys 2
terminator 3: rise of the machines

Originally Posted by FloydtheBarber
Was anyone suprised by the ending of Identity?
No, I am with Holden on this one.

Originally Posted by nebbit
No, I am with Holden on this one.
Now don't even try to convince me that the ending to Identity was obvious. Were you not surprised, or just didn't like it? I am just confused on how anybody could've picked up on that the first time.

Seventh Sign...
Completely different than what i was expecting...

Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
Now don't even try to convince me that the ending to Identity was obvious. Were you not surprised, or just didn't like it? I am just confused on how anybody could've picked up on that the first time.
I didn't pick it from the beginning but it didn't take me long, for me it was like what I do for a living, as for Holden i can't really comment but I will, I think he has a great insight into all movies so maybe that is why he was able to pick it also. It isn't a movie i will see again as i prefer not to see movies that feel like work, I want escapism.