1. A Night at the Opera v Duck Soup
2. All Quiet on the Western Front v The Wizard of Oz

1. A Night at the Opera
2. The Wizard of Oz

Two anti-war masterpieces...

Duck Soup

AND

All Quiet on the Western Front
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Dedicated Ewan freak forever.
Gone with the Wind v. Wizard of Oz

They said on the Wizard of Oz special that Hollywood made more hit movies in 1939 than any year prior or something. They just made a lot better movies back then, anyways.

I am obsessed with the Wizard of Oz but Gone With The Wind was a great movie too!

You've come in a bit late to this little tally, but the point isn't just to pair two movies off against each other randomly. There was an initial list of thirty-two, which got pared down to sixteen, then to eight or so, now four. The two of these possibles that get the most votes will square off in a final. Then the final winners from all decades will compete again, to determine one favorite movie of the century - at least as far as the folks voting on this board goes, and from the nominees given. It ain't scientific, just a little game to pass the time.

Gone with the Wind was already eliminated. But plesae, do play from this point on: A Night at the Opera vs. Duck Soup, and The Wizard of Oz vs. All Quiet on the Western Front. Give us your votes.

Dedicated Ewan freak forever.
Sorry about that =) Never mind then. I am a little new, thanks for making me feel welcome here!