The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Everyone keeps talking about Fantastic Planet, I've never seen it nor know what it's about.
Fantastic Planet sucks as a film, but it has great unique animation. But it ****ed up ones mind while watching it, probably one of my most hated movie experiences ever lol

Already one from my list...

I had Tarzan at #9

Ever since I watched Tarzan at the theatre with my dad, as one of my very first movie experiences I ever had, I've loved this film so much! It's a bit cliché on some points perhaps, but Phil Collins' songs are absolutely amazing and some of the best he ever produced. The animation is great and snappy to look at when Tarzan flies through the jungle or the clever editing several places throughout. And most importantly, it hits you right in the feels in the end... One of Disney's best efforts and one of their most underrated films ever.

I recently revisited a lot of classic Disney childhood favorites - and movies like Robin Hood didn't held up for me today - but Tarzan truly did. I'm glad to see that it at least made the list I'm happy enough for that, and I hope more people will check it out if they haven't. Great film with many heavy subjects strung together with beautiful animation and great soundtrack.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I've seen all four movies to make the list so far. Surf's Up was the only one from my list and they only one I really like. The others are ok.

I put A Bug's Life at #6, in retrospect that was (probably) a spur decision. It's a lovely film though and I'm glad it made the list.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
And I often put movies that are really great at the bottom of my list just because I know they'll definitely make it and other people will vote for them.

Now if everyone did that with great movies... those movies might be in trouble. BUT, not everyone will because to a lot of people, those great movies ARE the best movies for them. They're their favorites. But for stuff that's not loved by many people.... you've gotta fight to get it on the list.

I'm sure lots of people strategically do things to get certain movies on the list. That's probably how a lot of STUPID FOREIGN STUFF makes it. Everyone chats it up via private messages -- "Hey Harry Lime... don't forget to put this MOVIE NOBODY'S HEARD OF at #1 on your list!" "Sure thing, wintertriangles!"
At least there's material for another video this time, Sexy...

Back on topic, I didn't vote for either of these, but have seen both and like both about this (
) much. A Bug's Life is still not better than Antz in my opinion, even after re-watching it.

Tarzan is good, but it doesn't compare to other 90's Disney films.

Reviews

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Those are pretty good movies for barely making the list. I haven't seen Tarzan that many times but I remember it's a good one with Disney again pushing the limits of a G-rated movie, although not nearly as much as in The Hunchback of Notre Dame. A Bug's Life was a personal favorite for awhile, but it's grown a bit lower in recent years. I still like it, especially the wacko sense of humor and all the homages to The Magnificent Seven/Seven Samurai. None for me so far with two in the 101-110 zone.

#15 The Adventures of Prince Achmed (#110)
#16 Vincent (#109)

I really like A Bug's Life. It's one of my childhood favorites. It had to make room for some other great films, though, so it didn't make my list. I'm glad it made it. The film has a very rich, microscopic world that always felt magical to me.

Tarzan is a minor Disney, in my opinion, but it's still a really good film. I particularly love the first couple of scenes (when there's no talking). Really effective storytelling. When I think of it, Tarzan is just a very physical film overall, which of course perfectly fits its environment.

(after this scene, there's that great action scene with the jaguar)

Great, thanks Yoda.

Very happy to see Tarzan made it onto the list, I forgot to include it on mine. Very long time since I've seen A Bug's Life, not even sure if I've seen all of it.

Thanks for posting Cobpyth! Was just reminded once again how much I love that film. Such strong masterful opening in my opinion. And yeah, the jaguar escape scene is damn intense!

Lord High Filmquisitor
I've been meaning to rewatch A Bug's Life for a few years now, ever since I realized that it was a Pixar remake of Seven Samurai. I remember not beijg especially impressed with it when it first came out, though.

I saw Tarzan for the first time earlier this year. It was a well enough film with some fantastic songs in it.

I remember going to see A Bug's Life in theaters when I was young. I am probably the only person that has ever left that movie crying when all the scary grasshoppers leap into the air. xD It has been a while since I've last seen this one and I think it is high time for a rewatch.

Tarzan is a wonderful little animation. The characters are very memorable and the story has many feels for me. I especially love Tantor. I remember watching the animated series in the morning before school. Very fond memories attached to this movie and that which it has spawned.