What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Today, it's The Best of the Worst, a 12 movie collection from that purveyor of the best in cinema, Mill Creek. It has Manos, The Hands of Fate, often mentioned in lists of the worst movies ever, Dementia 13, an early Coppola epic and Eegah, a movie named after the noise made by the creature.

You can even see one of the first appearances of Jack Nicholson in The Terror or The Amazing Transparent Man, starring the guy we can't see. 8 more means lots of late nights and beer, with the so-called "Masters of Horror".

You ready? You look ready.

One of the greatest 80s movies and one of the greatest animated movies ever. I did not own a physical copy (this also included a blu-ray copy), and I hear this transfer is supposed to be wicked sharp.

I already own it digitally on iTunes so wasn’t bothered by no digital copy included, but I’ve been picking up physical discs of late because I have no internet.

Does anyone have Romeo is Bleeding on DVD? If so, how is the transfer? Is it good or should I step up to BluRay?

I went and found this edition on eBay because it’s the one I grew up watching, and I hate the changes they made for the 2010 reissue.

EDIT: fantastic. The disc is bad. Waited all week for a dud

I just know they're coming to kill me.

If you know, you know.

That's a unique autographed copy of a DVD that had a very limited run of a web series that eventually become its own show on Viceland and no it wasn't cheap. Probably the most I've ever spent on a DVD before.

I went to the mall today and picked up:

Dumbo (original animated)
Dumbo (live action remake)
Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (Arrow)
Spider-man 3 movie collection (Homecoming, Far From Home, No Way Home)

Finally bought Dredd. Thinking I may need to move it higher on my favorite films list. Really wish I had a Dolby Atmos system.

And picked up Sicario because it was on sale and Josh Brolin is a badass.

Finally bought Dredd. Thinking I may need to move it higher on my favorite films list. Really wish I had a Dolby Atmos system.

Sicario is a good movie. Amazed Emily Blunt was good in her rôle: didn’t expect it. The movie after Sicario was awful.

Sicario is a good movie. Amazed Emily Blunt was good in her rôle: didn’t expect it. The movie after Sicario was awful.
I didn't think the sequel was as bad as everyone says. It's not as good as the first one, but it still has its merits.

I'm a fan of Brolin, so I'm excited to see a third, which I believe is in development.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

loved original dredd better then the remake of dredd

Really enjoyed this show but life got in the way and I never finished it. Time to correct that mistake.
I watched it primarily for Tim Olyphant. Hell of a handsome guy with a great voice. Good show too.

DVD proper? Dragonslayer: an amazing fantasy film that has criminally not been put on BluRay yet.

BluRay, though? I went on a bit of a Gundam splurge: Gundam Wing (Collections 1 and 2), Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz and 08th MS Team (which is basically the Vietnam War if it was fought using mechs).