Best Boston crime film

Tools    

Don’t Draft Me, I Watch Anime!
I think people just got tired of NYC tbh. Northeast crime movies getting placed in Boston is a somewhat recent trend I thought?
Several years ago Boston became a more desirable location for film production. I believe it has to do with tax incentives or something like that.
Also, I wonder what effect 9/11 had on production in NYC. I know for awhile, people were avoiding the city.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh maybe, but I still thought you could set in a movie in NYC, and people would not have a problem with it because of 9/11/ For example, Gone Baby Gone is about a kidnapped child, people are trying to find, and it has nothing to do with 9/11, so I felt that the audience would still be okay with that story set in NYC, if they chose to set it there.

Night School from 1981 takes place in Boston, although it's more slasher than crime.

For me The Friends of Eddie Coyle would be my favorite. I had it pretty high up on my 70s list and was disappointed it didn't make the countdown Next might be Gone Baby Gone.

Oh maybe, but I still thought you could set in a movie in NYC, and people would not have a problem with it because of 9/11/ For example, Gone Baby Gone is about a kidnapped child, people are trying to find, and it has nothing to do with 9/11, so I felt that the audience would still be okay with that story set in NYC, if they chose to set it there.

That's an odd thing to say. There's still plenty of movies made in NYC, but the novel Gone Baby Gone is set in Boston, so why would they change the location?

Semi-Pro Movie Complainer
Might be a little too easy, but I gotta go with it...The Depahhhhted!!

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
That's an odd thing to say. There's still plenty of movies made in NYC, but the novel Gone Baby Gone is set in Boston, so why would they change the location?
Well what I mean is, is that Boston crime movies seem more dark and gritty than the average NYC one, and I was wondering what that is, if it's true that Boston is not higher on crime. Unless I am not seeing the right NYC movies.