Stupid Quotes

Tools    

Let's see 'em.

"I'm hopeful. I know there is a lot of ambition in Washington, obviously. But I hope the ambitious realize that they are more likely to succeed with success as opposed to failure." - George W. Bush

And to be fair:
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." - Al Gore

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." - Britney Spears

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

there's a frog in my snake oil

George the 2nd on...

Movies:

"More seldom than not the movies gives us exquisite sex and wholesome violence, that underscores our values. Every two child did. I will."

--Meeting at the Economics Club of Detroit, apparently.

Energy, conservation, consumption etc:

"We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."
-- Clarifying once and for all his idea of energy policy, Trenton, New Jersey, Sep. 23, 2002

"Imagine how less dependent America will be on foreign sources of energy, and how more easy it'll be to clean up our air."
-- Imagine just how "more easy" it will be. Washington, D.C., Feb. 25, 2002

[Not sure what the hell he was talking about there (Alaska? No-more dirty-foreign oil??) - I'm too busy imagining the flying home-made air-sponges or whatever it is he has in mind that might clean up the air. I always thought you had to control consumption and emissions at the production end ]

"We want to reduce greenhouse gases. Ours is a large economy. We used to generate more wealth than we are today. And as a result, we do contribute greenhouse gases to the atmosphere."
-- Press conference with Tony Blair, London, July 19, 2001 [We always love to hear him speak over here . He makes TB seem more coherent, and less messianic even! Nah, nothing could make Tone seem less messianic actually]

"The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants."
-- Interview with the New York Times, Jan. 14, 2001
[Ohohoho. teehee. Chortle chortle. Oh my sides. Is THIS why it was so easy for Enron's Ken Lay to push Bush towards rejecting price controls etc? Yet more sound thinking from the big guy ]

"There's no such thing as being too closely aligned with the oil industry in West Texas."
-- Washington Post - By Lois Romano and George Lardner Jr. [Said in the seventies but still speaks volumes ] [it was probably said during his 1978 run for Congress - while being backed by Enron, even then ]

Erm, i'll look for some non-political ones

"I don't think that Saddam Hussein is deliberately starving his own people. I would think that a man who gets 99 percent of the people to vote for him in an election and the people love him so much, how would they love a man that is starving them?'' - Louis Farrakhan

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
"I don't think that Saddam Hussein is deliberately starving his own people. I would think that a man who gets 99 percent of the people to vote for him in an election and the people love him so much, how would they love a man that is starving them?'' - Louis Farrakhan
Did Farrakhan really say that?? Wow; that is VERY dumb.

OMG who is this person

Um, don't know the guy. Surely that's ironic (made doubly ironic by the fact that the UN food-for-oil deal suited both the UN and Saddam very nicely - so it was a multi-party bit of oppression in some ways. Once the UN saw that Saddam was merely (a) keeping the food/medicine etc in the upper echelons [the free-trade trend dontcha know - the top elite get v. elitist - funny the parallels it has with autocratic regimes eh? ] plus (b) it all helped Saddam maintain his oppression. The UN shoulda rethunk. They didn't.]

...back to the quotes....

Bush (everyone's favourite foolish-wit) on...

Political history...

"I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well."—Washington, D.C., Jan. 29, 2001

World politics and geography...

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."--After meeting with the leaders of the European Union, Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001

The hope of the nation...

"We ought to make the pie higher."—South Carolina Republican Debate, Feb. 15, 2000 [ohohoho, ahahahaha, i love it when he talks the truth]

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."—Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000 [and a great example of how he flounders when he's trying to sound sincere ]

and finishing with a message for us all...

"It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet."—Arlington Heights, Ill., Oct. 24, 2000

Originally Posted by firegod
Did Farrakhan really say that?? Wow; that is VERY dumb.
Yes, he really said it… I guess he knows not to bite one of the hands that feeds him…

Originally Posted by nebbit
OMG who is this person
Louis Farrakhan is the head of the Nation of Islam.. the black version of the KKK… and not to be confused with the Islamic religion… they don’t want him…

Golgot… don’t you know anyone else who said something stupid… say like Prince Charles or even the Queen…

I See You When You're Sleeping
Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh

His most notorious incident came in China when Philip was reported to have told a British student that he would end up with "slitty eyes" if he stayed there too long.

Yes, he really said it… I guess he knows not to bite one of the hands that feeds him…

Louis Farrakhan is the head of the Nation of Islam.. the black version of the KKK… and not to be confused with the Islamic religion… they don’t want him…

Golgot… don’t you know anyone else who said something stupid… say like Prince Charles or even the Queen…
****, they're inbred! It's like kicking a spaniel. And besides, i can't deicpher what language they're speaking. One that can only be spoken thru the nose apparently.

Anyways - good god! That guy was for real? Christ, he needs his whole body examined! The black version of the KKK is a very fair description of those boneheads (come across them, and they've accidently played their part in the odd good thing - but they loony all right]

And soz, but bush is the best bull**** manufacturer in years. I just love his products . Mmm, smell the aroma.

Oh alright, just for you Caity-lyn, some all purpose ones...(we all so good at being stoopid too)...

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?
Answer: “I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever.” * Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest

”Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can’t help but cry. I mean I’d love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff.” * Mariah Carey

“I haven’t committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law” * David Dinkins, New York City Mayor, answering accusations that he failed to pay his taxes. [one rule for them.... (the one whereby the rules don't apply to them )]

“Smoking kills. If you’re killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.” * Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign

“When I have been asked during these last weeks who caused the riots and the killing in L.A., my answer has been direct and simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame.” Former U.S. Vice-President Dan Quayle on the complex social issues behind the Los Angeles Riots. [oh what did we do before George? Why we had Dan! The red-herring man! Don't assasinate the king, his vizier's a moron! Can you imagine him with the magic lamp??]

“I don’t feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.” John Wayne

“They’re multipurpose. Not only do they put the clips on, but they take them off.” * Pratt & Whitney spokesperson explaining why the company charged the Air Force nearly $1000 for an ordinary pair of pliers.

"If English was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for the schoolchildren of Texas." --possibly: Texas Governor James Ferguson in 1919 When asked why he vetoed a bill funding the teaching of Spanish in Texas. Also possibly by Gov. "Ma" Ferguson. Also attributed to spokesperson for some English-only pressure group of recent years. Funny anyway, if not said in jest

BANNED
Originally Posted by Golgot
****, they're inbred! It's like kicking a spaniel. And besides, i can't deicpher what language they're speaking. One that can only be spoken thru the nose apparently.

Anyways - good god! That guy was for real? Christ, he needs his whole body examined! The black version of the KKK is a very fair description of those boneheads (come across them, and they've accidently played their part in the odd good thing - but they loony all right]

And soz, but bush is the best bull**** manufacturer in years. I just love his products . Mmm, smell the aroma.

Oh alright, just for you Caity-lyn, some all purpose ones...(we all so good at being stoopid too)...

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?
Answer: “I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever.” * Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest

”Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can’t help but cry. I mean I’d love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff.” * Mariah Carey

“I haven’t committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law” * David Dinkins, New York City Mayor, answering accusations that he failed to pay his taxes. [one rule for them.... (the one whereby the rules don't apply to them )]

“Smoking kills. If you’re killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.” * Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for a federal anti-smoking campaign

“When I have been asked during these last weeks who caused the riots and the killing in L.A., my answer has been direct and simple: Who is to blame for the riots? The rioters are to blame. Who is to blame for the killings? The killers are to blame.” Former U.S. Vice-President Dan Quayle on the complex social issues behind the Los Angeles Riots. [oh what did we do before George? Why we had Dan! The red-herring man! Don't assasinate the king, his vizier's a moron! Can you imagine him with the magic lamp??]

“I don’t feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.” John Wayne

“They’re multipurpose. Not only do they put the clips on, but they take them off.” * Pratt & Whitney spokesperson explaining why the company charged the Air Force nearly $1000 for an ordinary pair of pliers.

"If English was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for the schoolchildren of Texas." --possibly: Texas Governor James Ferguson in 1919 When asked why he vetoed a bill funding the teaching of Spanish in Texas. Also possibly by Gov. "Ma" Ferguson. Also attributed to spokesperson for some English-only pressure group of recent years. Funny anyway, if not said in jest
Hilarious!

By the way, here are some more:

"After finding no qualified candidates for the position of principal, the school board is pleased to announce the appointment of David Steele to the post." -- Philip Streifer, Superintendent of Schools, Barrington, Rhode Island

"I've always thought that under populated countries in Africa are vastly underpopulated." -- Lawrence Summers, chief economist of the World Bank, explaining why we should export toxic wastes to Third World countries

"I've never had major knee surgery on any part of my body." -- Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country." -- Marion Barry, Mayor of Washington, D.C.

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history -- this century's history--We all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century." -- Dan Quayle

BANNED
I am the most APOLITICAL guy I know. ~ Django ~ 02-13-2003
Hi nebbit. Well, I have left, officially, but, on occasion, I check back in as a visiting alum, so to speak.

Caitlyn, contrary to what you might believe, I am terribly apolitical, which is scary, come to think of it. For if I am apolitical, imagine how political political people might be! (Case in point, Yoda, budding member of the Republican Youth!)

Anyway, here's wishing both of you--the sweet and the cynical--all the very best. See ya!

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Come on Django. You may be fooling yourself, but you aren't fooling me. You'll be back sometime, and sometime that is soon. You might as well stay and save us the trouble and the let down of you coming back.

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
Come on Django. You may be fooling yourself, but you aren't fooling me. You'll be back sometime, and sometime that is soon. You might as well stay and save us the trouble and the let down of you coming back.
Stop that! You are not supposed to encourage him, oh well what can you do, he may as well stay.

BANNED
Gawwsh!!! I'm touched!

BANNED
This website has a wealth of stupid quotes: http://www.amusingfacts.com/stupid.html

For example:

"I don't think the Republicans can damage my character"
- Bill Clinton, former U.S. President

"Politics gives guys so much power that they tend to behave badly around women. And I hope I never get into that."
- Bill Clinton, former U.S. president

"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."
- Bill Clinton, former U.S. President

"The internet is a great way to get on the net."
- Bob Dole, Republican presidential candidate

"Inbreeding is how we get championship horses."
- Carl Gunter, Louisiana state representative, explaining why he was fighting a proposed antiabortion bill that allowed abortion in cases of incest.

"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."
- Charles De Gaulle, former French President

"My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt."
- Chuck Nevitt, North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice.

"Most lies about blondes are false."
- Cincinnati Times-Star, headline

"Models are like baseball players. We make a lot of money quickly, but all of a sudden we're 30 years old, we don't have a college education, we're qualified for nothing, and we're used to a very nice lifestyle. The best thing is to marry a movie star."
- Cindy Crawford, Supermodel