RIP The Ultimate Warrior

Tools    

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide

Even if one does not consider themselves to be a 'wrestling fan', I'm sure countless people have heard of The Ultimate Warrior. Tragically, he passed away earlier today, just 24 hours after making a profoundly sincere speech on Monday Night Raw, WWE's weekly wrestling program. He was also inducted into the company's 2014 Hall of Fame, burying the hatchet with Vince McMahon and co. after 17 years of disdain.

A harrowing coincidence that as soon as he came back to the business that made him popular he passes on. Apparently, he died of a heart attack, although this is yet to be confirmed. This was more-or-less his final words:

You feel as if he knew what was coming. All conjecture aside about that and himself, as a person, a great loss. RIP.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Ime shocked. I only seen, and was talking about him on Raw yesterday.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
I watched Monday nights episode of Raw yesterday. I can't believe that he is dead! I guess that it is good that he healed all his old wounds with the company and fixed that part of his life before he went. Rest in Peace Warrior.

His promo from RAW this past Monday feels almost eerie now. Sucks for his family. I saw he had two young daughters that accompanied him during the Hall of Fame ceremony. Watching him come out to the ring on Monday, he didn't look to be in very good health. But still, to be dead just a day later? Crazy.

Macho Man Randy Savage died a few years back too, he was only 58. I didn't know until only a few months ago. Of all the things to kill a wrestler, it was a heart attack.
Randy Savage wasn't that big when he was a wrestler, yet when you see him in the 2002 film Spider-Man, he's absolutely massive.
I reckon it's all the steroids. If you look how big these guys are, it can't be natural... steroids knacker the body up.
Even Schwarzenegger admitted to using them and he's had heart troubles as well...

Get this... 46% of male wresters die from heart attacks.
75% of female wresters die from heart problems.
Macho Man Randy Savage, Andre the Giant, Paul Bearer and Eddie Guerrero (an active wrestler at the time) all died of heart failure. The list goes on: Umaga, Fabulous Moolah, Yokozuna, Big Boss Man, British Bulldog, Gorilla Monsoon, Brian Pillman, Mabel. In 2010 Lance Cade also died of heart complications aged just 29.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/hard-drugs-...egends-1444020

Do wrestlers even dress like this anymore? It's such a shame if they don't. I don't think they act much like this anymore, do they?

They're like really butch drag queens. I love it.

R.I.P.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	the_ultimate_warrior_photo_by_windows8osx-d509ynp.jpg
Views:	2463
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	13518  

Nah, wrestling doesn't have any characters anymore.

The Undertaker is still going strong but he just looks like a biker now so I'm not sure why he still calls himself The Undertaker.

Nah, wrestling doesn't have any characters anymore.

The Undertaker is still going strong but he just looks like a biker now so I'm not sure why he still calls himself The Undertaker.
That's what I was thinking. Undertaker was still a character, but nobody else.

That's really disappointing to me. The death obsessed character is still around (figures), but none of the flashier, more showy wrestling characters exist. From what I've seen, now it's just regular guys with muscles.

Nobody has any real... PIZZAZZ!

'80s wrestling ruled.

RIP Ultimate Warrior

Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Undertaker, Big Show, The Rock, Steve Austin, Ric Flair, Big Boss Man and Mick Foley are my all-time favorites. The best years for WWE (besides the 80's of course) were 1997- 2004 (the attitude era). I miss those days. It seems like Vince McMahon is trying to run ballet company these days

That's the thing though... Undertaker is still around, but he's not The Undertaker anymore. He's just a giant bloke covered with tattoos.

Very original, that.

Then

Now

That's the thing though... Undertaker is still around, but he's not The Undertaker anymore. He's just a giant bloke covered with tattoos.

Very original, that.

Then

Now
Whichever gimmick he's using, I still wouldn't like to bump into him in a dark alley.

Pretty sure I've met Ric Flair.

When I was 8 years old at the same place where I met Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger).

I met a blonde pro wrestler and I believe it was Ric Flair. I'm 95% certain of this because that name has always stuck with me and he looks like the guy I met and I have a memory of my dad showing me Ric Flair on television afterwards. I didn't know who the hell he was at the time, so meeting him was really nothing to me. But I can remember meeting this guy and having a little chat with him ("Did you go over there and meet Freddy Krueger?" he asked me as I must have been holding a Freddy autograph). Nice guy. I'm pretty sure it was Ric Flair. My dad might have his autograph.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ric Flair AP Graphics Bank 660.jpg
Views:	2554
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	13519  

It's hard to forget Ric Flair - a white haired, drug-fueled, raving lunatic. It's a miracle he hasn't had a heart attack before now. He used to go absolutely crazy during his promo's. This is one of his best.

Yeah, he looks like the guy I met. Those eyes and that face look like him. He was gentle and soft spoken to me (I was a kid). I didn't meet a raving lunatic. But he reminds me of the guy I met so I think it definitely was him. I'm pretty sure it was him.