Boyhood (2014) - Richard Linklater's newest film

Tools    

Certified 100% on Rotten Tomatoes 0_o

look forward to see it

Make a better place
I am a fan of Richard Linklater & a big fan of Ethan Hawke, so I'l definitley watch this film

Sorry if this is a little redundant for people who've already seen it, but just in case, here's an essay I just wrote about the film (among other seemingly disparate things):

Boyhood, Bears, and Roger Bannister

As you can probably glean from this fact, critics have been kind to Boyhood. But that praise has often been qualified, because the film raises some tricky questions for anyone attempting to appraise it. Questions like this one: Can a film's beauty occur off screen?

Saw it tonight. Reviewed it in Rate The Last Movie You've Seen thread. Remarkable achievement. Plays like a mirror into my childhood and my decisions I made. But man was it dull. Not watching anytime soon again.

Deserves the Oscar love but I don't think it should win. I haven't seen much of the other Oscar movies. Just nothing that really caught my eye this year. Definitely want to see Selma and Birdman and Whiplash for my hometown boy Miles. Saw Grand Budapest...meh to me...loved Moonrise Kingdom thou. But I usually take hold to one or two movies or actors/actresses I want to see win. Not this year for some reason.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)