Link the Actor

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
Um...
no.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
Can I watch you work then? Lemme give you some really hard ones to link...yeah?

Other people may want to play too, you know.

But OK. For the record, Goodman & Depp can be linked through yet another John - JOHN TURTURRO: Depp worked with him in The Man Who Cried, and Goodman has worked with him a few times, most obviously Barton Fink but also two other Coen Brother's flicks O Brother, Where Art Thou? and The Big Lebowski ("Eight-year-olds, Dude").

So, give me two more names, Sades (if you're still here)....

Now With Moveable Parts
Gawd! I was totally going to go the road of Barton Fink. Dammit.

Anyhoo...you know I'm here, it's called the "Who's Online" page. and if anyone else wanted to play, they can just say so.

Carrie Ann Moss and Ted Danson. *surpressing a giggle* Go!

Well, if you didn't know the little art-house flick The Man Who Cried, John Turturro is going to be a dead-end for you again on the Depp side anyway.

Carrie-Ann Moss was in Red Planet with Tom Sizemore, who was in Saving Private Ryan with Ted Danson.

Stanley Tucci & Sidney Poitier...

Now With Moveable Parts
Okay. This is sad...but all I really know is that Sidney was in Sneakers with Robert Redford.

Robert Redford was in Indecent Proposal, and OH MY GOD??!! Wasn't Stanley Tucci (who I loved in the Imposters) in that movie?!
Heh heh.

Jack Palance and Molly Ringwald

Now With Moveable Parts
D'oh *cringe* That was Oliver Platt...but they were in The Imposters together...right? Tucci is the bald one, Platt is the fat one? Platt=fat...okay. Got it. I hope this makes it before Holden corrects me...hurry hurry!

Yeah, that was Platt in Indecent Proposal, and Tucci hasn't been in any movies with Bob Redford.

But I'll answer yours anyway...
Palance was in Young Guns with Emilio Estevez, who was of course in The Breakfast Club with Ringwald.

Anyone having another crack at Tucci & Poitier?

Now With Moveable Parts
Yeah, but Oliver Platt was and Platt and Tucci--yadda yadda *see above post.

Okay: Here's one for ya, ifin' you still wanna play with me,

Jack Lemmon and John Cusak

Well, technically, Johnny Cusack and Jack Lemmon appeared in the same movie once: they both have cameos as themselves in Robert Altman's cameo-filled The Player.

But discounting that one if you so wish, Cusack was in Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil with Kevin Spacey (ever heard of him?), who worked with Lemmon a few times. Most memorably perhaps in Glengarry Glen Ross (ever heard of that?), but also Dad and two made-for-TV movies The Murder of Mary Phagan and Eugene O'Neill's Long Day's Journey into Night.

BTW, Tucci to Poitier can go directly through ROD STEIGER. Stanley co-starred with him in the good Mafia-take on Billy Shakespeare's Macbeth called Men of Respect, and Sidney of course co-starred with him In the Heat of the Night.

And that is quite embarassing, Sades: go rent some Sidney Poitier flicks (other than frippin' Sneakers, like maybe something from waaaay back in the 1960s) ASAP.

Kevin Spacey & Madeline Kahn...

Now With Moveable Parts
You could have just gone, Jack Lemmon in Short Cuts with Lily Taylor and Lily Taylor to John Cusak in High Fidelity. Hee Hee.

Madeline Kahn and Kevin Spacey were both voices in A Bug's Life.

Alicia Silverstone & Haley Mills

Kevin Spacey was in The Ref with Denis Leary, who was the voice of Francis in A Bug's Life with Madeline Kahn (who played Gypsy).

EDIT: Dude, you're right. Clean forgot about Hopper. Anywho...

Paul Giamatti and Paul Newman

So they were both in A Bug's Life.

I had another name originally for you to link to Spacey, since you're so ga-ga for him, but I canged it at the last second to make it easier for you. I'll go with that original combo now and you can muddle through:

Kevin Spacey & Zero Mostel...

If you don't know who Zero Mostel is, pity for you then.

Now With Moveable Parts
Holden, he was in The Producers....but I'll find that link.

Paul Giamati was in Cradle Will Rock with Susan Sarandon, who was in Twilight with Paul Newman.

The Mills/Silverstone link is going to be a two-stepper. Neither has been in many movies.

OK, Mills to Silverstone can go...

Hayley was in the original That Darn Cat! with the late-great RODDY McDOWALL.
McDowall was in the It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World rip-off Scavenger Hunt, featuring ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER in one of his earliest roles.
Ah-nold was in franschise-killer Batman & Robin with Alicia

If anyone can find a one-step link between these two, I'd be happily curious to hear it.

Now With Moveable Parts
Kevin Spacey in Working Girl with Harrison Ford
Harrison Ford in Apocalypse Now with Robert Duvall
Robert Duvall in To Kill A Mockingbird with Gregory Peck
Gregory Peck in Cape Fear with Robert Mitchum
(I know Holds, I know!)
Robert Mitchum in Two for the Seesaw with Shirley MacLaine
Shirley MacLaine in Terms of Endearment with Jack---I'm exausted, I'm missing something.
There's all those comedians in It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World...and Dick Shawn and Oh My God, I'm done.

Just tell me Holden. Or someone else do it.

You were so on the right track with The Producers. I figured if you knew Zero at all, it'd be from that movie. Now think back to Spacey's first little supporting roles, pre-Glengarry Glen Ross, when he was just making his way into films. He played a brilliant baddie on the TV show "Wiseguy", which probably lead to him being cast as the heavy in this comedy... Come on, I know you can get it. Starred somebody who worked with Zero Mostel and Madeline Kahn. Take a wilder guess.

How about a new one now:
Kenneth Branagh & Benicio Del Toro...

Now With Moveable Parts
Gene Wilder?