Shows as good as Game Of Thrones, Breaking Bad, & The Walking Dead?

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Well I didnt think the day would come. Theres a show thats EASILY as good as the big three.

HBO's True Detective with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson. This is without doubt the most gripping and terrifying show on television. Theres only 8 episodes total though, and the 5th one just aired sunday.

This is the story of two men that worked as homicide detectives in who the hell knows where, Louisiana 17 years ago. There was an exceptionally grissly murder case they supposedly solved. Now the killings are occurring again, and theyre brought in seperately and questioned on the case and surrounding events. Thats such a bare bones description, enjoy

True Detective might be the best TV show ever.

Everyone who hasn't seen it should watch "the Shield", up there with the greats.

If you like a slow burn Spy show check out Alec Guinness in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and the follow up series Smileys People.

On Netflix I've enjoyed The Crown, and Manhunt Unabomber was top drawer.

1. The Americans
  2. Bates Motel
  3. Billions
  4. Deadwood
  5. Doctor Who/Torchwood (2005-2010)
  6. Fargo
  7. Friday Night Lights
  8. The Handmaid's Tale
  9. Hannibal
  10. Homeland
  11. IZombie
  12. Justified
  13. Mad Men
  14. Mr Mercedes
  15. Narcos
  16. Orphan Black
  17. Ray Donovan
  18. Rectify
  19. True Detective(Season 1)
  20. The Wire
Excluding the extremely obvious ones, Lost, Battlestar Galactica Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Sopranos, etc..those are the top 20 shows you should check out.

Thank you to both Gandalf and Siddon. Of all mentioned there are 7 I haven't watched, and now will.

Here's the 20 tv series I have left to see...

Broadchurch.
The Shield.
Cobra Kai.
Battlestar Galactica.
Outlander.
Manhunt Unabomber.
Stranger Things.
Billions.
West Wing.
Mr. Mercedes (I've never heard of this one before).
Mindhunter.
The Crown.
The Handmaids Tale.
Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy.
Smileys People.
The Office US (I think I've watched two and a half seasons of it and it's great will watch the rest).
Wentworth.
Peaky Blinders.
Luther,
and Ancient Aliens.

I wish I could find a way to catch up on the last few seasons of Wicked Tuna and Hell's Kitchen.

1. The Americans
  2. Bates Motel
  3. Billions
  4. Deadwood
  5. Doctor Who/Torchwood (2005-2010)
  6. Fargo
  7. Friday Night Lights
  8. The Handmaid's Tale
  9. Hannibal
  10. Homeland
  11. IZombie
  12. Justified
  13. Mad Men
  14. Mr Mercedes
  15. Narcos
  16. Orphan Black
  17. Ray Donovan
  18. Rectify
  19. True Detective(Season 1)
  20. The Wire
Excluding the extremely obvious ones, Lost, Battlestar Galactica Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Sopranos, etc..those are the top 20 shows you should check out.
Funny thought just came to me cuz I've seen a lot of these, but I think that if I had to pick the number one series out of all the ones you listed there, I surprised myself, honestly I'd have to say it would be Friday Night Lights. It truly was strong start to finish if I had to make any criticism is that they had too much shaky-cam in the first season.

Made a correction in Penny Dreadful post, it used to be on Showtime. I don't know if you can find it on Netflix now or not, I think maybe.

Thank you to both Gandalf and Siddon. Of all mentioned there are 7 I haven't watched, and now will.
Mr. Mercedes (I've never heard of this one before).

Not surprised this was on the AT&T Network, but it is definitely worth seeking out. I liked this more than Castle Rock, it's a Stephen King adaptation about a cat and mouse game between a retired detective and a psychotic hacker. It's sort of a mix of Luther and Breaking Bad

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I would skip Doctor Who, Westwing, Broadchurch.

It's not that they are necessarily bad but they aren't anywhere near the level of some of the stuff on your list.

I would skip Doctor Who, Westwing, Broadchurch.

It's not that they are necessarily bad but they aren't anywhere near the level of some of the stuff on your list.
Doctor Who initially ran for twenty-two seasons uninterrupted, with many changes in front of and behind the camera. Variations in quality were inevitable really.

I just finished binge-watching all 6 seasons of Wentworth and it was a lot of fun. I've now decided to start venturing into Australian and British Productions. I'm watching Peaky Blinders and Jack Irish consecutively. After that I'm gonna watch The Crown.

Not surprised this was on the AT&T Network, but it is definitely worth seeking out. I liked this more than Castle Rock, it's a Stephen King adaptation about a cat and mouse game between a retired detective and a psychotic hacker. It's sort of a mix of Luther and Breaking Bad
I finished the first two seasons of Mr. Mercedes and I have to say it's good. The first season was better but I'm very curious what the third season going to be like. Stephen King has a bad track record when it comes to the endings to his stories

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Mindhunter really got me. I didn't see it happening, but there was a lot of nostalgic cigarette smoking involved.

Dark is the show that you need to drop everything else and watch. Literally nothing else like it and it's fascinating. I've stopped watching tv for the most part, but I will make time to watch Thrones, Stranger Things (probably shouldn't after S2) and Dark. I would trade GoT for the second season of Dark

I would trade GoT for the second season of Dark
Now that's a bold statement........and it worked. I'll watch Dark next.