Doctor Who

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Series Three of the new series started last night...who was watching? And what did you think?

I thought it was a big step up from the Christmas special, which tried too hard to be funny and often failed, and also had the extremely irritating Catherine Tate in it. This at least had one funny line "Where are they from? The planet Zovirax?"

The new companion seems ok, but really too similar to Rose. I thought they would have gone with something different. I really hope they don't go for a romance between the Doctor and Martha.

David Tennant is brilliant, even crazier than before.

The rhinos were lame, though.

Agree with all that. I was actually really suprised at some of the effects, good to see license money goes somewhere. Yes, Rhino's were lame, my eyes nearly rolled into the back of my head when they took their helmet off, but oh well. I got the impression the new companion would be very similar to Rose but thank **** it's not Catherine Tate. The episode next weeks looks bit naff but i never really enjoyed the ones set in the past.

Three good episodes then downhill all the way. But I seem to be the only person on here still watching (or still bothering to talk about it...). The new companion is really winding me up. I know it's for kids, but does everyone in the show need to hug so much?

Geek that I am, I would just like to qualify my above comment that the episodes have been going downhill after the Family of Blood two-parter turned out to be really quite good. Those scarecrows were scary. And David Tennant can act. He so needs to be in more films.

Funnily enough, that was the only episodes i've seen since the first i think. Things i don't like about the show but do still like the fact it knows how to have fun without being really pretentious.

True. I quite liked tonight's ep. Sort of like a development of last series' 'Love and Monsters', but a bit slicker. Not so much Doctor, which is a shame, but not so muh Martha either, which is a relief...

Missed last nights, no one in my house watches it. Might catch it on On Demand.
No one in my house would watch it if they had a choice...but they don't!

Finally getting to watch the last two episodes tonight, after last Friday's repeat was moved to make way for Glastonbury (although that was good too), woo! Then Saturday's is the last in the series, boo!

Well that was an exciting if over the top couple of episodes. Looking forward to tomorrow's finale. I liked how earlier episodes tied in to the finale in a much more comprehensive way than the previous two series. I could have done with a few fewer flashbacks, but Mr. Next said he could have done for a few more, as he didn't have a clue what was going on!

Yeh, i preferred her to Billie Piper.

Good episode, was hoping for something a bit more explosive i think but it all worked really well. Not so keen on Jack tho.

tonights the finale, cant wait. Bit annoyed that Freema wont be in the next ones, theyre gonna have a new assistant, i quite liked her.
Is that true? I didn't know that. But then I have been avoiding spoilers until I watch the last episode tonight. If they get a new assistant I really hope they go for someone different (i.e. not a young girl from London with suspicious fashion sense and a crush on the Doctor).

Well tbh I was a bit disappointed with the last episode, although with such a build up it was bound to not quite live up to it. The get-outs are often a little lame (which is forgivable in what is basically a kids show) but it was bit too predictable that they were going to rewind time.