latest asian TV show you watched/currently watching

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
@WorldFilmGeek - great we got supersentai watcher here - is that the latest instalment??
Yes it is the latest Super Sentai Series. Been watching the S3 since 2007's Jyuden Sentai Gekiranger and my two oldest daughters watch it with me as they are huge fans of both this and Power Rangers.

I also used to watch this a lot when I lived in New York:

@Dani8 - This show did a special episode that spoofed Iron Chef and it was hilarious. It pitted co-host Hitoshi Matsumoto against J-Pop star Masaharu Fukuyama with co-host Masatoshi Hamada as the Chairman, even decked out with fake wig and Takeshi Kaga uniform...he even bites the bell pepper but looks in the camera and starts laughing.

watching dragon maid witch is anime

Actually live action tv show that what i had in mind, back then. But thread title suggested for whatever type nevermind

You can't win an argument just by being right!
lolol @ see if granny becomes a contorttionist

Lol story and character wise it's probably the dullest KR series that i'd seen, truly letdown in compare to previous heisei era.

I knew that in context as type of young boys show in demography, the franchise always has typical b plot, c-grade amateurish acting but this one is beyond ridicule especially when it trying too dark and serious, tone that previous series could did quiet so well.

Still the concept and design is what stand out for most of the part. Feel not bother to continue for now

Mr. Nietzsche in the Convenience Store
damn, this burst laughter midnight show is hilarious xD ,that one doesnt need for read the like thus spoke zarathustra to begin with as reference. think the material and setting really suit comedic oriented director yuichi fukuda - well he is not much visual stylist nor big budget type of

also i must say that jiro sato is truly underrated comic genius. his trademark for absurd, improvised "non stop" monologue was precious that even led other actors candid-ly lose their character - i mean why should they need to retake these priceless moments ? xD

Mother (2010)

Nogizaka Under Construction (2015-)

Comedic duo Bananaman really lit up the show, cant get enough of these xD

Keyakitte Kakenai (2015 - )
recently rewatch some and watching few more episodes that i havent.
Well opinion change. Maybe im so green with typical variety show in japan and just quiet hype months ago. It's not that good actually.

The show Less lively than the sister shows(nogidoko, nogichuu) and the both MC beaten miles away against Bananaman.
Well it's not nearly bad i guess as it got momentum but they cant keep that long especially after new year. Some fans said it must be the girls that's mostly too introvert and shy(but now it's already 3 years for the later)
The management/staff seems already take long noticed but quiet late for bring up some improvement attempts like recent topics and segments regard. Well it wont be any better if they become so noisy or became cheerleader's like akb48 tho', the impression, at least just dont be some dead crowd in reaction.

Currently,

Going My Home (2012)

Low key dorama by the one and only Hirokazu Kore-eda
this is truly a gem. Now imagine if one marathon of koreeda for almost 8 hours - or even imagine ozu or naruse did a tv series - now that's definitely and simply stomp the decalogue

The lovely, so feel natural conversation and interaction, the chemistry and the rich characters conveyed so well. The stories (and the foods), these subtle way of storytelling, the delicacy, the social commentary, full life lesson that is not shove into your throat, an eye opener journey, and bla bla bla any praise word i can digest right now

- koreeda went lowkey without lowering his game instead played an attractive one in such minimalism

River's Edge Okawabata Tanteisha (2014)

fine episodic show, nearly average. idk how to called these old trope that seems pretty popular in japan, that even Cowboy Bebop basically just "rehearse" these type of thing again(tho' the later slightly differ since its bounty hunter).
the approach was quiet resemblance to mahoro ekimae bangaichi by the trope , and style(because its share the same director). only less intriguing, quiet thin in source material and in the execution.

currently, still on my queue
Saiko no Rikon (2013)
almost forgot this one

Kangoku no Ohimesama (2017)
dropped
again, kudokan tackled interesting, over the top premise. tho' seem thing just not at his best.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Going My Home (2012)
Just when I thought this is a worthless thread, I learnt Koreeda made a miniseries! Thank you, reso.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Going My Home (2012)
Just when I thought this is a worthless thread, I learnt Koreeda made a miniseries! Thank you, reso.
i cant praise him highly enough on this one. Highly recommended :thumbup: