"Luck don't live out here."
Castlevania: Season 1 (2017)
Platform: Netflix

Episode 1: Witchbottle - 83%
Episode 2: Necropolis - 76%
Episode 3: Labyrinth - 80%
Episode 4: Monument - 82%

Season 1 Overall Rating - 80% Fresh

Despite its short length, the first season of Castelvania sets up an interesting story for season two while also providing some fantastic action sequences.

Castlevania: Season 2 (2018)

Episode 1: War Council - 82%
Episode 2: Old Homes - 80%
Episode 3: Shadow Battles - 76%
Episode 4: Broken Mast - 71%
Episode 5: Last Spell - 76%
Episode 6: The River - 80%
Episode 7: For Love - 84%
Episode 8: End Times - 72%

Season 2 Overall Rating - 78% Fresh

Whereas season one of Castlevania felt too short with only four episodes, season two struggles to take full advantage of the eight episodes it had at its disposal. There are a lot of pointless, extremely surface level conversations, and it's quite obvious that some scenes were inserted purely to help fill the required episode length. However, the overall story is still interesting and the action sequences are downright fantastic. Season three has potential, but I'm keeping my expectations reserved.

House of Cards: Season 6 (2018)

Episode 1: Chapter 66 - 65%
Episode 2: Chapter 67 - 60%
Episode 3: Chapter 68 - 54%
Episode 4: Chapter 69 - 70%
Episode 5: Chapter 70 - 50%
Episode 6: Chapter 71 - 58%
Episode 7: Chapter 72 - 46%
Episode 8: Chapter 73 - 22%

Season 6 Overall Rating - 53% Rotten

The final season of House of Cards seems pointless and uninspired. The writing team does swing pretty big with Claire as the lead and goes for some storylines that they think will invoke the same level of interest in viewers as Frank did, but ultimately they fail spectacularly and at times the main storyline seems laughably bad. Not to mention that this has one of the worst finales of a show I've ever seen.

My DVD is pre-ordered. Can’t wait to receive it. Gonna miss Kevin Spacey, not gonna lie.

Shot in the Dark: Season 1 (2017)

Episode 1: The Hustle - 80%
Episode 2: Crash and Burn - 74%
Episode 3: Near Hits - 78%
Episode 4: Nice Package - 73%
Episode 5: String or Die - 70%
Episode 6: Dead of Night - 70%
Episode 7: Chasing Hell - 70%
Episode 8: S...storm - 74%

Season 1 Overall Rating - 74% Fresh

The concept of Shot in the Dark (following stringers around L.A.) is very cool as I didn't know a whole lot about them before this docuseries apart from the drama film Nightcrawler. The problem with this series is that a lot of what we're shown is very repetitive. There is a drama storyline between competing stringers that develops as the season goes on, but mainly what we see is them responding to crime scenes and filming, and really after a few episodes it seems like we're just seeing the exact same thing over and over again. But, this series is very well made from a production standpoint, and I am interested enough to see what they do with a second season if Netflix green lights it.

Homecoming: Season 1 (2018)
Platform: Amazon Prime

Episode 1: Mandatory - 84%
Episode 2: Pineapple - 86%
Episode 3: Optics - 81%
Episode 4: Redwood - 83%
Episode 5: Helping - 78%
Episode 6: Toys - 79%
Episode 7: Test - 88%
Episode 8: Protocol - 90%
Episode 9: Work - 83%
Episode 10: Stop - 92%

Overall Season 1 Rating - 84% Fresh

Distinctly a Sam Esmail show. If you like Mr. Robot, odds are you'll like Homecoming. It's a very interesting and somewhat mysterious story with a satisfying conclusion. Also it's shot in a very unique way, which kept me enthralled the entire time.

Orange is the New Black: Season 6 (2018)
Creator: Jenji Kohan

Episode 1: Who Knows Better Than I - 55%
Episode 2: S...storm Coming - 60%
Episode 3: Look Out for Number One - 68%
Episode 4: I'm Talking the Ass - 65%
Episode 5: Mischief Mischief - 70%
Episode 6: State of the Uterus - 71%
Episode 7: Changing Winds - 68%
Episode 8: Gordons - 72%
Episode 9: Break the String - 74%
Episode 10: Chocolate Chip Nookie - 76%
Episode 11: Well This Took a Dark Turn - 75%
Episode 12: Double Trouble - 74%
Episode 13: Be Free - 82%

Overall Season 6 Rating - 70% Fresh

There are times during season six of Orange is the New Black where it is the best the show has been in the past few seasons, and there are times during season six where it's easily the worst it has ever been. It's a mixed bag, basically, but the second half of the season largely makes up for the first half, and it sets up what should be a very interesting final season.

Never liked this show. Intensely disliked the pilot & didn’t believe in any of the characters. Especially the one who was supposed to be from the Bronx (or Brooklyn, can’t remember). Her accent was atrocious & she turned out to be Australian.

Never liked this show. Intensely disliked the pilot & didn’t believe in any of the characters. Especially the one who was supposed to be from the Bronx (or Brooklyn, can’t remember). Her accent was atrocious & she turned out to be Australian.
I liked maybe the first season or two, but ever since it had felt like a chore to watch. The new season is at least attempting to shake some stuff up, but half of the storylines are interesting and half of them seem like throwaways.

Star Wars: Resistance: Season 1 (2018)
Platform: Disney XD

Episode 1: The Recruit, Pt. 1 - 60%
Episode 2: The Recruit, Pt. 2 - 50%
Episode 3: The Triple Dark - 40%
Episode 4: Fuel for the Fire - 35%
Episode 5: The High Tower - 30%
Episode 6: The Children from Tehar - 38%
Episode 7: Signal from Sector Six - 31%
Episode 8: Synara's Score - 28%
Episode 9: The Platform Classic - 25%
Episode 10: Secrets and Holograms - 27%
Episode 11: Station Theta Black - 50%

There are two shows that I started in this thread that I have not finished (Star Wars: Resistance, and the new season of The Walking Dead), and those will continue to be updated in this thread. Any future series, though, will be covered in my 2019 thread.