The Walking Dead S9

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
TWD is quite good this season to be fair.

Loving the Negan stuff. Shame Maggie won't be reappearing this season. Was not happy about the mid season finale tho, good episode but bad choice

I was using the time jump as my jumping off point... but then watched more episodes On Demand.

WARNING: "Spoilers" spoilers below
So, it seemed like they might be taking the hokey route with talking walkers - it started to feel like Scooby Doo (and now that I think about it, the revelation in the last episode makes it even more like Scooby Doo - a mask is pulled off someone who's not really a monster)!

At one point, while theorizing, Eugene even touches on some of the things I've been saying about the brain - however he doesn't extrapolate that any trapped, submerged or otherwise immobilized walkers should have ceased to function long ago as their brains would have rotted out of their head without a regular supply of food (nutrients), potable water (hydration), oxygen and blood flow to deliver it these various necessities to the brain to stave off decomposition.

What does seem a logical evolution is the idea of weaponizing walkers - we saw early on how the living could blend in by covering themselves with walker guts, so it makes sense that someone would realize that by making a walker skin suit you could walk among them and maybe begin to herd them - which I assume is what's happening - someone's weaponizing herds and maneuvering them by walking among them.

Also, what's up Michonne's butt? Before the time jump she was writing a Constitution (or something) and living Carl's dream - now she's all sovereign reign & separatist (guess that's pointing to whatever happened between time jumps).

I also keep thinking (as I theorized before) that the government (somewhat as we know it) and the military would reestablish much quicker in reality - and soon they'd come upon these little outposts of survivors and it would basically be a situation like when Europeans took the land from Native Americans. The show's survivors, after building the communities, would be met by operatives telling them to pack up and move out as this land is being reclaimed by the government - they'd be told to assimilate into the new society or else there'd be trouble. Maybe that's where the show is leading (what with the helicopter and all).

I was using the time jump as my jumping off point... but then watched more episodes On Demand.

WARNING: "Spoilers" spoilers below
So, it seemed like they might be taking the hokey route with talking walkers - it started to feel like Scooby Doo (and now that I think about it, the revelation in the last episode makes it even more like Scooby Doo - a mask is pulled off someone who's not really a monster)!

At one point, while theorizing, Eugene even touches on some of the things I've been saying about the brain - however he doesn't extrapolate that any trapped, submerged or otherwise immobilized walkers should have ceased to function long ago as their brains would have rotted out of their head without a regular supply of food (nutrients), potable water (hydration), oxygen and blood flow to deliver it these various necessities to the brain to stave off decomposition.

What does seem a logical evolution is the idea of weaponizing walkers - we saw early on how the living could blend in by covering themselves with walker guts, so it makes sense that someone would realize that by making a walker skin suit you could walk among them and maybe begin to herd them - which I assume is what's happening - someone's weaponizing herds and maneuvering them by walking among them.

Also, what's up Michonne's butt? Before the time jump she was writing a Constitution (or something) and living Carl's dream - now she's all sovereign reign & separatist (guess that's pointing to whatever happened between time jumps).

I also keep thinking (as I theorized before) that the government (somewhat as we know it) and the military would reestablish much quicker in reality - and soon they'd come upon these little outposts of survivors and it would basically be a situation like when Europeans took the land from Native Americans. The show's survivors, after building the communities, would be met by operatives telling them to pack up and move out as this land is being reclaimed by the government - they'd be told to assimilate into the new society or else there'd be trouble. Maybe that's where the show is leading (what with the helicopter and all).
I'm guessing the stick up Michonne's butt is the same stick that made Maggie do a runner

the mid-season premiere (sounds so weird) was great! I'm so shocked at how much, Rick who?

Well, my favorite character is Judith Grimes, hands down. I especially loved when she made good on her promise to Negan and
WARNING: spoilers below
and took a shot at him and brought him off his motorcycle.
She's a great little actress. And as Doolallyfrank said, great episode!

Boldly going.
This show used to be my favourite show on TV, but now I'm just about done with it ... kinda wishing they'd wrap it up. I find my mind wandering as I'm watching and sometimes I just plain fall asleep. There's just too many other shows to choose from now (yay Netflix).

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Never finished last season and won't bother with this one, unfortunately.

Suspect's Reviews

@Doolallyfrank I've loved this season. The penultimate episode for this season was excellent. The conclusion was pretty harsh what with Alpha and the Whisperers
having beheaded all those folks, especially Enid, Tara, and Henry being the chief victims among them. I'll be honest---I was never a huge fan of Tara. I liked her all right but I could take or leave her. Enid was the only one I'll really miss. I liked her. I was sick to death of Henry, going off and getting into trouble all the time and really being responsible for bringing all this woe down on everybody. I'm glad to see him gone!
Too cruel? I don't think so.

I really do feel sorry for Lydia. She seems like a good person who was caught up in a situation she didn't want to be in. Now she has the good guys looking down on her and that's pretty rough. Good on Daryl for looking out for her...and for Carol and her bit of kindness towards her.

This season finale was good, with the winter storm hitting. I've always wanted to see zombies in the snow and I got my wish. The walkers
coming up from under the snow was pretty great, with some close calls. I enjoyed the smashing of the frozen walkers, who were still growling! That made me laugh.
But, by far, my favorite moment of the episode was Negan
running off into the storm to rescue Judith (and Dog). He really cares for that little girl. She doesn't cut him any slack and I think he really respects her. I was also laughing at him ribbing Father Gabriel, Rosita, Eugene, and Siddiq for being the romantic "quadrangle."
I know he's done evil in the past, but I like where I hope they're taking his character and I hope he keeps up with the ribbing and sarcasm. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a great actor.

So this season has got me truly stoked for S10. I look forward to each season because I don't deny being a WD homeboy, but after the events of this season, I can't wait for the next. And a special shout-out to Samantha Morton for being truly awesome as Alpha. It's pretty amazing that they got someone who is mainly a respected film star to appear on this show.

Negan will always be a highlight, I'm in awe every time he's on camera, without him episode 16 would've been boring. The head's were a different lineup to the comics, but
WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
Enid was definitely the big casualty in the series, I feel the same about Tara and Henry, just "meh"
, but it was done really well