Religion and morals

Tools    

Here's a curly one for @Beatle after some comments you made the other day in the astrology thread. What do you think?

I can go with this theory, I think. Will ruminate some more.
Yeah, you're on to me.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yeah, you're on to me.

I like it. Explains to me why the abrahamic books were so anti women. I never really understood that because we all spring from a woman. And isnt there a saying in the bible something like - he who calls his mother a fool deserves the fires of hell. ? But if #1 henchman was actually a henchwoman it pulls it all together IMO

Oh stop that

Werent the Beatles friends of Aleister Crowley? Also friends of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi? So where do you think their moral compass came from - religion, the occult, or interconnectivc\ity (I just made that word up. My transcendental meditation education is also rusty).
Well, then stop being so god deam sexy. No, I'll cut it, Dani. I know you're married. If your hubby won't kick my, you JUST might.

Yeah, Aleister "the great beast" Crowley, I think so, he was for sure on the cover of Sgt. Pepper's, and by John's choice, I think. From those, I'd pick the occult. John & Yoko were very much into astrology. I have some beliefs on John that I'd rather not say here.

Well, then stop being so god deam sexy. No, I'll cut it, Dani. I know you're married. If your hubby won't kick my, you JUST might.

Yeah, Aleister "the great beast" Crowley, I think so, he was for sure on the cover of Sgt. Pepper's, and by John's choice, I think. From those, I'd pick the occult. John & Yoko were very much into astrology. I have some beliefs on John that I'd rather not say here.
I dont use martial arts outside the dojo so you're safe, Beatley, unless someone tried to beat you up then I'd kick his ass.

You can pm me your beliefs on John if you like. I'm curious about all this stuff, the whole dice. I was a student of maharishi, and thought LaVey's bible made sense for what it was, but I'm still a heretic and probably always will be.

I like it. Explains to me why the abrahamic books were so anti women. I never really understood that because we all spring from a woman. And isnt there a saying in the bible something like - he who calls his mother a fool deserves the fires of hell. ? But if #1 henchman was actually a henchwoman it pulls it all together IMO
The Bible was much manipulated throughout history. That's why there are many contradictions. An eye for an eye and all that. If I'm not mistaken, at the 1st Vatican council, 325 AD (I think it was held somewhere in Greece though), the Roman emperor Constantine litterally changed a lot of it. I saw this in Da Vinci's code,too.

I dont use martial arts outside the dojo so you're safe, Beatley, unless someone tried to beat you up then I'd kick his ass.

You can pm me your beliefs on John if you like. I'm curious about all this stuff, the whole dice. I was a student of maharishi, and thought LaVey's bible made sense for what it was, but I'm still a heretic and probably always will be.
Oh, I have a new bodyguard.

ok, I'll PM you. It's not gonna be comfortable, though. Is that alright?

Oh, I have a new bodyguard.

ok, I'll PM you. It's not gonna be comfortable, though. Is that alright?

Yeah sure. I'm open minded to it.

Interesting thread! The speculation on the nature of Satan was surprising but interesting too.
I agree, CR. I had no idea about the connection between satan and venus.

I agree, CR. I had no idea about the connection between satan and venus.
In fact, according to my dad who's deeeeep in such stuff, masonery, the new world order, occult (he's also a heavy Christian) and especially the Second Coming, Satan (or the devil, one and the same) is not the same being as Lucifer. Lucifer is Venus.

And in The Omen (one of Cat's faves, I think) it is said that there's the evil analogy to The Holly Trinity. The devil (God), the antichrict (Jesus Christ), and the false prophet (The Holly Spirit). God/devil are transcendental, and we cannot (at least for now) directly experience them. Jesus/anti are very real. Spirit/false prophet are communicators.

This is an interesting thread to read. I'll do a quick chime in if you don't mind and say that I don't believe there's a man with a penis sitting on a cloud in the sky looking down on us, but I do believe that God is within most of us. Some people are just pure trash and there's nothing that can be done. I don't dare try and figure it out as to why some people are pure evil, they just are and sometimes you need to defend yourself if you cross paths. I'm not talking Bill Paxton Frailty type things, I don't even own a shovel, I just mean getting away from the evil as quickly as possible.

I'm comfortable using my Catholic upbringing as a loose guide on how to carry on with people. I think whoever wrote the Ten Commandments seemed to have a good thing going so I won't bother getting tedious if I don't have to. I have respect for anyone's worship of God and I do capitalize God even though I don't neccesarily tune in to church or some other traditions, even though I used to.

Evil seems to be either a mental or physical malfunction that is beyond a person's control, or it is a premeditated essence derived from an over intellectualization during life that drives someone insane. I say this because I have had visions of red many many times, so although I'm not experienced as being a purely evil person, I can certainly understand how the everyday bullsh!t can wear on somebody and tempt them to become a not so nice person.

I like to keep things simple. There are no rules that say I have to have strong convictions, and if I do, there still aren't any rules I'll pay any mind to that say I need to try and force my perspective onto another person unless they truly want me to tell them my thoughts, and even then I'd probably just say "let's just go get some lunch and talk about something else"...unless it was a hot looking blonde who promised to lay me if I spilled the beans, then I would make a bunch of stuff up that I thought sounded good and Holy and would claim my prize. Just kidding. I think humans have a serious imagination and they tie in nerves with labels like guilt, but somewhere there are the things called morals which are a personal guage on what to and what not to do. I suppose if I had been programmed differently at a younger age there might be a different person here typing now but I'm totally cool with my current brainwash and really, what more can I say?

This is an interesting thread to read. I'll do a quick chime in if you don't mind and say that I don't believe there's a man with a penis sitting on a cloud in the sky looking down on us, but I do believe that God is within most of us. Some people are just pure trash and there's nothing that can be done. I don't dare try and figure it out as to why some people are pure evil, they just are and sometimes you need to defend yourself if you cross paths. I'm not talking Bill Paxton Frailty type things, I don't even own a shovel, I just mean getting away from the evil as quickly as possible.

I'm comfortable using my Catholic upbringing as a loose guide on how to carry on with people. I think whoever wrote the Ten Commandments seemed to have a good thing going so I won't bother getting tedious if I don't have to. I have respect for anyone's worship of God and I do capitalize God even though I don't neccesarily tune in to church or some other traditions, even though I used to.

Evil seems to be either a mental or physical malfunction that is beyond a person's control, or it is a premeditated essence derived from an over intellectualization during life that drives someone insane. I say this because I have had visions of red many many times, so although I'm not experienced as being a purely evil person, I can certainly understand how the everyday bullsh!t can wear on somebody and tempt them to become a not so nice person.

I like to keep things simple. There are no rules that say I have to have strong convictions, and if I do, there still aren't any rules I'll pay any mind to that say I need to try and force my perspective onto another person unless they truly want me to tell them my thoughts, and even then I'd probably just say "let's just go get some lunch and talk about something else"...unless it was a hot looking blonde who promised to lay me if I spilled the beans, then I would make a bunch of stuff up that I thought sounded good and Holy and would claim my prize. Just kidding. I think humans have a serious imagination and they tie in nerves with labels like guilt, but somewhere there are the things called morals which are a personal guage on what to and what not to do. I suppose if I had been programmed differently at a younger age there might be a different person here typing now but I'm totally cool with my current brainwash and really, what more can I say?
I believe no one's pure evil. Except satan. You don't mean litteraly, right? I don't think getting away from evil is the way to do it. You have to fight it.

What does 'evil' even mean? I dont believe in supernatural forces so I just go with supremely effed up. Some people are. Saying they are evil hands them a victim card. Nup. Just effed up.

I believe no one's pure evil. Except satan. You don't mean litteraly, right? I don't think getting away from evil is the way to do it. You have to fight it.
Well, I believe in fighting the evil within oneself...don;t get me wrong, if someone tried to hurt my family or was sadistic towards me or someone defenseless, I'd consider sorting them out if I could, but I'm not sure I agree that I should be a crusader. I'm not perfect. I'm a selfish person who is trying to unwrap my head from my own ass and still be able to participate in conversation lol.

What does 'evil' even mean? I dont believe in supernatural forces so I just go with supremely effed up. Some people are. Saying they are evil hands them a victim card. Nup. Just effed up.
Well, backwards it means (a)live.

In all seriousness, I don't know. You can ask me that for anything. I don't know for anything what it means. Does anyone? Does anyone know anything? Or is it again just a question of belief? But then what does belief mean etc. You see my point? no? Good. It happened to me more than once that I've been taken to total absurd in conversation. It always ends that way. We're all just mumbling here cause we're enjoying it. At least I am.

Well, I believe in fighting the evil within oneself...don;t get me wrong, if someone tried to hurt my family or was sadistic towards me or someone defenseless, I'd consider sorting them out if I could, but I'm not sure I agree that I should be a crusader. I'm not perfect. I'm a selfish person who is trying to unwrap my head from my own ass and still be able to participate in conversation lol.
Appreciate your honesty, man.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
For someone who claims to have no faith, you do seem to ask a lot of faith based questions. Why is that?

For someone who claims to have no faith, you do seem to ask a lot of faith based questions. Why is that?
You told me I had faith and even told me to go relearn it. What faith? I'm a heretic. I'm asking because I am questioning, which is what heretics do. You're free to input your faith.