Animal stories, photos, movies, books. Feel good stuff.

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Omg perfect timing bop. O needed that. Thank yoi!

That's amazing - I wonder how these two lovable creatures met and got to be such great friends - wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it - I can't stop smiling. Thanks for posting. Hey @BoxOfficePoison - does your look a like cat do any special things you'd like to tell us about? ( Though just being a cat is special enough imho. )

You had to ask!

She was dropped off at the vet clinic as a stray (adult, but age unknown) and had just become the clinic cat when I started working there over 13 years ago. At the time, we had one of those ancient fax machines with the rolls of onion-skin paper. If a lab would fax us results overnight, half the time in the morning we'd come in to shredded, unreadable lab results all over the floor. (Always a great to have to call the lab and say, "Duh-huh, the cat ate our homework.")

Anyway, she and I hit it right off after I started, so when she got herself kicked out (apparently some little kid was holding her on his lap in the lobby, and in scrambling to get away she inadvertently scratched his leg and made him cry -- he didn't even lose any blood, the little wuss!) I was unanimously browbeaten into adopting her.

She liked our previous dog more than the dog liked her. When she wasn't waiting to ambush the dog, she was always trailing her around, to the dog's constant annoyance. And my wife and I both noticed the cat was more clingy for a little while after the dog died.

Anyway, she's still around, still a pain in the butt, and still looks the same at 15 or 16 or whatever. She sleeps a little more and doesn't jump quite as high as she used to, but so far no kidney issues, thyroid issues, diabetes, or other typical old-cat problems, so we're good.

This is an older picture:

Again, you HAD to ask!

Well I'm glad I did ask @BoxOfficePoison. These are the very kind of annoying antics that somehow make a cat all the more lovable! Shredding the fax paper, laying in stealthy wait to ambush the dog- lol- all adorable and endearing. And she has a very appealing face, feel like I could just stroll up and pet her. Or maybe - offer a package of computer paper as a plaything.

So anytime you have any more cat stories- bring 'em right here to me.

Btw did you mention her name?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Chester Zooo - baby elephant born 3 months overdue. Poor Mama!

Mama and Baby puppy doing well. Yay. Good work Chester zoo elephant enclosure workers.

So we did some 10 KM by Danube and saw old abandoned bunker and Leia met some old and new friends. Now we are pleasantly tired and having nice glass of red wine and posting pics

While climbing mount abu a hill station in india , we found these grey monkeys with black face called langurs . my girlfriend had a nice time feeding them peanuts and encouraging them to sit on her SUV .

Photos taken by myself---

Very cute monkeys with beautiful coloring. So I guess they are so used to people that they are semi tame?
I enjoy seeing these nature and wildlife pics. Especially from far off countries- I see deer and raccoons and occasionally wild turkeys on my nature walks - but no monkeys.

Very cute monkeys with beautiful coloring. So I guess they are so used to people that they are semi tame?
I enjoy seeing these nature and wildlife pics. Especially from far off countries- I see deer and raccoons and occasionally wild turkeys on my nature walks - but no monkeys.
yeah , people vacationing on these hill stations feed them bananas etc . so they are used to people .