Feud

Tools    

Judy Davis ROCKS.
That she does. Such an amazing actress.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
That she does. Such an amazing actress.
I know. I just love her.

Loving the art deco colour palette, and Warner's conniving. What a slime ball. And doesnt Jessica look absolutely stunning. Susan is utterly brilliant - ace casting decision.

Hooked, I say.

Just finished episode 1, which was FABULOUS!!! Learning a lot that I didn't know, like the fact that doing the film was pretty much Crawford's idea, but with stuff like this, you never know how much is actually factual, but as far as entertainment value is concerned, this baby is hitting a major bullseye...Lange, Sarandon, and Judy Davis are killing it...Davis had me on the floor during her little luncheon with the girls. Lange is bringing a sad, pathetic, and slightly insane quality to Crawford that totally works and in certain moments, Sarandon's resemblance to Davis uncanny...loved her first entrance on the set in her full Baby Jane look. And how funny was the awesome Stanley Tucci as Jack Warner? Looking forward to the rest...Ryan Murphy is a mad genius.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Just finished episode 3 myself, and it continues to get better.

Sarandon and Lange are imperative to this show working, and they make the two of them so human and authentic, and I never thought I'd ever sympathise with Joan Crawford, but it's difficult not to here. It is taking some liberties with the truth, but it's largely faithful. Crawford did wear weights in the scene where Davis had to drag her, and Davis did kick Crawford in the head. Davis also did install a Coca-Cola machine on the set as well

Judy Davis rocked it as Hedda Hopper again this week. She's one of the most interesting characters on the show, which says something when it revolves around Bette Davis and Joan Crawford.

Also though, I'm not really finding the show funny. It is a bit camp, and I did laugh at the "**** off, Sylvia" scene, but I think it's trying to be more of a faithful, love letter to the two of them. I don't think it wants to make them funny at all, and I think it is trying to make a relevant and serious point about sexism and ageism. This episode really was quite tragic towards the end as well, utterly superb!

I dont think it makes them funny either, although I did laugh when the weights fell out because I remember that from the bio. I'm not sure about the other viewers but I;m actually getting the impression they were inlove with each other. The rivalry is exhausting to watch, and the sexism and ageism is mindblowing as is the dreadful manipulation by Warner. Yeah some funny moments in amongst the catfight but I agree, I dont think Murphy is even making this as darkly humourous as AHS.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I dont think it makes them funny either, although I did laugh when the weights fell out because I remember that from the bio. I'm not sure about the other viewers but I;m actually getting the impression they were inlove with each other. The rivalry is exhausting to watch, and the sexism and ageism is mindblowing as is the dreadful manipulation by Warner. Yeah some funny moments in amongst the catfight but I agree, I dont think Murphy is even making this as darkly humourous as AHS.
Well one of the many reasons Joan didn't like Bette was because, apparently, Bette rejected Joan's advances (Joan was apparently bi-sexual).

Well one of the many reasons Joan didn't like Bette was because, apparently, Bette rejected Joan's advances (Joan was apparently bi-sexual).
Hmppp. I dont remember that from the bio. When the season ends I'll read it again. Thanks for that. I just remember her being a well known seductress (probably because she was so insanely insecure). She invited Kirk Douglas over one night and from memory, either he saw by accident or she showed him the daughters tied to the bed so she could get hot and heavy. He stormed off yelling about what she could do with her come ef me shoes.

Trailer for next week.

One thing Murphy always gets right, and his only other work I've seen is AHS, is sets, colour and wardrobe. I'll add music as well.

Just finished ep 2, just as deliciously entertaining as the pilot...had no idea Warner and Aldrich were pouring gas on this feud during production nor had I any idea that Aldrich was totally playing these two women as it's presented here. Very impressed with Alfred Molina, who is holding his own against these two acting powerhouses and Jessica Lange...OMG, Jessica Lange, the woman is giving me chills.

had no idea Warner and Aldrich were pouring gas on these feud during production nor had I any idea that Aldrich was totally playing these two women as it's presented here.
Isnt it despicable. I love how scared the men get every time the two gals walk out together laughing.

Yeah the acting is fab.

Isnt it despicable. I love how scared the men get every time the two gals walk out together laughing.

Yeah the acting is fab.
I love how one woman gets scared every time they see the other talking and laughing with Bob Aldrich.

I love how one woman gets scared every time they see the other talking and laughing with Bob Aldrich.
LOL. And the sneaking away to see him. What a ghastly environment. Have male actors ever got up to this kind of feud?

LOL. And the sneaking away to see him. What a ghastly environment. Have male actors ever got up to this kind of feud?
I don't think anything as intense as what happened between Davis and Crawford...I've heard of a few conflicts between male co-stars. One I learned about for the first time on this site was that apparently Bill Murray and Richard Dreyfuss didn't get along at all during What About Bob?, which was kind of upsetting cause I loved that movie. As for male-female, it's been well-documented that Barbra Streisand and Walter Matthau did not get along at all during the filming of Hello Dolly! and, again, Bill Murray had problems with Lucy Lieu during Charlie's Angels and that's why he didn't appear in the sequel. Bernie Mac replaced him in Full Throttle.

I don't think anything as intense as what happened between Davis and Crawford...I've heard of a few conflicts between male co-stars. One I learned about for the first time on this site was that apparently Bill Murray and Richard Dreyfuss didn't get along at all during What About Bob?, which was kind of upsetting cause I loved that movie. As for male-female, it's been well-documented that Barbra Streisand and Walter Matthau did not get along at all during the filming of Hello Dolly! and, again, Bill Murray had problems with Lucy Lieu during Charlie's Angels and that's why he didn't appear in the sequel. Bernie Mac replaced him in Full Throttle.
I think men tend to have a punch up, whether physical or verbal, then got on with things.

I have decided that this is my next heavily rewatched show. I'm already ready to rewatch the first 3.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I have decided that this is my next heavily rewatched show. I'm already ready to rewatch the first 3.
I adore it, I haven't been so captivated by a show since Black Mirror!

Me and Mama CiCi are gonna watch some episodes together when I go home, so I'll be rewatching the first 3 and a couple more several times

I adore it, I haven't been so captivated by a show since Black Mirror!

Me and Mama CiCi are gonna watch some episodes together when I go home, so I'll be rewatching the first 3 and a couple more several times
I started black mirror when it was recommended to me by buddies on AHS board, but I kind of freaked out in the first episode of the current season with the girl obsessed with the like function. I managed to see 3 episodes but then dropped it. I think there was a pedo episode? Turned me off a bit.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I started black mirror when it was recommended to me by buddies on AHS board, but I kind of freaked out in the first episode of the current season with the girl obsessed with the like function. I managed to see 3 episodes but then dropped it. I think there was a pedo episode? Turned me off a bit.
Watch San Junipero, totally different from any other episode in the series and one of the best TV episodes I've ever seen!

Yeah, one episode does, but that episode was another highlight for me. The ending was superb.

Watch San Junipero, totally different from any other episode in the series and one of the best TV episodes I've ever seen!

Yeah, one episode does, but that episode was another highlight for me. The ending was superb.
I think I blanked it out. I dont like rock spiders. The social media one freaked me out because I saw it just after my niece posted a photo at a birthday party and every kid there was glued to their phone.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I think I blanked it out. I dont like rock spiders. The social media one freaked me out because I saw it just after my niece posted a photo at a birthday party and every kid there was glued to their phone.
San Junipero isn't the one about spiders

And yeah, that episode was awfully poignant and relevant to today.

Also, I've been reading up about Joan's childhood after she said she lost her virginity at 11 in the latest episode, and apparently it had always been heavily rumoured that she had been sexually abused as a child. God, I feel awful for the woman now, even if that hadn't been the case, her childhood sounds sh!tty to say the least.