Feud

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
@CiCi in here.

Trailer and teasers. LOL when she kicks Crawford in the head. Holy hell doesnt Sarandon look like Baby Jane!

https://filmink.com.au/reviews/feud/

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch

This show is my life at the minute, I thought it was going to be a campy bitchfest, but it's wonderful. Perfect balance of comedy and tragedy.

Judy Davis as Hedda Hopper is definitely one of the highlights for me as well. Although Sarandon and Lange are superb too!

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Season 2 will revolve around Charles and Diana as well, can't see that one working anywhere near as well as Bette vs Joan though, but we'll see.

If it goes wrong, expect the British press to crucify all those involved

This show is my life at the minute, I thought it was going to be a campy bitchfest, but it's wonderful. Perfect balance of comedy and tragedy.

Judy Davis as Hedda Hopper is definitely one of the highlights for me as well. Although Sarandon and Lange are superb too!
Yeh she really grabbed my attention in the teaser. I'll probably see the first couple of eps tonight. Thanks so much for mentioning this because I'd forgotten how soon it was starting. Still laughing at that head kick 'I hardly touched her' LOL.

Season 2 will revolve around Charles and Diana as well, can't see that one working anywhere near as well as Bette vs Joan though, but we'll see.

If it goes wrong, expect the British press to crucify all those involved
Not sure if I'm too impressed with that one. I got sick of those two, and I wonder what Charles and Camilla will think of their dirty laundry being dragged through the public arena again. They've been very dignified with their quiet existence since.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
To be honest, it's not like anyone has forgotten about it at all. People don't want him to become King because of that mess, but they'll probably dismiss it or ignore it.

I actually dont care about the screwing around. I probably have a more euro attitude to affairs - sht happens and it was a miserable upbringing then being forced into a loveless marriage. If the monarchy doesnt disband, which it probably wont, I'd like to see the young ones breath fresh life into it. I dont think Chuck wants to be king anyway. Did you watch The Crown?

Utterly brilliant. 2 of my bros raved about it and I had no love for the royal family so watched the pilot just to shut them up. I also wanted to see why it was the most expensive show ever made. Absolutely hooked, and it changed my attitude towards Liz and Fog. The acting IMO is outstanding, and the sets and wardrobe are drool worthy.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Utterly brilliant. 2 of my bros raved about it and I had no love for the royal family so watched the pilot just to shut them up. I also wanted to see why it was the most expensive show ever made. Absolutely hooked, and it changed my attitude towards Liz and Fog. The acting IMO is outstanding, and the sets and wardrobe are drool worthy.
Yeah, I'm not too fussed about them, although I don't want them removed either, but I never knew it was the most expensive show ever made
Ooh, I'll definitely have to check it out now!

Ooh yeah. I'm coming back in my next life as a tv producer. Monopoly money

http://www.businessinsider.com/netfl...r-2016-11?IR=T

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I never knew Stephen Daldry was involved, I have a soft spot for him, Billy Elliot being shot near my home and all

But yeah, that is a hell of a lot of money o.O

That was really good. I didnt realise you were a brit.

I'm hijacking my own thread but I'll rehijack bck to Feud...Liz is portrayed (so well by Claire Foy) as quite joyless and serious whereas Mrgaret is the feisty live wire sex kitten (which I was told by someone who knew them in Kenya as true. There is a scene in a later episode (not spoilery but keep your ears out for it because I missed it the first time) where she and Fog are in the bedroom and he;s all dressed up in his frippery not realising a state banquet has been cancelled. He suggests to her 'we can just sit here and talk...or you can get on your knees' and she gives him an evil grin. You dirty dogs. God, I laughed so hard. Made her so real in that moment, not just a little doll with a crown.

Have you seen the infamous scene when Bette and Joan are both driving off the lot and they have a mexican stand off at the gate? Hilarious.

Here tis, and it's entering not leaving. I thought they were going to use this retro colour grading

http://www.justjared.com/2017/01/23/...easer-trailer/

You re my new fave poster!

I watched the pilot. Amazing.

I've been watching it on iTunes.
I, also, had reservations about it and thought it would be too campy, but it is not. Both Sarandon and Lange are great in it. Sarandon's likeness to Davis is uncanny. It is interesting though that neither of them is trying to mimic the real people they are playing (at least it seems like that to me). I actually do not mind it at all.

Judy Davis, as mentioned, is amazing as well.

Catherine Zeta Jones as Olivia De Havilland on the other hand is horrible. She is really stinking up the screen IMO. She basically plays herself with a horrible blonde wig.

I will also add that Alfred Molina as Aldrich is great as well. People are raving about Stanley Tucci as Jack Warner, but I think his performance seems a bit forced and unnatural to me. Tucci is still great and all, but it seems he is the one that is pushing this show towards the "campy" category stronger than any actress on the show.

@d_chatterley you probably remember from the ahs board that when zeta jones' casting announcement was made I said something like you have got to be kidding me!.

@d_chatterley you probably remember from the ahs board that when zeta jones' casting announcement was made I said something like you have got to be kidding me!.
I do remember you saying it . Seriously, she is horrible. I think what doesn't help is that there are so many clips and interviews with Olivia that it becomes painfully obvious how bad of a job she does portraying her. I could forgive her not having the likeness of Olivia or mannerisms, but she just seems totally insincere playing her.

Not sure if this is geo blocked for you or not but check out the beginning of this interview for a clip of her playing de Havilland:

PS. Can you believe Olivia de Havilland is still alive and 100yrs old?? I watched a few recent interviews with her on youtube and she is still as sharp as a tack.

I've never liked her, D.

Love Hedda saying there's no dessert because she already has diabetes LOL. Judy Davis ROCKS.