American Gods

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
That would be a great tv show as well!
They did a miniseries of that book years ago. Although parts of it were well cast (Gary Sinise, in particular), other parts were a hot mess. (Whoever they cast as Flagg was terrible and not at all scary or intimidating.) It's one of those books that shouldn't have been made into anything visual until probably now, when the technology can better do it justice.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
The opening bit with the Vikings was great fun, too.

Hooley dooley that took me totally by surprise. Sean Bean eat your heart out.

Back to the sex scene, were any of you totally unsettled by how quiet it was? I thought that was very clever.

They did a miniseries of that book years ago. Although parts of it were well cast (Gary Sinise, in particular), other parts were a hot mess. (Whoever they cast as Flagg was terrible and not at all scary or intimidating.) It's one of those books that shouldn't have been made into anything visual until probably now, when the technology can better do it justice.
Aye that miniseries was messy but I agree with you about Gary Sinise. there's a great series in there if it's treated properly. It's an epic book, a proper page turner.

This might just do nobody any good.
Whole new meaning (well, maybe not that new) to the stargate.

Whole new meaning (well, maybe not that new) to the stargate.
I like that both showrunners let their demented imaginations run so wild to the point where they look at each other and say - we've got to pull it back. LOL.

I don't mean to sound insensitive but, holy hell, I didn't know Cloris Leachman was still alive.

She's McShane level perfect for her role. Stormare is always welcomed as well.

I don't mean to sound insensitive but, holy hell, I didn't know Cloris Leachman was still alive.

She's McShane level perfect for her role. Stormare is always welcomed as well.
I dont know who she is but lots of love for Stomare. They both have such characterful faces

Never seen Young Frankenstein?

Oh wow. Thanks Saunchy.

I havent seen it all yet - watched BCS instead, but there's one for the books. Starz went the extra mile which gave me a huge surprise

WARNING: spoilers below
an erect peenie
How can they get away with that on tv, even on starz or HBO?

I sadly got a bit bored. As much as I loved the Euro arc of Hannibal with it's arthaus feel, I thought it was a signature of that storyline. Not so. Bryan looks to be inlove with it. Slow mo rain to the backdrop of Reitzell's sad music. I half expected to see macro shots of snails humping.

Stomare is so good in this.

Orange and teal - the bain of my life but here it's done right.

Cute Wizard of Oz reference at the beginning, Bryan. Maybe too cute.

Nice to see Jimmy Price show up as well, albeit briefly. Did Neil Marshall direct this episode? If so, neat call back to The Descent.

Hopefully he isn't the only Hannibal alum to show up. I mentioned elsewhere that there is a spot near the end that's just begging for a Mads cameo.

Funny thing about his appearance, he mentioned The Program, 12 steps. I recently watched Andrew Garfield talk about his prep for the movie Silence and he mentioned the Jesuit practices becoming the basis for all rehabilitation programs. Surrendering yourself to a higher power and all (maybe surrender isn't the most sensitive word). I found that funny and fitting. We can find God (or a god) in the basis of everything.

I do hope we can see a meeting between the many Jesuses of America.

Cute Wizard of Oz reference at the beginning, Bryan. Maybe too cute.

Nice to see Jimmy Price show up as well, albeit briefly. Did Neil Marshall direct this episode? If so, neat call back to The Descent.

Hopefully he isn't the only Hannibal alum to show up. I mentioned elsewhere that there is a spot near the end that's just begging for a Mads cameo..
David Slade.

Gillian Anderson
Jeremy Davies
Jonathon Tucker
Kristin Chenoweth (not Hannibal but Pushing Daisies)

I didnt see Jimmy/Scott. Who was he, Saunchy?

If Madly has been cast everyone is being very tight lipped about it.

I'm not getting this show. Perhaps this is one where it;s important to read the book first.

Lovely gay sex romp. If IMDB were alive today the internet would have imploded with rage, Hollywood gay agendas, and shoving things down one's throaties.

I'm sure it's imploding elsewhere.

Btw, Fuller reportedly had the sex scene reshot because the original was "not gay enough".

I'm sure it's imploding elsewhere.

Btw, Fuller reportedly had the sex scene reshot because the original was "not gay enough".
LOL That's my Bryan.

LMAO Saunchy. Heads are spinning a la the exorcist on fb.