Waiting for Baseball

Tools    

This is the time of year where there's a lot of trading and deal-making going on in Major League Baseball. Congratulations to Powdered Water as his Seattle Mariners have now got Edwin Encarnacion, Cleveland getting back Carlos Santana. It's a 3 way trade involving the Tampa Bay Ray's, but as it always is with the Rays, who they give up and who they are getting is nobody anyone has heard of.

This is the time of year where there's a lot of trading and deal-making going on in Major League Baseball. Congratulations to Powdered Water as his Seattle Mariners have now got Edwin Encarnacion, Cleveland getting back Carlos Santana. It's a 3 way trade involving the Tampa Bay Ray's, but as it always is with the Rays, who they give up and who they are getting is nobody anyone has heard of.
Forget those crap teams.

Forget those crap teams.

swallows a little vomit I think Boston had built up their karma over a century to where they could win the World Series in bunches. I had a strong feeling they were going to the World Series before the All-Star break because their pitching rotation was silly ridiculous.

Our pitching? The Rays spent 30 million dollars and got Charlie Morton for two years. You think that's a bad investment? You're damn right it is. Joe Maddon wept.

Morton's gotten pretty good. I think the bigger issue is, you're paying him so he kinda has to be, when the money's probably better spent finding whoever this year's Morton is. Of course, if he pitches as well the next two years as he did the last year or so, it'll still be a great deal.

Anyway, yeah, I'm counting the days, too, for both baseball and softball. Might not be too long, there's usually a warm day in mid-February where we can get some practice in. Here's hoping!

Anyway, yeah, I'm counting the days, too, for both baseball and softball. Might not be too long, there's usually a warm day in mid-February where we can get some practice in. Here's hoping!
You still slugging well? I remember you saying the first year you had a powerful stick cuz he had the sense to use your torso. Can't remember how fast they throw the ball to you though. I'm sure the pitching is getting harder to hit each year as the pictures develop also.

Yeah I hope both Morton & Glasgow (former Bucs) keep going strong.

You still slugging well?
Pretty well. My offense took a dip this past year, though. I was doing this pretty intense esports thing throughout the spring and summer, and went on a huge hot streak when it ended in the fall, so my focus was probably split.

Also need to start lifting. My biggest power numbers came the year after I made a point to lift weights in the offseason, though, and I've kinda been coasting on that, with steadily lower power numbers each year since. But after a few years of that, it's obvious it's not a fluke and I've probably given back a lot of that strength, so I'm going at it again this offseason, but harder. Guess it'll just require more maintenance.

Can't remember how fast they throw the ball to you though.
It's just slow-pitch. The rule says it has to arc between six and 12 feet, I think, though it's not generally enforced unless it's extreme. We actually probably lost a championship game because the pitcher was throwing borderline fastpitch and the ump just didn't want to call it. Really threw off our timing.

Yeah I hope both Morton & Glasgow (former Bucs) keep going strong.
Yeah, kinda worried Glasnow's going to haunt us the way Morton kinda has already. Our team is pretty darn good at pitcher reclamation projects and squeezing good results out of bargain bin guys, but we haven't been able to turn out most talented prospects into major contributors and we still have way too many guys finding success after they leave. Bleh.

Also need to start lifting. My biggest power numbers came the year after I made a point to lift weights in the offseason, though, and I've kinda been coasting on that, with steadily lower power numbers each year since. But after a few years of that, it's obvious it's not a fluke and I've probably given back a lot of that strength, so I'm going at it again this offseason, but harder. Guess it'll just require more maintenance.
The weightlifting definitely is a benefit, I know just from Longoria watching him and his size and power decline from when he first started because he took up with yoga (no weightlifting) and his numbers never had been the same since.

Someone I knew played baseball and he said the best ball he ever played was when he didn't have a girlfriend. So focus yeah definitely definitely makes a difference. Baseball is more like golf than what people know.

You guys want any of this? The 2017 season, our common memory of that, I don't care to flush it quite yet.

You guys want any of this? The 2017 season, our common memory of that, I don't care to flush it quite yet.
Well bring yo' ass back into the league Son, comegetyorselfsum!

Seriously, the more active members the better. I think Fantasy Baseball has overtaken Fantasy Football around here.

Nelson Cruz is going to play for the Minnesota Twins on a one year contract. Darn, there was serious talk of the Ray's going for him. I guess we'll go get Bryce Harper instead.

https://www.mlb.com/news/nelson-cruz...?tid=282421090

I wouldn't want Machado or Harper on my team.
Why? The Ray's will NEVER be able to land anyone with those price tags, and Machado will probably go to the Yankees. Wouldn't you want them with your team rather than against your team?

I think he's saying he doesn't like their attitudes.

Regardless of attitude, Harper's not going to be worth whatever he gets, I don't think. He's gonna want money as if his 2015 was the norm, rather than exception.

Regardless of attitude, Harper's not going to be worth whatever he gets, I don't think. He's gonna want money as if his 2015 was the norm, rather than exception.
Oh attitudes, yeah that makes sense. Your right about Harper not being worth what he's asking, nor would Babe Ruth be either.

All of this and also in regards to Harper, if he were to go to the American League, there's a long list of disappointing players after they move over from the NL.

All of this and also in regards to Harper, if he were to go to the American League, there's a long list of disappointing players after they move over from the NL.
I remember that brutal slump Albert Pujols went through when he came to the Angels. I think he had one maybe two good years so far in L.A. just with hitting. There does seem to be hitters improving when they go over to the National League compared to improving when to come over to the American. I notice American league pitchers mostly flourish going over to the National League, but not the other way around. He has improved tremendously but I'm very nervous about Charlie Morton coming over to the American League Ray's.

I remember that brutal slump Albert Pujols went through when he came to the Angels. I think he had one maybe two good years so far in L.A. just with hitting. There does seem to be hitters improving when they go over to the National League compared to improving when to come over to the American. I notice American league pitchers mostly flourish going over to the National League, but not the other way around. He has improved tremendously but I'm very nervous about Charlie Morton coming over to the American League Ray's.
It's such a weird thing and I have no idea the reasons behind it. For some players there's also a problem going from a small market to a large competitive market, although that's not an issue for the Rays.

It's such a weird thing and I have no idea the reasons behind it. For some players there's also a problem going from a small market to a large competitive market, although that's not an issue for the Rays.
No kidding lol, with Maddon gone idk if the Ray's ever will win a world series. Unrelated, but I think if the Lightning can win the Stanley Cup, Buccaneers win the Super Bowl , then the Ray's could win it all sometime. The Bucs & Lightning weren't in the A.L. East though.