Surprising Celebrity Relations

Tools    

I always thought that Keith Coogan was somehow related to Billy Mumy since they look so much alike (to me). I just did some digging and see that I was mistaken.

Bill Mumy,

though has been much busier than I imagined since his Little Googie (Munsters) and Lost in Space days, check his resume at IMDB.

Also, interesting to note, Bill's daughter,
Liliana Mumy

has been busy herself establishing a Hollywood resume. You've likely seen her in both Cheaper by the Dozen installments of late as well as in Santa Clause 2 with Tim Allen.

And speaking of Chicago families, not a surprising group but for the record I give you the Murray brothers: Bill Murray, Brian Doyle-Murray (Caddyshack, Modern Problems, Cabin Boy), Joel Murray ("Dharma & Greg", One Crazy Summer, "Mad Men") and John Murray (Moving Violations). The only movie to feature all four of them is Scrooged (though not all in the same scene), and they did all have a brief four-episode series on Comedy Central a couple years ago about golf called "The Sweet Spot". The Murrays have five other brothers and sisters (yes, you did the math correctly: that makes NINE of 'em) who are not in showbiz.

And if you've ever wondered why Brian uses the hyphenated Doyle-Murray instead of Murray like his younger brothers, there was already a Brian Murray in Actor's Equity when he first got his SAG card, and the guild has pretty strict rules about not doubling up on professional monikers. This has forced many actors and actresses to change their names over the years, or at least to use a middle name or initial. Brian chose to go with Doyle-Murray, as Doyle is his Grandmother's maiden name.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

And another that I take for granted people know, the Hustons! Legendary writer/director/actor John Huston's father, Walter Huston, was a distinguished and successful actor (Dodsworth, The Devil & Daniel Webster, Duel in the Sun) who near the end of his career was given the role of his life and earned an Oscar (after three previous nominations) in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. And surely everybody knows Anjelica Huston is John's daughter, especially since at the end of his own career he guided her to an Oscar for her work in Prizzi's Honor. The one that some might not have caught onto yet is Danny Huston, also John's son (though only half-brother to Anjelica). Danny has been working a lot in recent years, including The Proposition, The Constant Gardener, Children of Men and currently one of the lead vampires in 30 Days of Night.

• Papa John Phillips of '60s folk group The Mamas & the Papas, his daughter is Mackenzie Phillips (American Graffiti, "One Day at a Time"). Michelle Phillips, also of the Mamas & Papas, John's wife for a time and later an actress ("Falcon Crest", Let it Ride), is not Mackenzie's mother. John and Michelle did have a daughter together who is a singer/actress, and that's Chynna Phillips, one-third of the pop group Wilson-Phillips. And Chynna is married to Billy Baldwin, so their daughter Jamison (still only seven-years-old, not yet an actress or singer but stay tuned) is a Baldwin-Phillips. Another one of John Phillips' kids, though by a different mother than Mackenzie, is model/singer/actress Bijou Phillips.

Mamas and Papas indeed.
  • Nancy McKeon, Jo on the long-running sitcom "The Facts of Life", is the younger sister of Philip McKeon, who was Tommy on the long-running sitcom "Alice".
  • Justine Bateman from the '80s hit "Family Ties" is the older sister of Jason Bateman, who was in '80s sitcoms like "Valarie"/"The Hogan Family" and Teen Wolf Too as a young actor, but is enjoying a much more successful second career now, thanks to the wonderful and sadly short-lived "Arrested Development". Toward the end of that series Justine had a great role as somebody Jason's character was sure was his long-lost secret sister, but she was only a high-class prostitute...who kept trying to get him into bed.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Phillips Bateman.jpg
Views:	2892
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	17363  

Originally Posted by hippinhippie
Laura Dern the daughter of Bruce Dern.

Yup. And of course she's the daughter of Diane Ladd (Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Something Wicked This Way Comes). Diane Ladd has two Oscar nominations in movies she did with her daughter, Rambling Rose and Wild at Heart. The dual nominations Diane and Laura received for Rambling Rose was the first time a mother and daughter both got Oscar nods in the same film (though neither won: Mercedes Ruehl got Supporting for The Fisher King and Jodie Foster got Actress for Silence of the Lambs).

Attachments

Name:	Dern.jpg
Views:	2252
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	17364  

The Melanie Griffith/Tippi Hedren relation surprised me the most...

But nothing could surprise me more than what I heard last night. In the world of politics, apparently Dick Cheney and Barack Obama are eighth cousins!

Originally Posted by SexyCeleb
But nothing could surprise me more than what I heard last night. In the world of politics, apparently Dick Cheney and Barack Obama are eighth cousins!
Yeah, that was revealed a few weeks ago, leaving Obama to quip on "The Tonight Show" shortly after, "But I don't want to be invited to the family hunting party."

These are all pretty well common knowledge (or should be), but I'll list them anyway, just to get them out of the way...

• "Bewitched" star Elizabeth Montgomery is the daughter of '30s and '40s actor Robert Montgomery (Here Comes Mr. Jordan, Lady in the Lake).
  • It shouldn't be much of a secret that Goldie Hawn's daughter is Kate Hudson (Almost Famous). But as should be clear from the last name, she is not the daughter of Goldie's longtime companion Kurt Russell. No, Kate is the daughter of Bill Hudson, who was married to Goldie from 1976-1979. Bill was part of the '70s pop/rock group The Hudson Brothers with siblings Brett and Mark. They had a few radio hits, the biggest being "So You Are a Star" which got as high as #21 on the 1974 Billboard charts. They even had a short-lived variety show on CBS in the '74/'75 season (it was the 1970s; everybody got their own variety show). Their last grasp at fame came with the 1983 would-be comedy spoof Hysterical, which hoped to do for horror movies what Airplane! did for disaster movies. It didn't.
  • Jennifer Grey (Dirty Dancing, Ferris Bueller's Day Off) is the daughter of Oscar-winner and Broadway legend Joel Grey (Cabaret). He never put Baby in the corner. Probably quite a few times she had a booth at Sardi's, but never just a plain old corner, and certainly never told she couldn't dance.
  • Adam Arkin ("Chicago Hope", "Northern Exposure") is the son of Oscar-winner Alan Arkin (The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, Little Miss Sunshine). The only movies to really feature both of them are two dogs from 1981, Full Moon High and Chu Chu and the Philly Flash.
  • Director/writer/producer/sometimes actor Garry Marshall ("Happy Days", Pretty Woman, Lost in America) is the brother of director/former actress Penny Marshall ("Laverne & Shirley", Big, A League of Their Own).
  • Penny's ex-husband actor/writer/director Rob Reiner ("All in the Family", This is Spinal Tap, When Harry Met Sally...) is the son of the great actor/writer/director Carl Reiner ("Your Show of Shows", "The Dick Van Dyke Show", The Jerk, Ocean's Eleven).
  • TV icon and Oscar-winning director Ron "Opie Cunningham" Howard puts brother Clint Howard in just about all of his movies, at least in cameo roles. Although he never enjoyed the success of an "Andy Griffith Show" or "Happy Days", Clint too was a child actor, starring in "Gentle Ben" and a memorable guest spot on the original "Star Trek". I believe Clint has been in all of the movies Ron has directed save for A Beautiful Mind and The Da Vinci Code. He's also become a bit of a cult figure and appears in modern B-movies. Their Dad, Rance Howard, is a character actor who in addition to many of Ron's movies has done bit parts in flicks from filmmakers like Roman Polanski, Peter Weir, Tim Burton, Joe Dante, Rob Reiner and Gus Van Sant.
Attachments

Name:	Montgomery.jpg
Views:	3060
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	17378   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reiner.jpg
Views:	2195
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	17379  

Rob and Chad Lowe are brothers. Rob has acted in 80s teen movies, and is currently on TV in Brothers and Sisters. Chad played a young man with AIDS on TVs Life Goes On, and was married to Hillary Swank until recently.

I am half agony, half hope.
Prolific actors Patty Duke of Helen Keller and John Astin of The Addams Family had children Sean Astin of Rudy and Lord of the Rings fame, and Mackenzie Astin, who's been in movies and on TV. John adopted Sean when he was a child, his biological dad is Michael Tell.

Johann von Goethe

Angelina Jolie

Daughter Of:

Daughter Of: Marcheline Bertrand(Sorry No Photo)

Niece Of: Chip Taylor writer of "Wild Thing" (Sorry No Photo)

God Daughter Of: Jacqueline Bisset

Relationship & Children with: Brad Pitt

Writer/director Rebecca Miller (Personal Velocity, The Balld of Jack & Rose) is the daughter of the great American playwright Arthur Miller (Death of a Salesman, The Crucible). Rebecca met her husband, Daniel Day-Lewis, on the 1996 movie version of The Crucible, the screenplay of which Arthur had adapted himself. Rebecca's mother is photographer Inge Morath, Arthur's third wife, who he met when she came to take pictures of just-divorced wife Marilyn Monroe on the set of The Misfits. Arthur's sister is actress Joan Copeland, who has worked steadily mostly in television starting in the late 1950s on everything from "One Life to Live" to "Law & Order".

Attachments

Name:	Miller.jpg
Views:	2300
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	17365   Click image for larger version

Name:	monroe miller.jpg
Views:	3550
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	17366  

There can be little doubt that anyone has managed to escape Disney's latest kid show/marketing blitzkreig that is, in all its glorious splendor, Hannah Montana. I happen to have a daughter who is in the demographic and man is she nuts for this show. Hannah Montana though is not only a hit tv show, but a concert attraction that has outsold nearly everything in the past. At the Houston rodeo this year, Hannah Montana had the highest grossing sales of any act in the past and believe me when I tell you that this is an accomplishment considering Garth Brooks, ZZ Top, and similar big name acts have performed at the rodeo.

So, Hannah Montana is played by one Miley Cyrus. Miley plays dual roles in the show as Hannah and as herself which is the hook of the show. She lives a double life as a regular kid and as a teen queen popstar. Anyways, enough of that.

Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana:

is the daughter of one time recording superstar Billy Ray Cyrus (he of the Achy Breaky Heart):

More interesting to note though is that Miley's co star, Emily Osment:

is the little sister of box office powerhouse Haley Joel Osment:

Both are the kids of Eugene Osment (far left):

who has appeared in relatively minor roles in Secondhand Lions, Minority Report, Artificial Intelligence AI, Pay it Forward and Baby Geniuses.

There, all you never wanted to know about Hannah Montana.

Put me in your pocket...
At the Houston rodeo this year, Hannah Montana had the highest grossing sales of any act in the past and believe me when I tell you that this is an accomplishment considering Garth Brooks, ZZ Top, and similar big name acts have performed at the rodeo.
On a getting off track side note...
It's funny you mentioned Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana...there was big article on her and web scalping boosting ticket prices. If you're interested go here...
http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/n...-tickets_N.htm

In a side bar from USA Today...
The average resale ticket price per ticket among current top draws:
Miley Cyrus/ Hannah Montana: $249
Bon Jovi: $244
Bruce Springsteen: $228
Van Halen: $215
The Police: $210
Garth Brooks: $158
Dave Matthews Band: $138
Source: StubHub
Pretty amazing for a girl of 14.

Anyhooo...back on topic...
Fortunately, my daughter's not into Hannah Montana so I didn't know Billy Ray Cyrus was her dad. Cool.

You just reminded me of Liv Tyler and Steven Tyler. I know it's old news now, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Jason Connery is the son of Sean Connery and Diane Cilento. He's been in Shanghai Noon and Wishmaster III, and was married to Mia Sara of Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

An interesting tidbit:

This kid, Patrick:

Who starred in this movie:

as an evil jock type is this guy's son:

See?

Patrick has a sister who has her dad's nose, brows and eyes.

Cute kids

Zooey Dechanel of Failure to Launch and Elf is the sister of Emily Deschanel of TVs Bones. Their father is Oscar nominated cinematographer Caleb Deschanel, who's done The Right Stuff, The Patriot, The Natural, and The Passion of the Christ.