Your Preferred Movie Genre

Tools    

Action/Adventure, emphasis on adventure. I'm a big fan of James Bond and Errol Flynn
Oh yeah, Daniel Craig?

Good?

I'll watch just about anything but I really loathe romance....except for Lars And The Real Girl. That was cool.
Awesome, you are not picky. I am very picky when it comes to movie.

The most loathsome of all goblins
Oh yeah, Daniel Craig?
Not a fan of Craig's dour, all-business Bond. He's not even a womanizer! He respects women! Blasphemy

He does seem more comfortable with the humor in the latest installment though

Chief cook and bottlewasher
Horror..with supernatural or paranormal themes. Three fav films The Innocents (1960), The Changeling (1980) The Haunted (1995). I have now added the Woman In Black.
Spoilers ahead. Big time.

True story: About 5 of my buddies and I were watching The Changeling one evening on HBO. This was college so our collective frame of consciousness was rather altered. The movie gets intense. The kid starts wailing on the side of the tub. Right at that moment, the tank building company, who was working massive OT to get a job done, started hammering the snot out of a tank. The sound? You guessed it. Just like the kid's fist on the tub.

More than one of us screamed like a six-year-old girl. Good times.

Make a better place
Thriller & Mystery combined, to me nothing can beat that

I love sci-fi the most, exploring new worlds while looking at unusual visuals. Sci-fi and fantasy allow us to look at our reality through heightened glasses of entertainment.

The most loathsome of all goblins
I love sci-fi the most, exploring new worlds while looking at unusual visuals. Sci-fi and fantasy allow us to look at our reality through heightened glasses of entertainment.
Sci-fi/Fantasy isn't my favorite movie genre, but it's definitely my favorite when it comes to fiction and television. I think with movies there is too much of a time limitation to fully explore what the genre has to offer.

What I love about sci-fi/fantasy is that there are no borders, no rules except that it must abide by its own internal logic. With "real world" stories, one is bound by believability and confined to what is possible. In series or novel, I find this becomes boring very quickly unless the writing is exceptional.