Slasher Hall of Fame

Tools    

Wow, I didn't expect my nomination would rank this high. Glad you liked it guys. This was my first ever HoF and I'm glad I participated. JJ did a great job with it.

I hope we do another horror Hall of Fame during the Halloween period, that would be awesome.

Here's how I ranked the films:

1. Halloween
2. A Nightmare on Elm Street
3. Dressed to Kill
4. Alice Sweet Alice
5. Terror Train
6. Christmas Evil
7. Jeepers Creepers
8. Happy Birthday to Me
9. Hatchet
10. Jason X

1. Halloween
2. A Nightmare on Elm Street
3. Alice Sweet Alice
4. Terror Train
5. Dressed to Kill
6. Happy Birthday to Me
7. Christmas Evil
8. Jeepers Creepers
9. Jason X
10. Machete

Congrats Swan! Deserving winner, not sure what I would've had first out of Halloween and Nightmare . Also agreed on Nostro being MVP here, he put a lot of work into this

Psh. Freddy got annoying after the first film. Michael stayed badass all the way through.
But as has already been pointed out. He's not a character. I'd also put forward that he's not badass either, but that's just me.

Stupid. If you want a better chance of your movie winning, you put its biggest competition dead last on your list.
Which is why it's always great to have Swan (and people like him) taking part in these. They're honest and don't skewer the results.

As for me, well, my nomination finished one spot lower than I thought it might, but I'm glad that some of you saw it and really liked it. Anyway, my votes went as follows.

A Nightmare On Elm Street
Halloween
Happy Birthday To Me
Jason X
Alice, Sweet Alice
Hatchet
Dressed To Kill
Terror Train
Christmas Evil
Jeepers Creepers

Hatchet was the biggest surprise for me as, if I'd put this list together on day one without having seen Hatchet or Jeepers Creepers, I'd have thought I'd have had Dressed To Kill higher (as I like that film) and, maybe Terror Train, too.

Thanks for running this, JJ, you've done a great job.

Let the night air cool you off
Which is why it's always great to have Swan (and people like him) taking part in these. They're honest and don't skewer the results.
This hall of fame was awesome, and mainly because nobody strategically voted. Or at least it didn't appear that way. More than one person had their nomination in the bottom half of their votes, and seven of the voters had a movie that wasn't their nomination as their #1.

Thanks for running this, JJ, you've done a great job.
Thanks, hk. My strategy was to just not get in the way, I think I did a fine job of letting a great concept and great members do all the work.

Congrats Swan! Deserving winner, not sure what I would've had first out of Halloween and Nightmare . Also agreed on Nostro being MVP here, he put a lot of work into this
this is for fun. all right, so. here are the backers for best slasher film (thinking all-time rather than just the 10 nominees in here)

Halloween:
jiraffejustin
Swan
Derek Vinyard
cricket
Destiny

Scream:
Honeykid

Texas Chainsaw Massacre:
BlueLion

Nightmare:
Nostromo

The Slumber Party Massacre:
SexyCelebrity

I'm interested to hear everyone's favorite slashers

glad you guys enjoyed reading some of my ramblings, this might be the MoFo thread i was always the most invested in, this felt like my MoFo chance to shine (if there is such a thing ).. there's a good chance i'll continue to revive this thing and keep some kind of discussion going

or, Sexy, is Texas Chainsaw Massacre your favorite slasher? i think it might be. It's also possible Honeykid has a different favorite slasher than what was nominated in here. I'd be interested to hear, if so, and that goes for everyone too
TCM is my favorite slasher as well. I wanted to nominate something different because I thought for a slasher it was too popular and most of the people here had seen it.

But Halloween is definitely the best slasher in this list for me. It's obviously the most well directed.

Plus, TCM is a horrible film.

I think I'd still have Scream as my favourite slasher film but, if I think purely in slasher terms, it's possible I'd put Nightmare above it.

My list was:
1- Halloween
2- A Nightmare On Elm Street
3- Jeepers Creepers
4- Alice Sweet Alice
5- Dressed To Kill
6- Happy Birthday To Me
7- Terror Train
8- Jason X
9- Christmas Evil
10- Hatchet

What is it with Hatchet? Derek called it Hatcher and Destiny called it Machete.
keyboard mistake hahaha but the Machete mistake is hilarious

What is it with Hatchet? Derek called it Hatcher and Destiny called it Machete.
Nobody called it by it's real name: Sh*t

or, Sexy, is Texas Chainsaw Massacre your favorite slasher? i think it might be.
I call these things horror films, not "slashers."

Going by the slasher title... overall, I think probably the best one is The Slumber Party Massacre.

Then Scream 2.

I don't know. It's hard to pick favorites. When it comes to doing that, I think you have to judge more without your emotions, but I feel that emotions are just as important. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Halloween just doesn't thrill me like it used to. It's possible all the stupid sequels it has had bleached out the appeal of the original movie. Or maybe it's just age and I'm no longer all that fascinated by Dr. Loomis and Laurie Strode. The characters in that movie don't hold up with me -- although I do like Dr. Loomis in the sequels. But the others... not so much. It has atmosphere, it has a great villain, it has great music... but it has a lot of lame scenes, no matter how well they might have been shot. I think the teenage characters are weak. Way overshadowed by that booming loud Michael Myers, as heard on the soundtrack. And as I've said before -- Jamie Lee Curtis is too mannish. She works better when she's playing sexy and not geeky. When she's only in her bra, she looks more like a woman. But in Halloween, she looks like a guy babysitting two kids. It's just weird. I'm criticizing that movie on things that I think are overlooked and ignored. It's a good movie, but not one I'm always eager to rewatch. Not anymore, at least.

That is f@cking hilarious! Did I really name it that on my list? Well, both films suck equally, so oh well!

As far as I'm concerned, five of us won. Obviously so! I for sure would have nominated Halloween, but Swan and Justin set this Hall of Fame up, or at least they set it in motion. Anyway, I may not have been on time to nominate it, but it was at the top of our lists for a reason. What happens to it now, though?

Honeykid, what do you mean, saying that you were happy that "some" of the people watched your film? I would assume that we all had to see it, to vote on it.

p.s. I'm about to turn 46!

Honeykid, what do you mean, saying that you were happy that "some" of the people watched your film? I would assume that we all had to see it, to vote on it.
Hello Honeykid?

Not that I care if someone didn't finish it. I'm leaving all the policing of these threads to Gaupy, however, I was curious what made you say that. If by chance the fact that my reviews stopped, is why you think that, then no, I have seen every movie here. Hell, if I am going to watch Machete and Hatchete, then I will watch just about anything, except maybe some Anime (Episodes!).

I honestly stopped my reviews, because I spent more time on them, then my life's schedule allows. So, since I have a very strong belief that they weren't getting read, I stopped wasting my time on them.

Thanks for participating everybody. I had fun and I hope you did too. Except for you, Sexy. I hope you had a miserable time following this hall of fame.

Well, my nightmare from this morning is slowly coming together . . .

This morning's dream . . . I am in a gigantic white building, where the rooms are connected in a maze pattern. There is a psycho killer out for everyone, so I need to find my mother and sister. The next thing I know, I am with Beatrice Arthur from The Golden Girls. We are talking to some older detective about finding our missing families. We are walking off, when I see the killer go by one of the rooms, after a midget. Then he raises his machete up, and slices the midget right down the middle. He falls to the floor in two pieces, and I gasp. The killer looks my way, and I do what those dumb girls do in slasher movies. I cover my mouth, and hope he didn't hear me. Suddenly, in real life, someone opened my back door very loudly, and it woke me up.

can't believe this thing's over

oh, and Michael wears Freddy pajamas to bed

muhahaha