Of those I've given a rating to:

1. Magnolia

2. Rain Man

3. The Color of Money

4. Top Gun

5. The Outsiders

6. Oblibion

7. Jack Reacher

IMO Cruise is generally at his worst when he is the one carrying a film - when he is the hero. However, unlike many "movie stars" he is often great when he plays a smaller character driven role or when he plays a role with another lead actor that he can generate chemistry with. I wish he would do it more.

The Last Samurai was pretty good. Top Gun's also a nostalgic classic for me (hence the avatar, lol)

Go Agead, Make My Day

I'm not a fan of Tom Cruise but this film (Far and Away) is one of my favorites of all time

I remember watching Far and Away in my history class, and EVERYONE laughed at the ending (when the camera weirdly starts moving away, then comes back and Tom Cruise hilariously awakens)... we had to rewatch it because it was so funny. The movie isn't bad, but the ending is hilarious.

Fav Cruise film...

Best performance...

Honorable mention. This was his greatest achievement as him being cast as Lestat drew ire from eveyone, especially the book readers, and even Anne Rice herself. The criticism was harsh, and didnt stop till the film was released. Say and think what you will about Tom Cruise, but he served the mainstream, the critics, and Anne Rice herself a cup of Shaddup'

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

Make a better place
I'm not a fan of Tom

The only movie of his that I really love is Far and Away