Archer's Ongoing Favorite Films List

Tools    

This is my first post here! So I thought I'd start out by giving my top ten favorite films to give a taste of what I'm into.

Expect 10 and some honorable mentions.

And hello everyone!

A system of cells interlinked
Use the Favorites feature in your profile to so this, and the list will appear as a pull-down on all your posts! Check out the top right of my post for an example...

Uhh, can you switch the neg rep to positive that I just misclicked? I will go punch myself in the face...
"On accident" . Oh sedai....

A system of cells interlinked
Yes, on accident...

OK EQ, you can give me that 10 bucks now....

Meanwhile, just where is this guy's list?? What a let-down!

Sorry guys, I'm here! I was very nearly passing out from exhaustion while starting this thread last night and fell asleep with my laptop on top of me.

Anyway, first favorite coming up!

It is hard for me to choose one film over the other, as these are my 10 favorites of all time. So while this will be a numbered list it is not in any particular order.

Favorite Film 1
Cleo From 5 to7 (1962)
Dir. Agnes Varda

(Apparently I can't add a photo until 10 posts? )

I first watched this film in high school at the age of 16 and it stuck with me ever since. It's a beguiling experience punctuated with brilliant moments of magic realism. Corinne Merchand puts in a lovely performance, while Agnes Varda's beautiful direction guides through Cleo's potentially fateful day. Filled with glorious black and white cinematography by Jean Rabier and Alain Revant, Cleo From 5 to 7 is a perfect little masterpiece.

Another thing to point out, as much of a documentary junkie I am, they will not be included in this list.

Honorable Mention 1
Irreversible(2002)

Dir. Gaspar Noe

Irreversible is no fun ride (unless brutal rape and gay s&m in a stingy sex club is your idea of fun) but damn if it isn't an unforgettable experience. Noe employs every film-making device to manipulate the sensations and minds of whoever decides to watch it. To disorientate, sicken, shock, depress, and ultimately leave the viewer broken down in the fetal position. It's also a work of pure cinema, featuring dazzling camera work and a hypnotic visual style. Whether you love it or hate it, Irreversible will not leave your mind no matter how much you want it to. Still, the craft and vision of the director behind it is impressive and present throughout, and in the end Gasper Noe will make you his bitch.

Just got back from Spring Breakers. Sorry to keep you guys waiting. It will all be worth it in the end.