Non-gory horror movies

Tools    

I like to watch scary horror movies that don't feature someone's entrails flung all over the wall every 2 minutes. I personally think it's scarier to have implied violence vs. graphic imagery.

Do any of you have some suggestions for films of this nature?

Silence of the Lambs really isn't THAT gorey. I mean, of course there is gore, but it's not.. over the top, you know?

Uhmm.. what else.. The Orphanage isn't that gorey. It's kind of difficult to think of these off the top of my head. Give me a few more minutes. xD

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I like to watch scary horror movies that don't feature someone's entrails flung all over the wall every 2 minutes. I personally think it's scarier to have implied violence vs. graphic imagery.
Do any of you have some suggestions for films of this nature?
Yes, I do. The Orphanage and The Devil's Backbone are both very scary and sans gore. Paranormal Activity 1 and 2 if you haven't seen them yet. Rosemary's Baby's, The Innocents....I'm drawing a blank, but there are a ton more that are quite good. I'll post more when I think of them.

Just thought of another. The Ring. That one terrified me.

Semper Fooey
There is one coming out pretty soon, The Woman in Black, which should be scary without gore if they follow the book, play, and television version.

The Haunting (original version)

The Curse of the Demon

Tomb of Ligeia

Carnival of Souls (first version)

The Other (1972)

Horror Hotel (Isle of the Dead)

The Night Stalker (1972)

Many episodes of Boris Karloff's Thriller, especially this one

Mephisto's Waltz

Burnt Offerings

The Changeling
1980, Peter Medak

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Psycho, Halloween, someone already mentioned Silence of the Lambs.

The Shining is kinda gory, but if you're looking for psychological terror then that's the movie for you.

Semper Fooey
It may not seem so by modern standards, but Psycho was very gpry by 1960 standards and Halloween was as gory as it got in the seventies.

It may not seem so by modern standards, but Psycho was very gpry by 1960 standards and Halloween was as gory as it got in the seventies.
True, but for slashers, they're not very gory at all. And if Roserosie wants "implied violence", it doesn't get any better than those two.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I agree that Insidious is just a Poltergeist spin off, they are very much the same.
Except that Poltergeist was good and Insidious sucks.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Changeling is a good 'un, and I would have said Poltergeist but it does have the "face-tearimg" scene, even if it somehow only got a PG. I really love An American Werewolf in London, but it's got a lot of gore.