Angela Lansbury

Tools    

I just adore her, but somehow in all my classic movie watching I somehow missed the fact that the pretty blonde with the funny voice was her!!!!

Just watched "The Harvey Girls" starring Judy Garland the other night and was like Holy Cows that's Angela Freakin Lansbury!!!! Then I did some more research on her and found that outside of Murder She Wrote and Mrs. Pots from Beauty and the Beast, she's had a very long career of musicals and theaters!!!

I just love it when I discover something new about a favorite actor/actress that I just had no clue about..although I do feel like a ninny for never noticing before...Judy Garland is one of my all time faves and I'm sure I've seen Harvey Girls dozens of times and only now just realised...

That happens to all of us it was years before I took any notice of her in Gaslight

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Loved her in The Manchurian Candidate. She played Laurence Harvey's mother and I was surprised to find out she was only 3 years older than him!

I was surprised to find out she was only 3 years older than him!

That happens a lot in Hollywood... probably one of the most well known incidences would be North By Northwest as the lady (can' think if her name right now) who played Cary Grant's mother was only a few years older than him... anyway, I've always liked Angela and thought she was very pretty... no matter what her age...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Put me in your pocket...
I just love it when I discover something new about a favorite actor/actress that I just had no clue about..although I do feel like a ninny for never noticing before...Judy Garland is one of my all time faves and I'm sure I've seen Harvey Girls dozens of times and only now just realised...
I like Angela too.

I had my daughter watch the The Picture of Dorian Gray awhile ago and I had forgotten that Angela was in the movie in a supporting role. That was one of those nice little (oh yeah) surprises.

What the other movies of Angela's have you seen? Which were your favorite?