Maybe you can help me

Tools    

I remember seeing promo's for a movie in the 80's when I was little. I have no clue what the plot of the movie was about although I'm pretty sure it was a horror movie. I never saw the movie...just the promo's and I remember the tag line seemed to be "Don't look up"

I think in the trailer there was a woman sitting at her vanity and brushing her hair.

I know this is totally vague and not helpful in the least...but I'm wondering if there's someone out there who might have a clue what I'm thinking of? I just remember this voiceover saying *whatever you do, don't look up* I was really intrigued and wanted to see it then, but I was too young. Now the memory of it just popped into my head and I'm trying to find out what the movie was.

All I've been able to get through searches is about a movie coming out soon with that title that is a remake of a 90's film..but that isn't it.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

The trailer for The Burning (1981) doesn't have a girl at a vanity, but it does have the warning "Don't..." repeated over and over...

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
That trailer is gold... they splice together knock-off scenes from Friday the 13th and Psycho... no shame at all. Gotta love it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
First thing that came to my mind from watching that trailer was Don't from Wright.

Suspect's Reviews

First thing that came to my mind from watching that trailer was Don't from Wright.
Yes, well that's because it's what he was parodying/paying homage to. The Burning was banned in the U.K. for decades after it was distributed in its uncut version on video there. It was one of the first little movies that started the careers of Bob and Harvey Weinstein, and it is also the big screen debuts for actors Jason Alexander, Holly Hunter and Fisher Stevens.