Alien 5 Movie?

Tools    

Hard to Find Movies Addict!
I read in an article about the creation of a new Alien movie coming in 2008/2009, is this truth? I can't wait to see that

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I read in an article about the creation of a new Alien movie coming in 2008/2009, is this truth? I can't wait to see that
Surely that would be Alien 6?

(Alien, Aliens, Alien3, Alien Resurrection, Alien v. Predator)

Surely that would be Alien 6?

(Alien, Aliens, Alien3, Alien Resurrection, Alien v. Predator)
It's all in the little details isn't it? Anyway I say make it so. Aliens are cool.

Release Date
Alien 5 is still in the "rumoured" phase and what with AvP2 coming out in 2007, we won't see Alien 5 for a good few years if at all. The three main people who will no doubt be involved in Alien 5, Signourney Weaver, Ridley Scott and James Cameron have all said they want to do Alien 5. The problem is that Fox doesn't want to do it and are too busy with the AvP franchise.
The Director
Ridley Scott and James Cameron have both said they wanted to do Alien 5 in the past few years. In fact, James Cameron revealed in February 2006 that he was already writing a script for Alien 5 until Fox told him to stop as they wanted to do AvP instead. It's definitely possible we could see a combination of Ridley Scott and James Cameron doing Alien 5 together. With James Cameron writing and Ridley Scott directing. The main problem at the moment is the damage AvP did to the series which effectively ruined any chance of Alien 5.
Cast
Sigourney Weaver has said on numerous occasions she wants to do Alien 5 so if the film goes into production, Weaver is bound to be involved in some shape or form. Perhaps one of the reasons why Fox are not keen on doing Alien 5 is because of Sigourney's age. She's in her 50s now and wouldn't fit the lead role. In April 2002, Stellan Skarsgerd was also rumoured to have signed a contract to appear in Alien 5. Winona Ryder was another person rumoured to have signed on to do the next instalment in the Alien franchise.
Storyline
Whatever the storyline is, Sigourney Weaver has stressed numerous times that she wants the film to be set away from Earth which I think is a good idea. The most popular storyline at the moment is to explore the Space Jockey's homeworld or the original alien homeworld or even maybe go back to LV-426 in search of the derelict spacecraft. I'm unsure what type of movie it's going to be. Sigourney has said she would like it to be like the first movie - a mysterious horror film meanwhile James Cameron has said he'd like it to be like Aliens. Of course, one problem remains is to how is Alien 5 will fit in the alien timeline. I've always imagined Alien 5 to be a prequel to Alien and thus Sigourney Weaver wouldn't be in the film at all. I can't really see that happening though which leaves a sequel to Alien Resurrection and I don't think you could do a good sequel to that film.

This is from, http://www.avpgalaxy.net/alienfilms....on=moviealien5

Alens vs. Predator does not count a part of the Alien films themselves. It is seperate.
Yes I understand that I'm not the one having counting issues... don't make come over there.

I think a prequel would be the most interesting option for a continuation to the series. Where exactly did the Aliens come from?

Beware The Probe!
I think a prequel would be the most interesting option for a continuation to the series. Where exactly did the Aliens come from?
Bingo!
That's what I've always been thinking for the last few Alien flicks.
We need a backstory on these things.

Well...
Not really unless we don't want to think of them as the devils they appear to be otherwise the revalation of what they really are might ruin their pure evilness.
An origin story might make them more sympathetic.
Especially if we understood why they are the way they are.

That's part of the reason why I liked AvP.
It explained a few things about both races but even to the Preds, the Aliens seem to have always been a nightmare of a race to them but the only difference is no matter how terrifying the Aliens were, the Preds weren't gonna be conquered by that fear since they raised their young to fight them.

I'd love to see the Alien homeworld in a movie one day.
They do seem somewhat intelligent but we have no idea how they spread themselves among the galaxy.

I am sure many people are going to be very enthusiastic about watching this movie. But I'm not. I've had it with aliens. They don't exist man! And why are they always trying to kill us anyway? Stay in your own planet and kill someone else. Or if you really wanna kill something here on earth, kill malaria or AIDS.

A system of cells interlinked
But...they they never came to our planet, at all. Have you seen any of the films in the series?

They don't exist? What does that have to do with a fictional sci-fi series? Sorry, but, if the only movies that came out were about gardening or algebra, I don't think very many people would hit the theaters...

Also, the original Alien flick is chock full of metaphor, so, the director was actually making some points about various other issues that are more down to Earth.

Didn't pick up on that stuff? Bummer....

That said, I think this franchise has run its course.

I honestly don't know what more they could do with another Alien movie. Besides, if there is one coming out next year or the year after, it's a little too close to the AVP movie that is likewise coming out which won't help sales any I'd say.

Well if that is true I guess that is an interesting movie that everyone will love....

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I honestly don't know what more they could do with another Alien movie.
Couldn't agree more. After all, after seeing an alien pop out of someone's stomach so many times, it tends to get repetitive, if you know what I mean.

The first three, were THE BEST, IMO. Alien Resurrection was a waste of money and time. Don't get me wrong, it's not a terribly bad movie, but there was really no need for it. Alien 3 was a good close-out to the series had they left it the way it was.

Oh, and J M, you like superhero movies? Any of the Harry Potter movies? And you want to watch movies about things that exist...If that's the case, I wanna catch me a radioactive spider...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

oh, that is totally a fan poster, and the website doesnt exist.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
If this is true awsome but I dont know ive heared nothing about this film at all!

A system of cells interlinked
It isn't, and won't ever happen. There have been some rumors flying around for a while, with Scott and Weaver allegedly interested in doing a fifth Alien picture, but last I read, they had decided it was a bad idea. Weaver mentioned AVP souring people's interest in Alien 5 in an interview in February.

A quote from Weaver:

"Let Ripley rest."

I definitely agree.