Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Kelly's Heroes -

Woof! Woof! Woof!

Time for Where Eagles Dare now!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

It was walking on thin ice with its (intentionally) chaotic editing and storytelling. There was a danger of being confusing. Luckily, though, it wasn't, and as a result we got a love story delivered in a very intriguing way.

The Terminal (2004)

Tears were shed.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Lifeboat -

Tallulah Bankhead was amazing as a dame taken out of some noir flick and put on the sea. I'm surprised now that I found out she didn't star in many other films. She practically ended her career with this one single movie. Yeah, she was in a bunch of 'em before and some (two?) after, but after what I've seen in Lifeboat I'd love to see her in more, say, Hitchcock films, or film noir even better. She was around 40 in the flick and was incredibly classy. Nice MILF. :P

It's propaganda, but it was handled really well by the director. The second "point" to convince (?) the viewer is so hilarious it does feel like a parody of itself and therefore is not as effective propaganda-wise, which is good. Would love to rewatch it in a couple of years and then maybe give it four stars. It's really great.

But:
WARNING: "Lifeboat" spoilers below
After they killed the German they should have all slowly died or killed each other in amok caused by lack of food and water. Of course, everything shot in very long Bela Tarr-ish takes. Oh, alright. Sorry, it's my perversion.

:P

My Fair Lady (1964)

I fell asleep halfway through for about an hour. I enjoyed a good amount of it, but it started to drag fo me at times. I would've liked it a lot more if it wasn't so long. It's easy to see why it's such a beloved classic.

Rewatch, liked it more on the first watch.

Brilliant sequel : funny, charming and touching.
+

School for Scoundrels. The 1960 version. With a line up like that, any remake will never be half as good.

In a double bill:

As I have just said on my Facebook feed it would be wrong to suggest that Sin City and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For are bad films. They are not and I can understand why they appeal to certain audiences - I am simply not one of them and saw Style over Substance and to me it was just a whole bunch of special effects and guns etc, not my cup of tea (also the 3d stuff gave my a headache), any fans of comic books I am sure will love this however. It looks stunning it truly did but the cynic inside me wants more than that.

Forgot to put ratings:

SC1 - 6/10
SC2 - 7/10

Rewatch, liked it more on the first watch.

Brilliant sequel : funny, charming and touching.
+
Never heard of these, but they look interesting. I like the idea of a movie franchise where the titles are based on years, and they get higher with each sequel.

City Lights (1931)

Plenty of laugh out loud moments with just the right amount of feeling. I have no doubt that Charlie Chaplin was a brilliant entertainer. This was my 3rd film of his; I liked it a little more than The Gold Rush, and not quite as much as Modern Times.

The One I Love (2014)

It's really good! It's a "Kaufmanesque" tale about a married couple that goes on a weekend together to revitalize their relationship. Something strange happens, though and the situation gets more and more complex and dark...

It's clever, it's great to look at, the film has a vibrant feeling to it and there's particularly some interesting stuff in this movie about the (ideal) images we have in our head from our significant others and what they mean and implicate. The two leading actors are also fantastic!

Yep. This is a cool, little film. Check it out!

+

Yep. This is a cool, little film. Check it out!
I will sir. Planned on it because of Moss but now I am actually excited about it.

I will sir. Planned on it because of Moss but now I am actually excited about it.
She's also the main reason why I watched it. The good reviews helped, though. Moss is brilliant, so you'll definitely enjoy her performance.

The Fall (2006, USA) ~ 7/10

This was a Miss Vicky & Swan recommendation. I really enjoyed it. I mostly enjoyed the last 30 to 45 minutes of it. It was very cute and entertaining.

This was a "Unique Visual Feast" for the eyes.

Glad you liked it. It's one of most memorable movies I've seen in terms of imagery. How did it compare to The Cell for you?
I found the Cell more dark... the coloring used for the cinematography was the same for both films.... I really enjoyed this tho.... its hard to compare them. I see them as two separate genres by the same director.

Persepolis (2007)

Pretty far out of my comfort zone but this movie thoroughly impressed me. It's a very well rounded movie with interesting characters, a great story, humor, and emotion. This movie covers a lot of ground; I feel like I watched an epic squeezed into 96 minutes. Because it's animated, it didn't feel forced at all. I think if this were a live action movie, it would have to be about an hour longer to get everything in. This movie is perfectly paced and is a very tight watch that never drags. I know next to nothing about animation, but I thought the look of the film was excellent. If I had seen this in time for the comic book countdown, it would've been very high on my list. My only remotely negative thought, is that I feel like I might not love it as much on repeat viewings, as I did on my initial watch. We shall see.

A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)

- Nice Movie and nice little storyline inside a ''mental hospital''. Robert Englund aka Freddy Krueger is creepy as f*ck and he is an awesome vilain .

+