Sydney Poitier

Tools    

I really enjoy the Sydney Poitier movies that I've seen.(but I haven't seen alot of them) I think *The slender thread* is my favorite because it's just so unique.

Any other SP fans out there who can suggest some really great movies from him?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Sydney Poitier is Sidney Poitier's daughter. She was in the Death Proof segment of Grindhouse and Nine Lives. Her Dad's best films would include Edge of the City, The Defiant Ones, Lilies of the Field, The Bedford Incident, To Sir, With Love, In the Heat of the Night, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, The Wilby Conspiracy and Sneakers.

Semper Fooey
Pressure Point is also an excellent film. He plays a psychiatrist treating a neo Nazi inmate. Bobby Darrin, in a rare dramatic turn, is outstanding as the psycho Nazi.

Thanks for the suggestions...and I'll try to remember it's spelled Sidney in the future.

I really enjoy his movies because he is so articulate. They just don't make alot of movies now that contain really compelling dialogue.