Movies I really dislike that most people love

Tools    

I loved him being killed off. Should have happened in the opening scene for me to enjoy that movie more.He didnt want to be on it and it showed. Harrison Bored.
It's just a shame that his disinclination to be part of Star Wars seems like the only reason for killing Han off in the first place. And apparently he wanted Han to be killed off in Return of the Jedi so he'd already tried. At least he's more positive towards Indiana Jones.

Silence of the lambs is a movie I dislike, I think I have a problem with Jodie Foster in general to be honest I really didn't enjoy her movie 'contact' either which is also rated highly. She kind of reminds me of Kristen Stewart who I also can't stand, I don't mean to be harsh but it's something to do with their mannerisms and/or face that I just can't stand.
I think there is a similarity there and I always thought it was clever to cast them as mother and daughter in Panic Room.

I didn’t really like Logan, mainly because it felt like the efforts to make life better for the Mutants in X-Men: Days of Future Past were ultimately worthless.
I think because of the false starts and mistakes in the franchise you end up feeling like every film exists in its own universe. I mean there's no way to reconcile X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Deadpool without ignoring the former completely. The Star Trek universe has become like that to some extent – there must be about 4 or 5 representations of Klingons now, and one of their own on-screen excuses for the differences years ago was that they don't talk about it .

This might just do nobody any good.
Days of Future Past’s ending sets up the Deadpool and, I assume, New Mutants timeline, so you got a least a couple of decades worth of storytelling in between those and Logan.

Logan works so well for how matter-of-fact-ly it plays out. The end came as a natural progression and just slowly enough for mutants to stew on it. For however much they bent it, time won out (the undefeated champion). All things must pass.

I think there is a similarity there and I always thought it was clever to cast them as mother and daughter in Panic Room.
I swear to God I wasn't actually aware of this that is crazy weird.

I really don't go much on others opinion. If the movie trailer sounds fun I believe that the movie will too and most of the times the same thing happens. And as far as rating goes I only see IMDB. If it's anywhere close to a 7 then it's worth watching otherwise I don't bother except on special recommendations!

V for Vendetta is a classic case of elevation through a lack of perspective.

Also, saying it’s better than The Dark Knight (a movie much more substantial to the socio-political talks the former only ever really circles around) is crazy talk.
The current political system actually now more closely resembles that of the one portrayed in V for Vendetta than The Dark Knight. And if you wanna stand by your opinion, fine. But it's not "crazy talk".

The Dark Knight is overrated.

This might just do nobody any good.
Those two movies tried to tackle Bush era surveillance and the cause and effects of the war on terror. Escalation.

Dark Knight shows the negatives of an entity (fueled by trauma) that takes policing in its own hands, the good it can bring but how it primarily functions through fear and intimidation. It shows how these methods can ultimately corrupt the very ideals they were set up to uphold in the face of an enemy that is, in many ways, it’s offshoot.

It’s a layered movie and it’s rewatch value is honestly kind of underrated.

It’s an almost perfect match for Nolan as a director since he’s always been more about the mechanics of a thing than the thing itself. It is a cold movie but these were times that needed cold rationalism. It’s a rare breed of superhero movie that is timely.

V for Vendetta is ridiculously broad stroked and ultimately, just wants you to remember that fascism is not good.

Those two movies tried to tackle Bush era surveillance and the cause and effects of the war on terror. Escalation.

Dark Knight shows the negatives of an entity (fueled by trauma) that takes policing in its own hands, the good it can bring but how it primarily functions through fear and intimidation. It shows how these methods can ultimately corrupt the very ideals they were set up to uphold in the face of an enemy that is, in many ways, it’s offshoot.

It’s a layered movie and it’s rewatch value is honestly kind of underrated.

It’s an almost perfect match for Nolan as a director since he’s always been more about the mechanics of a thing than the thing itself. It is a cold movie but these were times that needed cold rationalism. It’s a rare breed of superhero movie that is timely.

V for Vendetta is ridiculously broad stroked and ultimately, just wants you to remember that fascism is not good.
Interestingly, on the most recent episode of Robert Kirkman's Secret History of Comic Books (a new TV series on AMC), the topic was NYC and 9/11. They made some of the same points about The Dark Knight. (Unfortunately, I don't recall them mentioning V for Vendetta, although there was a brief clip of Alan Moore, but I don't remember what he was talking about.)

It's not enough that we already have a bunch of general-purpose overrated threads, but now we have people starting their own individual overrated threads. I'm sure it was worth starting a thread just to hear the same "Rey is a Mary Sue" criticisms that have been in circulation for the last two years anyway.
It's not about just Ray being in an unlikable and undeveloped character it's about the movie as a whole and it's incontinuities. and if you really think this thread is overrated maybe it's not the best idea to participate in it The Future of the Star Wars universe is important to me so I like to think platforms like these have the potential to guide future directors not to make the same mistakes. After all if it weren't for platforms like these jar Jar Binks would've had a central role in attack of the clones and revenge of the Sith. But unfortunately now we are dealing with Ja Ja Abrahams

The current political system actually now more closely resembles that of the one portrayed in V for Vendetta than The Dark Knight. And if you wanna stand by your opinion, fine. But it's not "crazy talk".

The Dark Knight is overrated.
My thoughts on force awakens and Deadpool are solid. But I must admit I watched V for vendetta a long long time ago when I was 14 and probably didn't get the deeper meaning behind it. Hence why I kept my reasoning for disliking the movie very brief compare to the latter. So I will rewatch it with an open mind

“I was cured, all right!”
Deadpool
Star Wars the Force awakens
V for vendetta
Gravity
The Martian
I agree with all of them!

'V for vendetta' is a very strong material if you read the original work maded by Alan Moore but that film?

--

"Deadpool is like watching an immature teenager at a dinner table who thinks if he swears long and loudly enough he will get the respect and acceptance of the adults."

Very well said.

I agree with all of them!

'V for vendetta' is a very strong material if you read the original work maded by Alan Moore but that film?

--

"Deadpool is like watching an immature teenager at a dinner table who thinks if he swears long and loudly enough he will get the respect and acceptance of the adults."

Very well said.
Nice to have some backup I've been trying to explain in so many different ways why these movies are massively overrated. Btw your avatar what movie is that from?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
The Future of the Star Wars universe is important to me so I like to think platforms like these have the potential to guide future directors not to make the same mistakes.
I'm sorry but what makes you think a director who has an ego big enough to deal with the Hollywood machine is reading this forum and gives a brass razoo about a non film maker giving him 'guidance"? Look what happened to imdb whe film makers supposedly complained about it. You said you were here to Discuss but when people try to Discuss you get all upset when they dont agree with you.

“I was cured, all right!”
I'm guessing Hard boiled but I can't be sure
Close! It's the same director (John Woo) and the same actor (Chow Yun-fat) but it's not Hard Boiled its "A Better Tomorrow".

I'm sorry but what makes you think a director who has an ego big enough to deal with the Hollywood machine is reading this forum and gives a brass razoo about a non film maker giving him 'guidance"? Look what happened to imdb whe film makers supposedly complained about it. You said you were here to Discuss but when people try to Discuss you get all upset when they dont agree with you.
I just wanna say thank you very much for putting my Thread to the top of the page once again without your posts I never would've got to 70 comments.

And I'm not talking about my platform pacifically but all platforms like these. And the more there are the better chance it will reach directors and might influence their decisions somewhat even if it's just to a very small degree. I'm not under the illusion my Thread is important by any means. You act like you're a personal abstention to the movies i'm judging on.

Besides It's healthy to have a debate about a movie. for me I've had my mind changed all the time in past debates and I love to hear other peoples interpretations on films. Just like a bodybuilder who uses weights to expand his body I use my film knowledge to debate and expand my knowledge of film.

I never said anything mean about the V for vendetta since I could tell the person who directed it was passionate about the film. but JJ Abrams is in my mind more of a producer then a director. just like his mystery box conclusion he states it's more about the mystery of the box then what is actually inside of it. Just like his TV show lost there is a lot of mystery surrounding The island but when those mysteries reveal themselves it was nothing like intensity it was Built up on the show was full of great mysteries and weak conclusions.

I See Jar Jar Abrams as more than money maker then a director and he is good at getting people in the seats.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I just wanna say thank you very much for putting my Thread to the top of the page once again without your posts I never would've got to 70 comments. .
My pleasure. It's an interesting topic and I like discussing it. You're the one who continues getting upset for some unknown reason.