Movies you've been meaning to see for ages?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Seven Samurai is great, Tokyo Story is good (Make Way For Tomorrow is a little better, and the inspiration)

Never heard of Archer, will look him up... Any films I might like based on what you know about my taste?

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Yes, there's a few films I've been meaning to see that are hard to get hold of, unless I want to fork out £20 for the dvd.

Yes, there's a few films I've been meaning to see that are hard to get hold of, unless I want to fork out £20 for the dvd.
Maybe you've tried this, but if you can't find it on youtube, you might be able to go on google, and select the subcategory of "VIDEO" - I found John Cassavetes' A Constant Forge this way. If that doesn't work, just type in what you can right in the address bar.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Tie Xi Qu: West of the Tracks (2003) by Wang Bing

Straub-Huillet generally but mainly

From the Clouds to the Resistance (1979)

Too Early, Too Late (1982)

Class Relations (1984)

Doomed Love (1978) by Manoel de Oliveira

How Green Was My Valley (1941) by John Ford

Brightness (1987) by Souleymane Cisse

Brick and Mirror (1965) by Ebrahim Golestan

and many, many others

I'd like to watch Ishtar but it's not available via netflix, youtube, or the public library.
I also wouldn't mind rewatching Pure Luck but it's not available either.

You guys have no excuse for some of these movies you haven't seen

I remember watching about 5 minutes of Ishtar a long time ago.. Hoffman and Beatty in the desert, I must have been bored because I changed the channel. I also don't like watching films that have already started.

But... after seeing Elaine write and direct "Mikey and Nicky" I might check it out one day.
That's my recommendation for you, Foster.

Mutiny On The Bounty (1962) easily could make my top 100 list.

Films I've never seen but been meaning to watch: Taxi Driver, The Last Picture Show, Interstellar, Gravity

Mutiny On The Bounty (1962) easily could make my top 100 list.

Films I've never seen but been meaning to watch: Taxi Driver, The Last Picture Show, Interstellar, Gravity
I can't believe you haven't seen Taxi Driver!

My recommendation for you is Nashville... It's my #2 of all-time.

I remember watching about 5 minutes of Ishtar a long time ago.. Hoffman and Beatty in the desert, I must have been bored because I changed the channel. I also don't like watching films that have already started.

But... after seeing Elaine write and direct "Mikey and Nicky" I might check it out one day.
That's my recommendation for you, Foster.
I'm not sure I will even enjoy ishtar. I've heard it's a bad movie, and it's got bad ratings on IMDB. But it was talked about in one of my film books so I wanted to see it.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Ishtar is not nearly as bad as it's supposed to be, but don't expect too much (obviously). Honestly, it's about on the level of an average Hope/Crosby Road to movie (closest to Road to Morocco), but I doubt you've seen one to which you can compare it.