The official MoFo boxing thread

Tools    

Unregistered User
Pretty much hit the nail on the head there Tat. Also under so much pressure i imagine, even more so than their first fight and im not even taking into consideration fighting in front of close to 80,000. Plus he always seems to struggle against younger fighters, eg Andre Ward, Dirrell, Groves.

You watching it Tat?

The People's Republic of Clogher
Pretty much hit the nail on the head there Tat. Also under so much pressure i imagine, even more so than their first fight and im not even taking into consideration fighting in front of close to 80,000. Plus he always seems to struggle against younger fighters, eg Andre Ward, Dirrell, Groves.

You watching it Tat?
Tempted but I don't have Sky. I buy a NowTV pass occasionally for when the grand prix isn't live on BBC and might do the same at the weekend.

Unregistered User
Tempted but I don't have Sky. I buy a NowTV pass occasionally for when the grand prix isn't live on BBC and might do the same at the weekend.
Well get the Tattymobile out of the Tatcave and get down to the North Coast. I'll have a bottle of Buckfast waiting for ya.

Jaysus, I'll not be able to get back home then. I've had some great times up in North Down in the past though. Got a mate who used to have a boat in Bangor marina so we'd head over to Scotland regularly to get bladdered then sleep on the boat.

What do you think of Carl Frampton's chances this year? The way wee Barry's been talking him up it makes the lad seem like a cross between Roberto Duran and Sugar Ray Leonard.

The top guys in the division seem to have spent the last couple of years ducking him.

Unregistered User
Frampton seems like the real deal, he's fought and beaten some pretty tough fighters and already owns a victory over a current world champ. He's in a very talented division but i would probably have him ranked about 4th or so at present.
Unfortunately he's not gonna hit the heights of the 2 youve mentioned but he's a great to watch, skilled fighter. Even if he's from Tiger's Bay.

Froch is top quality, and has been a top pound-for-pound fighter for numerous years now. Groves threw everything but the kitchen sink at Froch in their first encounter and still couldn't get rid of him. I always favored Carl to beat him.

Frampton is good. His problem is that there's one guy in the division who would clown him, and another one who is better at doing what he does. He should fight Quigg next.

Unregistered User
Rigo and Santa Cruz?
You think Frampton would beat Quigg?

Froch is top quality, and has been a top pound-for-pound fighter for numerous years now. Groves threw everything but the kitchen sink at Froch in their first encounter and still couldn't get rid of him. I always favored Carl to beat him.

Frampton is good. His problem is that there's one guy in the division who would clown him, and another one who is better at doing what he does. He should fight Quigg next.

Unregistered User
If you like boxing at all, you really should be watching this Ruslan fight. Algieri is giving him a fight right now.
Ruslan fought the wrong fight but i still had him winning. Fair dues to Algieri though, that eye took some punishment.

Let the night air cool you off
I think he probably could have broken Algieri down if he would have kept going to the body, but he still should have gotten the decision.

Any Yuriorkis Gamboa fans here?
Never watched him fight but i heard he lost last night, did you see it? I am a massive fan of Rigondeaux who along with Golavkin and Nonito Donaire are my favourite active boxers.

Let the night air cool you off
He lost, but I didn't see it. In fact, I probably wouldn't even know about him if he hadn't lost. I was reading about it, then I decided to watch some highlights of his. It appears that he really shouldn't have moved up in weight.

I don't watch enough live boxing. I pretty much only watch live fights when it's Pacquiao, Provodnikov, or Mayweather. And I only watch Mayweather so I can root for him to lose. GGG is a guy I wanted to follow a while back, but I lost interest in boxing at that point. I am looking for some guys to follow to keep my interest up. Gamboa seems like one of those guys.

He lost, but I didn't see it. In fact, I probably wouldn't even know about him if he hadn't lost. I was reading about it, then I decided to watch some highlights of his. It appears that he really shouldn't have moved up in weight.

I don't watch enough live boxing. I pretty much only watch live fights when it's Pacquiao, Provodnikov, or Mayweather. And I only watch Mayweather so I can root for him to lose. GGG is a guy I wanted to follow a while back, but I lost interest in boxing at that point. I am looking for some guys to follow to keep my interest up. Gamboa seems like one of those guys.
You should look out for Rigondeaux. He reminds me of my favourite ever boxer; Pernell Whitaker, the only difference is that 'Sweet Pea' was pretty much a troll who danced away from punches and had possibly the best ever counterpunch.