Jessica Walter, RIP

Tools    

Can't even see where the knob is
R.I.P. Arrested Development and Archer would be much lesser shows without her. Oh, and nobody could wink like she could.

"I can hear mother winking right now"

OMG, they continue to drop like flies...this woman has been working steadily since the 1960's but I didn't really sit up and take notice of her until I saw Play Misty for Me...she scared the crap out of me in that movie. And her work on Arrested Development was exquisite. My condolances to Ron Leibman and the rest of her family, Great loss. RIP

That's creepy. I was just thinking today how sad it was that she lost her real-life husband (Ron Liebman) as well as her sometimes on-screen husband (George Segal) in a relatively short time span.

Jessica and George in Bye Bye Braverman
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Truly loved her in anything she did. But every time I heard her name, Play Misty For Me popped into my head. That role made her and she was an exquisite psycho in that film. But she was so versatile that she could do drama and comedy with equal flair. Another great one gone. Godspeed, Jessica.

The Flamingo Kid (1984) with Matt Dillon, Janet Jones, and Richard Crenna

"Three's a Crowd" (1984 - 1985) with Robert Mandan and John Ritter

"The Execution" (1985) with Loretta Swit, Valerie Harper, Sandy Dennis, and Barbara Barrie

"Magnum P.I." (1986) with John Hillerman and Tom Selleck

Tapeheads (1988)

"Dinosaurs" (1991 - 1994) voicing Fran Sinclair

PCU (1994) with David Spade
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	JW coach.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	75798   Click image for larger version

Name:	JW law.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	75799  

"Coach" (1994) with Craig T. Nelson

"Law & Order" (1995)

The Slums of Beverly Hills (1998) with Kevin Corrigan, Natasha Lyonne, and Alan Arkin

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	JW magnum 2.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	75800   Click image for larger version

Name:	JW magnum 3.jpg
Views:	949
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	75801   Click image for larger version

Name:	JW magnum 1.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	75802  

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Play Misty for Me is why I don't discuss movies outside of this forum much.

When Fatal Attraction came out, people would be praising the film and how they never seen anything like it.

I'd ask them if they had ever watched Play Misty for Me and they would look at like I was stupid. I gave up.