Which is your favorite Charlton Heston film?

Tools    

Favorite Heston film?
5.88%
1 votes
The Ten Commandments
17.65%
3 votes
Ben-Hur
35.29%
6 votes
Touch of Evil
17.65%
3 votes
Planet of the Apes
0%
0 votes
El Cid
11.76%
2 votes
The Big Country
0%
0 votes
Will Penny
11.76%
2 votes
The Agony and the Ecstasy
17 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I voted Agony and Ecstacy. Not for him but because I loved the book.
I voted for the film, which I really enjoyed .

I've never been a fan. I guess he was too busy playing with guns to take acting lessons...
I suppose Charlton Heston was as an actor like Ronald Reagan was as a politician. He had that really ferocious energy about him and in something like Ben-Hur where's he's playing an unequivocally good, wronged character, that's a great quality to have.

Actually it's interesting that that side of his acting doesn't come out in the Musketeers films. His Cardinal Richelieu is more philosophical even when the Musketeers get one over on him.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I voted Agony and Ecstacy. Not for him but because I loved the book.
I voted for the film, which I really enjoyed .

I've never been a fan. I guess he was too busy playing with guns to take acting lessons...
I suppose Charlton Heston was as an actor like Ronald Reagan was as a politician. He had that really ferocious energy about him and in something like Ben-Hur where's he's playing an unequivocally good, wronged character, that's a great quality to have.

OH great point, See. I hadn't thought of that. Charlton channeling Charlton.

And it also comes through when he's playing Michelangelo I think. His enthusiasm, and faith I suppose, in relation to his work and looking to real people to make his paintings come to life. What a sculptor he was though! Astounding.

A system of cells interlinked
Touch of Evil for me!

And it also comes through when he's playing Michelangelo I think. His enthusiasm, and faith I suppose, in relation to his work and looking to real people to make his paintings come to life. What a sculptor he was though! Astounding.

I will have to have a rewatch. Just off the top of my head I only remember the crying. Lol what is it with me and tears. The guy has a fabulous voice and no one can take that away for any reason. M

I will have to have a rewatch. Just off the top of my head I only remember the crying. Lol what is it with me and tears.

Good job you weren't high for that as well . I should see it again as I would have put it in my Top 20 once upon a time.

I usually avoid films that make me cry and music often plays a big part in that. The end of Dances with Wolves is a good example but also Kirk climbing El Capitan in Star Trek V. A few bars of Jerry Goldsmith's The Mountain and I'm . Actually it's one of my Desert Island Discs.

The guy has a fabulous voice and no one can take that away for any reason. M
Yeah, tremendous. I mean The Big Country 's a great battle of voices with Heston against Gregory Peck.

I'm sure for a lot of us there are actors where even if we disagree with their opinions or actions we can still enjoy their screen roles.

Oh yes absolutely to Gregory.

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy?
So old-fashioned. Heston has always seemed like a very clunky actor to me.
Old-fashioned, yes. But I'm of the opinion that he's one of the greats of such a tradition.