IMDB Alumni, post here!

Tools    

Ugh. It SUUUUCKS that IMDB was closed down. No forum will ever match it.
Hold your tongue there just a minute. I was once like you and didnt like comingsoon or the hype and didnt think would find a place too speak on movies and tv until I came here. This place will be bigger then IMSB Internet Movie $hit Base.

We'll talk about it back on IMDB. Let's get out of here...
To leave, just jump down one of those pipes. It'll take you to another world. Back to IMDB or wherever.

Watch out for one of our man-eating plants.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pipe.gif
Views:	544
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	28678  

You've been for not even a day. If you're not willing to even give the place a fair chance, you can just move right along and stop publicly bashing us.
I wasn't publicly bashing anyone, just responding in kind.

Take it easy, good meeting a couple of you...

Master of My Domain
When you cover some awesome Beach Boy songs on the drums for 2 hours and come back to this...

Welcome folk
Sorry don't want to become rude by accuse and generalize imdb users/ex users here, but the reputation really bad must to admit, in regard troll and art of ***********
It is, sadly. They're shutting down IMDB on Feb. 20 and I found this board today. Apparently, others did as well. The only people I personally recommended this site to are all good posters.
ehh really, sound so sweet just like thread bait-y title

In fact--I hope you guys DO have tighter moderation here. The moderation on IMDB is practically non-existent.
ppl here pretty combatant I believe

I enjoy the atmosphere around here and I can assure you and others here that I'm just looking for a new board home.
look the way this thread going on, obviously you guys just seek new public toilets :/

First encounter was an easy bot kill I suppose

So, this all happened while I was asleep, otherwise I would've replied to welcome you a lot earlier.

I'm not sure what prompted this quick little exodus-from-the-exodus, but I assure you, any hostility you think you see in this thread is just people kidding around. This is a pretty friendly place by most standards, particularly the standards of Internet forums, though I suppose I can see why you would take the jokes literally, given how these things usually go.

Stick around, I promise it's a good place to talk about movies. And if you guys have any problems or feel harassed or insulted, just drop me or one of the mods a message and we'll try to make it right.

Gojiman here. Thanks for the referral.

Welcome.

You may or may not have to fight The Rodent for Superman avatar supremacy, though. Just a heads-up.
Heh, well, his seems to be more closely based on the Superman Returns logo. I stick with the classic one.

We have the actual Siperman running around here somewhere too. Welcome to all you former IMDB board users. This really is a great place to talk movies and get to know some cool people on top of it. I was here a couple of months before it really started to click for me. I suggest getting involved in some games and tournaments. That's where a whole bunch of regulars ended up hanging and talking the most. It's the best way to get to know people here from my experience. Hope a bunch of you stick around.

A system of cells interlinked
Welcome all new forum members. Please take a bit of time to familiarize yourself with the rules, read some threads, chat a bit with various people, only then deciding if this place is right for you. I've been here for many years, and IMO, this is one of the best places to hang out on the web. Some of my favorite things to do are to participate in the movie tab, which is a series of mini-reviews and random thoughts on recently seen films; reading director appreciation threads, usually authored by Holden Pike, reading the review threads populated by many of the sites reviewers, and participating in the music, video game, and fantasy sports threads when I am looking to get away from films for a bit.

Have fun!

There are other forums?

This is my forum. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My forumis my best friend. It is my life.

I must master it as I must master my life.
Without me, my forum is useless. Without my forum, I am useless.

I must write my reviews true. I must type straighter than my enemy who is trying to outwit me.
I must outwit him before he outwits me. I will...

My forum and I know that what counts in reviews is not the words we type, the noise of our opinion, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the reps that count. We will rep...

My forum is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its rules and its layout.

I will keep my forum clean and PG-13, even as I am clean and PG-13. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My forum and I are the defenders of my MoFo Community. We are the masters of our opposition. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is MoFo's and there is no enemy, but peace!