The MoFo Director Fan Clubs!

Tools    

I added everyone's requests!

Oh, Scorsese for me too.

And I know he's only made 2 films so far, but how about Richard Ayoade? Me, Cob and maybe Lucas would probably be the only members though.
I made the Richard Ayoade fan club and added you. I'm also going to join, because I sincerely believe at this point that he's probably THE most promising director of his generation (that I know of).

Oh, I'd like to add John McTiernan as well... he's got a short filmography but the guy has made 100% Gold.

I thought the idea was to limit ourselves to just three or four, but since so many others are picking so many, I feel I should also include myself in the fan clubs of Hitchcock, Scorsese, and Herzog.

Nice thread idea!!
Add my name to Hitchcock, Fincher and Kubrick

I'd like to put in...
Paul Verhoeven
Peter Jackson
JJ Abrams
What Kubrick movies do you like, Rodent? Serious question. I kind of assumed you hated him, because I know you hate what I consider his two best movies.

Really not sure what the point is, but sign me up for these...

And please to create these...

Thanks.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan Club Sign-Up.jpg
Views:	870
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	14922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan Club Kurosawa.jpg
Views:	822
Size:	148.8 KB
ID:	14923   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan Club Huston.jpg
Views:	820
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	14924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan Club Gilliam.jpg
Views:	3927
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	14925  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I'll limit myself to 6 8 for now.

Orson Welles
Tsui Hark
Gillian Armstrong
Brian DePalma
John Sayles
Wong Kar-wai
Shohei Imamura
Leni Riefenstahl

Added!

It would also be nice to read a little bit about WHY some of you are so passionate about certain directors (Like Raul did with Hitchcock on the first page)! I myself will do it after I complete my Top 101 list, because I still want to keep the 'surprise element' of that list intact.

After one of my favorite director's best film (according to me) appears on that list, I'll write about my passion and love for that particular filmmaker in this thread, so I can substantiate my fanboyism a little.

I'm surprised there's not a Steven Spielberg fan club yet.
Yeah, me too. I personally think he made a whole bunch of good films, but I wouldn't call him one of my personal favorite directors at this point.

My three favorite films of his (that I've seen) would be Schindler's List (a very touching War epic), Catch Me If You Can (an entertaining crime flick) and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (one of the wildest adventure pictures of all time). They're the only three films of his that are close at being favorites of mine.

I also still need to see some of his most famous pictures (Saving Private Ryan, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Minority Report, The Color Purple, Munich) so I can't truly judge his whole filmography yet.

There's no doubt Spielberg is one of the most important mainstream American filmmakers. I think the only thing he may be missing is a typical style of his own, a recognizable identity. That's why people often don't recognize his talent as much on this forum. He makes very solid films, but he subordinates himself to the project he's working on. He's not like Tarantino, for instance, who always has to show that HE is the one who is in charge by making us very aware of his directing skills (which is definitely OK with me). Spielberg is (most of the times) more modest and subtle in showing off his skills.

When he does make something more personal and bold like Schindler's List, the result is undeniably fantastic, though.

Lynch
Altman
Tarantino
P.T. Anderson
Coen Brothers

I think those are the directors that are most fitting of having like cult/fan clubs, of course I love people like Hitchcock, Scorsese and Kubrick too, as well as most of the directors that are listed in the first post

Here is my massive post on why I love Tarantino, the man who got me into movies:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=32100

I might write more about others too later.