Favorite Director?

Tools    

Steven Weber was tons better! i mean come on Jack Nicholson can only do that stupid snarling face so many times in one movie. As for Homer Simpson, definetly the best of the lot of them!

Just to let you know that snarling face was done toward the end to show how Jack was becoming animal like. While going deeper and deeper into his psychological journey he was becoming crazed and animal like. I loved this, especially when he is chasing Danny like the big bad wolf, or when he starts to howl like a struck animal as he dies. This only added to his great acting.

Dang it man, you own this site of movies and yet it seems that you havn't seen any. I can't even count the number of times you've told me to put a spoiler.

Actually, most of the times I told you to put spoilers in place, it was for others, not me. I told you four times concerning Gladiator, but yes, I have seen Gladiator. Gotta be considerate of others. I had The Sixth Sense ruined for me by someone offline. There's nothing worse than that...especially with a classic like The Shining. You can't assume everyone reading or posting will have seen these movies.

Hahaha Zweeedorf, no need to get personal.

I think Patrice Leconte is a great director...He made Monsieur Hire, Ridicule, The Girl on the Bridge, and most recently, The Widow of St. Pierre. Any of you folks seen any of this films?

If not, I recommend them all, because they're wonderful. You don't know what yuo're missing, seriously.

Zweeedorf, Jack Nicholson is good actor, but dont think he's right for Jack, shining Jack,
and i dont see why that reply needed a spoiler, it didnt tell you much. i mean isn't it common knowledge what happens? all you have to do is watch the simpsons. And if you havent seen it WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THIS SITE! sorry, i get touchy when its hot.

Ohhh but lets bring in the guy from Wings. The only way that you could possible think that he is better than Jack is if you're part of some fan club of his.

P.S. I used he and his because i forgot the dudes name. And the spoiler thing: I didn't do anything this time like Kielle said

Originally posted by Kielle
and i dont see why that reply needed a spoiler, it didnt tell you much. i mean isn't it common knowledge what happens? all you have to do is watch the simpsons. And if you havent seen it WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THIS SITE! sorry, i get touchy when its hot.
Hey, being a fan of movies doesn't mean you have to see them all. I'm probably a lot younger than most people on this site, and as such, I tend to watch movies from my time...at least more than others. SOME people will not have seen it, and so the notice is needed. It's a precaution. It'd be pretty rude to assume everyone has seen this movie, or that movie. We all have varying levels of our fandom, and we all watch and enjoy different movies.

C'mon, spoilers notice man. It's not hard.

sorry.

NO! Never tell THE MAN that your sorry. Even if you're wrong argue it to the bone. Make up stuff if you have to so that you sound right. I mean really now the whole spoiler thing is a joke. Does it really matter with a movie like The Shining if you know how it ends, no. It is the whole movie before the end that fills you with fear.

It seems that mosty people have the same sentiments as myself. Best ever: Hitchcock
Best Living: Coen
Honorable mention: Burton

Originally posted by Zweeedorf
NO! Never tell THE MAN that your sorry. Even if you're wrong argue it to the bone. Make up stuff if you have to so that you sound right. I mean really now the whole spoiler thing is a joke. Does it really matter with a movie like The Shining if you know how it ends, no. It is the whole movie before the end that fills you with fear.
Well, not everyone agrees with you. A lot of people think of the ending of a movie as being important. Kind of rude to decide FOR them, don't you think? Spoilers notices...last time I want to say it. I'm not asking you for anything unreasonable here.

Yes you are! I shouldn't be forced to place spoiler notices for other people. Damn them I'll be "rude" if I have to I just feel that a spoiler notice is stupid. I'm not going to put any on any post that I make. I realize this is a stupid thing to fight against but damn it I have my ideals.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Man Zwee, you've always got to be difficult. If your ideas aren't inline with his, its immpossible to work with him. He'll just insult your ideas, telling you your an idiot.

Originally posted by Zweeedorf
Yes you are! I shouldn't be forced to place spoiler notices for other people. Damn them I'll be "rude" if I have to I just feel that a spoiler notice is stupid. I'm not going to put any on any post that I make. I realize this is a stupid thing to fight against but damn it I have my ideals.
I hate to get forceful, but I have no choice. Give me one good reason why you shouldn't have to post a spoiler notice. And no, "I don't want to" is not a reason. We should all show each other a common courtesy here. If you don't put them on there, I will, and I'll continue to berade you for it. It's a simple matter of respect for others...

He's an anarchist!!!

With reference to his recent posts, Maybe I'm not understanding Zweeedorf properly but I think that we should all indulge from time to time in provoking other members into heated (without getting personal) discusion and push the boundries, of which I've already felt in some quarters of this forum.

Living would easily be Marty Scorsese. Don't think he's made a 'bad' movie yet, and his best - GoodFellas, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, After Hours, The Last Temptation of Christ, Mean Streets, etc. - are THE best.

My all-time favorite director would be Akira Kurosawa. Again, not a misstep in his filmography, and his best works - Rashomon, The Seven Samurai, Ikiru, Throne of Blood, Yojimbo, High & Low, RAN - are peerless Cinema.

Too many other favorites to mention, but among them would be:
John Huston, Stanley Kubrick, Joel & Ethan Coen, Bob Altman, Hitchcock, Terry Gilliam, Truffaut, Clint Eastwood, David Lean, Werner Herzog, Ken Branagh, Sergio Leone, David Fincher, Milos Forman, Peter Weir, William Wyler, Stanley Donen, Sidney Lumet, Steven Soderbergh, Orson Welles, Terry Malick, William Wellman, Wes Anderson, and on and on and on....
[Edited by Holden Pike on 09-06-2001]

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Have to say Coen Brothers, Ridley Scott(yes that's right), James Cameron, Darren Arnofsky(i think that's his name, Pi, Requiem for a Dream), M Night Shyamalan.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg