Most Exciting Release of This Week

Tools    

Didn't see it.
Which one of these are you most interested in?

Didn't see it.
I had a hard time choosing between Proof of Life and Vertical Limit, but went with Vertical Limit. It looks very intense.

I went with Vertical Limit - looks really cool. I hope to see it sometime this week, but we'll see about that. Proof of Life looks okay, but not as cool as Verticial Limit.

D-&-D, by the way, looks cooler than I thought it would.

[Edited by TWTCommish on 12-09-2000]

Didn't see it.
Did anybody get to see any of these this weekend?

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i saw diddly this weekend ...

i voted for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon ... aww man, that looked so good.

Proof of Life ... uh, come-on. That story just didn't feel right. There is also talk that there's no chemistry between Meg and Russell (oddly enough) and that the film just does ... as in, it's a movie, that's about it, nothing great or anything about it.

And i uh ... just wasn't moved by vertical limit. not into those sports life/death adventure type movies.

The ad for Dungeons & Dragons looked pretty good but didn't give me chills like the chop-chop movie trailer. I've also heard some not so great things about it, that they don't deliver what they promise...

SPOILER ...

That there's only one dragon, CGI in the beginning, and no where else. come on, there's supposed to be some dragon stuff, right?! And that it was pretty crappy over all, story, acting. Jeremy Irons was intense but kitsch ... stuff like that.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I voted for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon too. Looks awesome. I'm a big martial arts buff.

Just Jackie Chan for me really - the guy is like one of those really small, really bouncy rubber balls you get from those machines outside of the supermarket.

Bruce Lee is cool, too, but I prefer Chan - more realistic and good-natured. He makes "feel-good" movies.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
If you like Chan's feel good movies, then you should check out Gorgeous. Its a love movie, but it has action in it. And the action is Chinnese Boxing, not all that prop stuff of his. So he actually does real martial arts in this movie, not just prop fighting. There are only like 3 scenes of action though. The first is a prop scene, which is awesome. He is so quick with baseball bats.

Didn't see it.
I like the Chan movies for the same resaons. Incredible stunts and funny too.