Yoda's Birthday Today!

Tools    

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Austruck
Prince? You quote Prince to me?
I'm ashamed to admit I know you, sir.

[Well, okay, that's a bit harsh. But still ... PRINCE?]
I didn't think my Salt N' Pepa quote was gonna be appropriate in this thread.

A system of cells interlinked
Prince? You quote Prince to me?
I'm ashamed to admit I know you, sir.

[Well, okay, that's a bit harsh. But still ... PRINCE?]
Prince = Complete and utter GENIUS. His arrangement skills, technique, production skills....

I don't really dig his stuff that much, but the man is one of the greatest living performers in music today, IMO. I just don't like his music very much. Some of it I really like though, like the aforementioned Doves cry. He played at the grammy awards recently and his mini-set was unreal. The guy did a back flip while ripping up the guitar solo, and he didn;t miss a note. My jaw was on the floor....

Regardless, where is Chris??? Sucka is MIA. That bunny suit is sure cute.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Well, he is a lot closer to the floor than most of us, but still... very impressive.
I think Austruck protesteth too much. I suspect a stack of Prince LP's, well worn and memorized, lies at the back of a closet somewhere in her home.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Well, he is a lot closer to the floor than most of us, but still... very impressive.
I think Austruck protesteth too much. I suspect a stack of Prince LP's, well worn and memorized, lies at the back of a closet somewhere in her home.
Nope, not a single Prince CD or LP or single anywhere in the house, ever.

This is more easily explained than that: Prince is one of the few artists who won't give Weird Al permission to parody any of his work. Twit. Get over yourself.

I saw our little grown up friend on again last night, yet he still failed to post anything. What is he? A Prima Donna? Cindarella maybe? Gee whiz...I've heard of fashionably late before, but this is ridiculous.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

there's a frog in my snake oil
Hey, the guy's just found out he was turned into a rabbit when he was 2 months old. That can be a shock to the system.

He's probably in the bathroom right now making sure he isn't mutating into a Wilderbeast. Or a potato. It's a very delicate age is 21.

Congrats on making it Chri.

I can only imagine that every time he tries, he gets all emotional and his eye mist over and he can't find the words.

There really can't be any other reason, right?

eta: Golgot~

I am having a nervous breakdance
Nope, not a single Prince CD or LP or single anywhere in the house, ever.

This is more easily explained than that: Prince is one of the few artists who won't give Weird Al permission to parody any of his work. Twit. Get over yourself.
He he... The guy takes his art seriously, nothing wrong with that. And compared to Weird Al.... Wait, I'm trying to compare Weird Al to Prince?? What was I thinking.....

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
He he... The guy takes his art seriously, nothing wrong with that. And compared to Weird Al.... Wait, I'm trying to compare Weird Al to Prince?? What was I thinking.....
Yes, no comparison!

(Wait....Somehow I don't think we meant that the same way.)

Oh my god, I love Prince... She wore a RASPBERRRRY beret! The kind you find in the second hand store... RASSSSSSSSSPBERRY beret. If it was warm she wouldn't wear much more. I've kareoked to that song before. December 28, 2004 at O'Meara's in Manassas, VA to be exact (in case you can time travel). I brought down the house.

PRINCE!!!!!!

Where did you go on your trip?
Why was it so taxing?
What happened that you hurt your finger?
What did you do to celebrate your birthday?
Who did you celebrate with?
Do you like them? I mean... do you like... like them, like them?

Where did you go on your trip?
Indiana.

Why was it so taxing?
Several reasons. The one I'm willing to tell you about is that my flight was delayed four times and I ended up sitting in an airport terminal in Indianapolis for about 6 1/2 hours, during which an announcement beckoning a "Mr. Chewbacca" to the baggage claim came over the AP system.

What happened that you hurt your finger?
Side of my hand, actually. Long story.

What did you do to celebrate your birthday?
Bought some music, ate, bought a lot of alcohol, drank it.

Who did you celebrate with?
A girl named Tracy.

Do you like them? I mean... do you like... like them, like them?
Nah.

Originally Posted by Yoda
D'oh, how did I miss this? Thanks guys; I appreciate it.
And we should all thank the power of Prince for getting him to notice it. His picture in this thread was all it took. Yes, I believe in Prince.

You ready? You look ready.
You know, he really does look like Yoda in that picture.
Aniko, nope, no drugs, dammit. And, stupid me, I didn't learn my lesson because I had the other three at home too -- and they were bigger than Yods!

He was still the toughest birth, though, because of my own ignorance of labor. I stayed in bed too much and should have been up and around more. The other labors were easier. With Yods I pushed for a solid three hours, which is crazy-nuts and painful if you don't even know the baby is posterior. (The doctor knew, but just didn't want to tell me!) Ugh. I ended up with an episiotomy anyway (no drugs for that either, even though she did it too early), and hemorrhaged and fainted after the birth.

I didn't get the color back in my face or the palms of my hands or my feet for over a week. As I said, the other births (once I knew what I was doing) were very nice home births from start to finish. Yod's birth was really great once we got to this point:
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
And we should all thank the power of Prince for getting him to notice it. His picture in this thread was all it took. Yes, I believe in Prince.
Hey! Let's not go crazy here.

history *is* moralizing
is Prince the King, or was the King the Prince?
well, i like Bonnie Prince Billy a lot more...