My Introduction

Tools    

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I think instead of "elitist", you meant "knowledgeable". People have been very friendly to you, despite your somewhat abrasive initial posts. And you turn around and call them 'geeks' and 'elitists'??

i knew i was gonna get negative responses for that...my bad, wrong choice of words....( by geeks and elitists i meant nothing bad, it's only americans that imediatly take offense to that term...i meant knowledgable people)
i know people have been nice to me, you took my post completely wrong...i just meant to say that your converstions and observations about movies are on a higher level then mine and i sorta feel , well like a little boy trying to cut into an adult converstion..
don't get all defensive....you're all mature people....let's keep it that way.....

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Originally Posted by adidasss
i knew i was gonna get negative responses for that...my bad, wrong choice of words....( by geeks and elitists i meant nothing bad, it's only americans that imediatly take offense to that term...i meant knowledgable people)
i know people have been nice to me, you took my post completely wrong...i just meant to say that your converstions and observations about movies are on a higher level then mine and i sorta feel , well like a little boy trying to cut into an adult converstion..
don't get all defensive....you're all mature people....let's keep it that way.....

By mature do you mean OLD???
Now you've offended me, be prepared for an iminent invasion of Croatia by small ginger haired Scotsmen!!!!
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

My life isn't written very well.
Whoa Nelly! "small ginger haired Scotsmen"?! By "small" do you mean short?! Some people are SO insensitive!

*witness thread go into a totally different direction!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
LordSlaytan was only trying to generate a response from you, which he did and it was a good one. Sad to say, but you got upset and I'm sure that was not his intention. He certainly didn't mean to scare you away. Hopefully he won't take your response as an over-reaction.
Hey, somebody stuck up for me! Yay!!! I thought I had to wait for Annie to come back before that would happen. Lucky for me you were here, Tim-Mae.

Anywho...

Yes, I was trying to create some interaction. I had no idea that I was being nasty, rude and utterly disrespectful. I actually took a bit of time trying to write a kind and thoughtful welcome for her. It's too bad that it turned out the way it did.

It reminds me of when that one guy joined and bitched about people not immediatly taking a shine to him and me telling him I wanted to shoot him in the face. He totally took my sexual advance as a threatening gesture. That really surprised me. I need to be more careful with the way I put things.

BTW Amber: You never did mention whether you have read any of the The Dark Tower books or The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. I am genuinly interested in hearing what you have to say about them. And...I did not mean to insult you in any way. Seriously. *sigh*

...it's only americans that imediatly take offense to that term...
Wha…wha…wha?!?!? I take offense to that, sir!

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
Now you've offended me, be prepared for an iminent invasion of Croatia by small ginger haired Scotsmen!!!!
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM.
hahahahahahaha!!!!

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
It usually takes awhile, even on a friendly board, to develop a rapport with people. This is one of the more responsive boards I've used. In fact, it's the most welcoming, by far. Anyplace else, you're looking at about 500 unanswered posts before someone finally says, "when did you get here?"

Whoa Nelly! "small ginger haired Scotsmen"?! By "small" do you mean short?! Some people are SO insensitive!

*witness thread go into a totally different direction!

Are you calling me short???
Now you're on my ****-list too.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM.
wow!!!what a mental image.....*runs away scared shitless*
i've said this before a milion times...i'm partial to scotish people..in fact, my sis tells me that she met a couple of young scotish guys in Novalja!!!! ....and i wasn't there!!!!*cries*

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
It usually takes awhile, even on a friendly board, to develop a rapport with people. This is one of the more responsive boards I've used. In fact, it's the most welcoming, by far. Anyplace else, you're looking at about 500 unanswered posts before someone finally says, "when did you get here?"
true....that's why i'm sticking around....i've gone through the labor pains of joining a forum before....once again i apologize....i meant no offense....truce?

Hey yor OK in my buk adidasss! yes pleaze stik arround. Truse!

Seriously, stick around dude.

no! who cares? i was just kidding you! in fact, you write very well, despite the syntax.

Hey yor OK in my buk adidasss! yes pleaze stik arround. Truse!

Seriously, stick around dude.
my mamma worned me that peepl wud make fun of my spelin...she realy shud ev send me tu skool.....

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
true....that's why i'm sticking around....i've gone through the labor pains of joining a forum before....once again i apologize....i meant no offense....truce?
Sure.

well, i was going to also leave a large post but everyone said it for me.....if everyone agreed with everyone else, this would be a very boring world...i find that it's interesting to hear and read other people's ideas and reactions to all different things...movies, tv shows, music, etc....that is what makes the world go round....

these are the nicest people that i've come across on any forum movies or not, and i do enjoy coming here...so i hope you give this another try....

Originally Posted by StormSiren
I hope I haven't lost everyone in this post.
Nearly..............

Leave our LordyLord (LordSlaytan) alone, he is precious to us all

Originally Posted by nebbit
Nearly..............

Yeah especially lay of Slay, he saved me from forum flirting with another Dude!!!
Slay, you da man! (I mean that in a totally hetrosexual " did you see that bears game" kinda way)
Or do I????
Your bluff Slay, how's yer poker face?

Originally Posted by nebbit
Nibbles…I’d like to scoop you up and plant kisses all over your entire body…er, face. Yeah.

Okay…body.

Yeah especially lay off Slay, he saved me from forum flirting with another Dude!!!
Stopped you, Stu…not saved you. You freaky corn husker, you.

Slay, you da man! (I mean that in a totally hetrosexual " did you see that bears game" kinda way)
Yay!!! I’m loved by a heterosexual man!

Go Slay! Go Slay!! It’s your birthday! It’s your birthday!! Whoop-whoop!!!

Or do I????
Huh? Do you what? Have your finger up your…

Go Slay! Go Slay!! It’s your birthday! It’s your birthday!! Whoop-whoop!!!

Your bluff Slay, how's yer poker face?
Stu… I’d like to scoop you up and plant kisses all over your entire body…er, face. Yeah.

Okay…body.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
I think we lost her folks . If she would have stuck around a little longer I think she would have understood. Most of the things said on this forum that seem offensive to a new user are only said in jest, and that when we commented on changing her taste we only meant we wanted to share our favorite movies with her in hopes that she would enjoy them as much as we did. As the best part of the forum is being introduced to wonderfull new movies you otherwise never we have seen, and then coming back discussing them, sharing the joy with eveyone else and then making a few recommendations of your own. On that note I'll stop because I'm starting to sound like an infomercial. My Point is if your out there StormSiren, please give us another chance. We just might surprise you.