"IT"

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Anyone else heard about this? It is supposed to be a revolutionize the world all over, and for anyone. The inventor, Dean Kamen, has been quoted as saying it is “an alternative to products that are dirty, expensive, sometimes dangerous, and often frustrating, especially for people in the cities.”

Although Kamen has released a statement saying the speculation behind it is over exposed and he feels people will be disappointed with what it actually is.

Speculation is saying it might be a personal car or hovercraft device. It just may well be. I thought it could quiet possibly be some sort of teleportation device. I think it might actually be a personal car though.

Anyone else heard about this?

It's a scooter.

It's not really a scooter!

I think it's a fuel source within the scooter. We use an awful lot of fuel/power, so a clean, incredibly long-lasting fuel source would be one of the few things "bigger than the Internet" at this point.

I'm virtually positive it is a fuel source, and would be very surprised if it was not.

MovieForums Extra

For a minute there I thought you were talking about Stephen King's "IT"

I think it's a robot that does your shopping and walks the dog...think about it

Well, if he's got some sort of amazing fuel source or engine, he's not bothering to patent the engine, which would seem kind of silly considering that people could simply copy the design and sell their own identical engines if it is not patented. He did bother to apply for a patent for the design of the scooter itself, though.

Maybe there is sometihng more to it, but given the hype, we're all bound to be disappointed. And given what we do know, IT is unlikely to actually be anything all that Earthshattering.

Even the inventor's own websight has a press release that says the invention will not be of an Earthshattering nature.

At most, perhaps we'll see a scooter with a propane or other cleaner-burning fuel engine (which is not really revolutionary as we have other propane or cleaner-burning fuel engines).
[Edited by ryanpaige on 01-17-2001]