The Greatest Movie Speeches

Tools    

We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. We're gonna get 'em on the run boys and once we get 'em on the run we're gonna keep 'em on the run. And then we're gonna go go go go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goal line. This is a team they say is... is good, well I think we're better than them. They can't lick us, so what do you say men?

LOVE IT GO RUDY!!!!
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Just finished watching this one. I really enjoyed it.

Suspect's Reviews

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
Charlie Chaplin's Speech in The Great Dictator at the end. Basically Epic!

Greets
Spikez

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club

"damn the man! save the empire!"

what the name of that movie?

I think you meant to post this link instead.

A person is smart. People are dumb
"Out of order, I show you out of order. You don't know what out of order is, Mr. Trask. I'd show you, but I'm too old, I'm too tired, I'm too f*ckin' blind. If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this place! Out of order? Who the hell do you think you're talkin' to? I've been around, you know? There was a time I could see. And I have seen. Boys like these, younger than these, their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. But there isn't nothin' like the sight of an amputated spirit. There is no prosthetic for that. You think you're merely sending this splendid foot soldier back home to Oregon with his tail between his legs, but I say you are... executin' his soul! And why? Because he's not a Bairdman. Bairdmen. You hurt this boy, you're gonna be Baird bums, the lot of ya. And Harry, Jimmy, Trent, wherever you are out there, F*CK YOU TOO!"

Al Pacino, Scent of a Woman

One of the best movie Speeches in my opinion is:

"Well, yes, ma'am, I do... I mean, I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper. I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or, who I'm gonna meet, where I'm gonna wind up. Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people. I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count."

- Jack Dawson from TITANIC

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
One of the best movie Speeches in my opinion is:

"Well, yes, ma'am, I do... I mean, I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper. I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or, who I'm gonna meet, where I'm gonna wind up. Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people. I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count."

- Jack Dawson from TITANIC
I think I saw that coming. Nice choice tho

Some of my favorites, even though they have all been mentioned:

- Both speeches from Pulp Fiction, the watch and vengeance.
- Nicholson in A Few Good Men.

Those were the first to come to mind, but I'll try to think of some more.

Semper Fooey
Best speech: the beginning of PATTON.

Worst speech: the close of THE GREAT DICTATOR.

Although the St Crispin's Day speech from Henry V is undoubtedly my favorite movie speech, but it's already been taken. So here are some other classics that bear watching.

Maybe it's a bit dated, but for me this is Spencer Tracy at his finest. (From Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?)

And Hepburn? Why do I consider her to be perhaps the greatest movie actress who ever lived? Well...

From The Lion in Winter

Harvey is #8 on my top 100 list. The following monologue by James Stewart is one reason why. The section in question ends at 1:55.

Semper Fooey
Robert Donat's speech that makes no sense, but receives a standing ovation because of his stirring delivery when he's mistaken for a politician in "The 30 Steps."

There are definitely a lot of good movie speeches. The most recent I remember watching, hearing and feeling was the speech of Elizabeth Swan played by Keira Knightley in the 3rd installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean. I really felt that one.. tingled my bones while watching the movie.