The Greatest Movie Speeches

Tools    

It's Al Pacino's speech in the last part of Scent of a Woman.

The King of Movies
Defently the speech in America History X when Danny Vinyard is talking to the news reporter about his dads death. Inspiring stuff. Some one has never made me remember the sixties like that speach, i miss those days. The seats in the front of buses were all ways empty. Ahhh i miss the words "racial" and "segragation" in the same sentence.

If you have seen the movie you will know what im talking about.

ps.I'm not a part of the KKK

pss.Im only joking and im not a racist. I hate all races equally.

"Yes gentlemen, they are on their way in, and no one can bring them back. For the sake of our country, and our way of life, I suggest you get the rest of SAC in after them. Otherwise, we will be totally destroyed by Red retaliation. Uh, my boys will give you the best kind of start, 1400 megatons worth, and you sure as hell won't stop them now, uhuh. Uh, so let's get going, there's no other choice. God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural... fluids. God bless you all"

Dr Strangelove

You want to post like me?

Warning: F*ck is said alot.

Think someone uploaded this before me in a different thread. This belongs rightfully in this thread in my opinion, however.

"This record here's about twelve years old. Parliament buried it and it stayed buried until River here dug it up. This is what they were afraid she knew. And they were right to fear. There's a universe of folk who're gonna know it, too. Someone *has to* speak for these people.
Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
Ok your gonna have to,fast forward the video to see the speech. Sorry I didn't make the video.

Its Neil Gallagher of Puppet Master. A pretty good speech.

2:01 is where the speech starts!!

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

"You talk about vengance. Is vengance going to bring your son back to you...or my boy to me? I forgo the vengance of my son. But...my youngest son had to leave the country because of this Sollozzo business, so now I have to make arrangements to bring him back safely cleared of all these false charges. But I'm a supersticious man. And if some unlucky accident should befall him...if he should be shot in the head by a police officer...if should hang himself in his jail cell, or if he's struck by a bolt of lightning, then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room...and that, I do not forgive. But, that aside, let me say that I swear, on the souls of my grandchildren, that I will not be the one to break the peace we have made here today"
- Marlon Brando as Vito Corleone in The Godfather (1972)
"Like the fella says...in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock!"
- Harry Lime, Vienna, 1948

It took a while for Robin Williams' monologue in Good Will Hunting to pop up. But yeah, that scene was the first thing that came to mind reading the topic.

Jack Nicholson at his best.

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH! You want me on that wall! You NEED me on that wall!

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
Seeing the greatest dialogues thread got me thinking about my favourite monologues from the movies I've seen. I find there's nothing better than a well written rant/monologue to just add that little something special and memorable to a movie. Some of my favourites that come to mind:

Mark Renton (Trainspotting)
Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a ****ing big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the **** you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

Donnie Darko
(Donnie Darko)
First of all, Papa Smurf didn't create Smurfette. Gargamel did. She was sent in as Gargamel's evil spy with the intention of destroying the Smurf village. But the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her. And as for the whole gang-bang scenario, it just couldn't happen. Smurfs are asexual. They don't even have... reproductive organs under those little, white pants. It's just so illogical, you know, about being a Smurf. You know, what's the point of living... if you don't have a dick?

Lester Burnham (American Beauty)
I had always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die. First of all, that one second isn't a second at all, it stretches on forever, like an ocean of time... For me, it was lying on my back at Boy Scout camp, watching falling stars... And yellow leaves, from the maple trees, that lined my street... Or my grandmother's hands, and the way her skin seemed like paper... And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand new Firebird... And Janie... And Janie... And... Carolyn. I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday.

Narrator (Fight Club)
Home was a condo on the fifteenth floor of a filing cabinet for widows and young professionals. The walls were solid concrete. A foot of concrete is important when your next-door neighbor lets their hearing aid go and have to watch game-shows at full volume. Or when a volcanic blast of debris that used to be your furniture and personal effects blows out of your floor-to-ceiling windows and sails flaming into the night. I suppose these things happen.

Bullet Tooth Tony (Snatch)
Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought your two little mincey ****** balls along for a good old time. But you've got your parties muddled up. There's no pussy here, just a dose that'll make you wish you were born a woman. Like a prick, you are having second thoughts. You are shrinking, and your two little balls are shrinking with you. And the fact that you've got "Replica" written down the side of your guns...
And the fact that I've got "Desert Eagle point five O"...
Written down the side of mine...should precipitate your balls into shrinking, along with your presence. Now... **** off!

Johnny Quid (RocknRolla)
You see that pack of Virginia killing sticks on the end of the piano?
All you need to know about life is retained in those four walls. You will notice that one of your personalities is seduced by the illusions of grandeur -the gold packet of king size with a regal insignia, an attractive implication towards grandeur and wealth, the subtle suggestion that cigarettes are indeed your royal and loyal friends, and that, Pete, is a lie.
Your other personality is trying to draw your attention to the flip side of the discussion, written in boring bold black and white. It's a statement that these neat little soldiers of death are in fact trying to kill you, and that, Pete, is the truth.
Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and i'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren. That that starts sweet ends bitter, and that which starts bitter ends sweet. That is why you and i love the drugs and that is also why I cannot give that painting back. now please, pass me a light.

Those are my favourite ones I can think of off the top of my head. Later on if noone else has added them I'll probably add some Tarantino and Coen Brothers to this thread.

Team America Dicks, Pussies,******** speech

Excellent.

Some brilliant ones mentioned - but I'll add Bill's speech from Kill Bill 2 - the one about Superman. I love that so much. So simple but I love it.

all these are wonderful and i really go at them.

Huh?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."